It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian government employing internet shills to 'correct misinformation about political issues'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

They must have got this idea from the US - either way this should be no surprise to anybody. Shills and disinfo agents have been trolling online forums and chat rooms for years.

In fact I wouldn't be suprised if they have an entire division dedicated to this website alone...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yeah, that idea definitely comes from your neighbor to the south that spends more on "defense" than the rest of the world combined. They even admit that free speech is in direct opposition to their goals.

As for your suspicions that there are numerous shills and disinfo agents on ATS, imagine what kind of resources and personnel the U.S. government and DoD employs to "fight the net as if it were an enemy weapons system".

Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system".
by Brent Jessop
Global Research, February 2, 2008

Information Operation Roadmap Part 3

The Pentagon's Information Operations Roadmap is blunt about the fact that an internet, with the potential for free speech, is in direct opposition to their goals. The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system". 

The 2003 Pentagon document entitled the Information Operation Roadmap was released to the public after a Freedom of Information Request by the National Security Archive at George Washington University in 2006. A detailed explanation of the major thrust of this document and the significance of information operations or information warfare was described by me here. 

Fighting the Net

"We Must Fight the Net. DoD [Department of Defense] is building an information-centric force. Networks are increasingly the operational center of gravity, and the Department must be prepared to "fight the net." " [emphasis mine] - 6

"DoD's "Defense in Depth" strategy should operate on the premise that the Department will "fight the net" as it would a weapons system." [emphasis mine] - 13

It should come as no surprise that the Pentagon would aggressively attack the "information highway" in their attempt to achieve dominance in information warfare. Donald Rumsfeld's involvement in the Project for a New American Century sheds more light on the need and desire to control information.

www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 3/9/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
More of the same,

ngin.tripod.com...

It's been done for years by everyone and their granny, but it's as well to know the big offenders and the rest.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
there is a good ongoing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

check it out .. the first half was hot . hot . hot!

top topics

join