It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Begins Descent From Orbit for Landing (11:57 est)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Discovery Begins Descent From Orbit for Landing (11:57 est)

www.foxnews.com

It's the last landing day for Discovery, NASA's most traveled space shuttle, which returns to Earth today to cap a 27-year spaceflight career before heading to a museum.

Discovery and its crew are scheduled to land here at NASA's Kennedy Space Center at 11:57 a.m. EST (1657 GMT). They will touch down on the same runway where, just over two weeks ago, Discovery's six astronauts arrived to begin the orbiter's final journey into space. [Photos of Discovery's Final Mission]

Discovery's STS-133 mission will end when the shuttle's wheels roll to a stop for the last time, capping a pro
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well, it's about to end a glorious mission history and some sad moments along the way.

I was fortunate to see it fly over last night on the last orbit-that I could witness.

Can't wait to see what is coming. If anyone can tape it I would greatly appreciate it. I am sure I can catch it but ATSers do such a better job.

Your last chance to see it live.....

FOX has a live feed.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
And today is Ash Wednesday.. Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Heatrae

Man don't do that.... I am not sure what you mean but.... lets just hope them the best and a safe landing!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Though I was always surprised at how long these shuttles were able to be used, even with all of the accidents that followed them, they were pretty useful tools. The retirement of the Discovery marks the end of an era.

new topics

top topics

join