It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Of The World Now Set For May 21st - It's A Saturday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

End Of The World Now Set For May 21st - It's A Saturday

What do you guys think?

On May 20th I'll be celebrating the END of the WORLD!
On May 22nd I'll have to start paying on all my bills again...

link   
When I think about 'the rapture' I get a funny image in my head.
Like I'm driving and suddenly everything starts crashing into everything else as some drivers 'get disappeared'. Or I'm at the supermarket checkout and the cashier disappears.
Note I assume I'm one of those left in the chaos....
I have a very religious neighbour. I'll be keeping my eye on him!

link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I'll level out the responses by saying it's possible, and perhaps even probable.

Great! Can I have your car?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I feel sorry for the people who are on the planes, trains, and busses that are piloted by religious people. That would suck. All of a sudden your stewardess comes over the PA system saying that the pilots have both vanished into thin air.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
l am fairly new to posting so please be patient. I have been a follower of ATS for a long time. There is a lot of fair and honest observations here; There are also those that are not. So I am very careful to seek truth in everything.

First let me say that for the very reason this date, and the date of 2012 has been set, we can be certain the world will not end on those days. Fear mongering only happens to those who allow themselves to be moved by that fear.
How do I know that this Family Radio is indeed speaking out of turn? Simple: Christ said and I will not use quotes, but Google it if you wish. He said: no man knows the day or the hour. This means that when a man says that a certain day is the day. He is wrong. Period. So everyone rest easy. Time may be short, and things are not as they should be, but we can all take a vacation on Dec. 21st 2012 and on the above date set by family radio. I do not fear May 2011 or Dec. 2012 and neither should anyone else.
It is a shame that they have sold and given away all their things. Does anyone have all their addresses so that I may go and see if there is anything I can use? I would be happy to accept one of their houses as a gift.
What will they all do when this date comes and goes, and they have nothing left but the clothes they wear?
They have pulled scripture out of context in such a way that many will be deceived. They already are:
Let me pull some scripture out of context for ATS viewers simply to show how disinformation works:
"Judas went and hanged himself. (Matthew 25) Go and do thou likewise" Luke 10:37
Now do I get myself a nice big van and travel America telling everyone to go and hang themselves?
The world will indeed suffer consequences, and perhaps very soon, but it will not be on those dates because they are not supported.
If I have made any mistakes in my post please feel free to delete or edit.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

I agree with you.
This group do not speak for Christians in general.
The whole business of calculating dates from the Bible is a misapplication of energy.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I agree with you......if we are just basing the end times on the scriptures in the Bible. The end could happen later this afternoon, or next Tues. at 3:00pm, or 178 years from now. We won't know until it actually happens.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Wow, it's because the Bible promised them this would take place. How many times have people claimed that the Bible has given them the exact date? Give me a break.

I wonder why their donation portal would still be up and running? They take Visa, Mastercard, Debit Cards and Discover. You can also call in and donate or you can mail them your tax refundable gift. Yes, you too can help them broadcast their fictional end times predictions complete with the promises of Armageddon!

Shouldn't they be giving all of their assets away at this point to people who really need it? I mean really, the Bible promised them that they'd be gone so what in the world would they need the millions of dollars that they have?

It seems the followers of this message, that is broadcast by Family Stations Inc, are adorning their vehicles with the message of carnage that is to befall humanity on May 21, 2011. Just imagine them trying to get the paint off after they realize they have been duped! Oh what a hoot that is going to be. I'll bet Camping will be on some island somewhere with all of the profits.

Family Radio had net assets of approximately $122 million in 2007

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1992, Camping published a book titled 1994?, in which he proclaimed that Christ's return would be on September 6, 1994. As a result, some individuals have criticized him for "date-setting."

en.wikipedia.org...

Assets in 2008: $117,074,384 This organization: $117,074,384

www.faqs.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This has got to be the most disturbing part of the article.

Arianna Ramrajie, of Ocala, Florida, has one she’d like to share. On May 21, the sun will “turn red like blood,” the Earth will open up, bodies will be strewn about and “some people will die for eternity,” she says. “It scares me a little bit because some people are going to die, and I think I’m one of them,” she adds. “I’m trying to do good things, but I’m afraid I’m doing something bad.” Arianna is 7, after all, and being good all the time cannot be easy. Her father stands next to her, nodding his approval.

Seven years old? Shouldn't she be playing with dolls and an easy bake oven? Way to go Family Stations Inc., you have successfully ensured that yet another human being will go throughout life unsure and afraid that she will be swallowed by the planet for being bad. Really man, seven years old and she is afraid that she cannot be good enough. This is absolutely sickening.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Without Football, I say Sunday is NASCAR day

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

I agree with you.
This group do not speak for Christians in general.
The whole business of calculating dates from the Bible is a misapplication of energy.

+1
I have attended a dozen churches in five states over the last (multiple 10s) years and have NEVER heard anyone suggest a specific date for the rapture. instead I hear the verse quoted 'No man knows the day or the hour'.

these sitting-on-the-hill idiots make the rest of us look bad.
at least they ain't blowing anyone up or protesting military funerals for their faith.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Seeing as how the rapture will be on May 21, I do not believe that Family Stations Inc. will need their assets anymore. Will Family Stations Inc., or Family Radio, be giving their money, property and any other assets away to those who need them? How about Harold Camping himself? Will he be giving away his properties and money too? I believe most of his followers already have.

I just couldn't help myself. I sent the above text in an e-mail to [email protected]. I'm not expecting a return e-mail but it would be something if they actually responded. I'll post it if they do.

I edited to add that I just called the 800 number as well. I asked the operator about the May 21st rapture date. She assured me that it was going to happen. I said well then, is Family Stations Inc. going to be giving away their assets to those who need them? Seeing as how you will all be gone.

She said I don't need to worry myself about that because no one will be here. She said that is all taken care of and that I should worry about my salvation because its going to happen. I re-iterated my question and asked how I could go about receiving some of the funds that belong to Family Stations because they will not need them anymore. She told me that is not what I should be worrying about, it's really going to happen and hung up.

Wow. I really thought I could talk them into giving me some cash.
edit on 9-3-2011 by jackflap because: Info.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have a birthday party to attend, May 21st.
This won't work for me...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Without Football, I say Sunday is NASCAR day

Lol HP, they just drive around and around.....and around....an around "yawns"...and around...and around... in a circle, I rather rapture happen then have to sit through that.

edit on 9-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There are a few organizations going to make some money off of this.

www.postrapturepetcare.com...

For a small donation of £69.99 pounds, we will make sure your pets are well fed and taken care of long after you and your family have been taken up.

eternal-earthbound-pets.com...

For $135.00 we will guarantee that should the Rapture occur within ten (10) years of receipt of payment, one pet per residence will be saved. Each additional pet at your residence will be saved for an additional $20.00 fee. A small price to pay for your peace of mind and the health and safety of your four legged and feathered friends.

and many others offering similar services.

I feel so sorry for the kids of these families, they're all going to be waiting, and if they don't go anywhere, they're going to be convinced that they're bad. Counselling and therapy services might be sooooo busy this summer :shk:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Glad it's not going on a week day. I hate missing work

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Are they all wearing black Nike's?

Because if so, I don't believe this will end well

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I predict the people of the world will have the greatest hangover in history on that Sunday...when life continues as normal.

edit on 9-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

quite evangelical of you. but i don't disagree. but the statement "no man knows the hour..." could very easily be interpreted for the effect of "so don't worry so much about the future". life goes on, and must; even if the world ends tomorrow, i will still plant an apple tree today. we so want to know what will happen in the future. it makes us feel special, that somehow, we have been the impetus of a greater force. someday, world will end, until then, i go to work, pay the mortgage, and post responses on ats

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
May 21st? I really wonder what happened to the OTHER day, the one that's much
closer - May 15th, only five days from now!

Everyone's forgotten the doom on that date!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join