It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there really a Giant Pyramid in West Java, Indonesia?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3856d88f4007.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks like one to me here is one in Mexico
Looks similar.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9c74beb3fb9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Very interesting. I wonder how it was built.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I am not much of an expert on farming, but the mountain looks like it has been used for terraced farming!

here is the wikipedia article on Terraced Agriculture

the stones that the "researchers' found could have been used for embankments for the terraces.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
reply to post by nagabonar

that image is all photo shop are you kidding me?

negative. i have not photoshoped any mountain images, and took them from the sources as they are and if you read carefully through the OP, I only photoshoped the graphic on the bottom of the OP in order to translate its contents.
edit on 10-3-2011 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
great input everyone!

Originally posted by trailertrash

The trouble with us is that we are soooooo conditioned to thinking "religion" because of our own religious indoctrinations that we naturally assume that all men are religious. It don't have to be so.

Actually very good point here on which i fully agree, which leads me to avoid mentioning them as religion specific from now on. It could also be that any ancient structure has been built for the one of the following purposes, for example:

- greatness of king/ leader
- to show off to other civilizations (intimidate)
- defense purposes

Originally posted by polarwarrior

I dont see why they cant have more such structures, they certainly seemed capable.

the great ancient Indonesian kingdoms such as Sailendra, Majapahit, Sriwijaya strectched for a large area from madagaskar to all of indonesia, parts of thailand and malaysia. They build hundreds of temples and palaces. however, the only one which have been discovered in that traditional "Mayan" shaped and stood the test of time are 2 small ones at another mountain in central java as per my signature post. normally structures from the mentioned kingdoms are very similar to ancient Indian Structures.

Originally posted by coredrill
I am not much of an expert on farming, but the mountain looks like it has been used for terraced farming!

here is the wikipedia article on Terraced Agriculture

the stones that the "researchers' found could have been used for embankments for the terraces.

one of the mountains is terraced...in my OP i mentioned that there are actually 2 mountains on the images. The second mountain (where the research is happening) seems to be covered with deep jungle - have a look at the last mountain image in the OP
edit on 10-3-2011 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbrainn

In fact this can be another Bosnian situation. Pyramids exists there, scientific proved ! More than 12000 years old !!!

"scientific proved" would be great if you could provide a source to that statement

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
So if these are all pyramids, They would all have inside cavities and that hey? Just asking, sometimes I wsih things were as exciting as we would like to believe, cool mountains tho, hope they are pyramids.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

Well this remains to be seen. Please note that I have not claimed these mountains as pyramids but only pointed out the news that ongoing research is happening

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Speaking of pyramids I recently came across something interesting in China. See Google earth 33 56' 49.97 N 107 56' 03.08 E.
Something doesn't add up about the White pyramid theory being the tomb it is thought to be. First option is that they original account is a total fabrication because the pilot was not talking about the current thought of location.
The second option is that he did see something as he came around a mountain that was in a valley that could not be landed in. Perhaps the description is embellished some.
But what is this in this google earth image? Could it be something unknown? It is in a remote location in the proper vicinity of the pilot's account. Note it is just south of a 9+k foot peak. It is in an valley that cannot be landed in. It is obviously quite large and certainly looks manmade. There are no roads going to it but are plenty of paths. It appears there is a tree farm just down the hill that looks like in this picture that older trees had been moved, perhaps to disguise the object? Note how large the object looks when zooming out. There is definitely some scaling distortion in this area as well. Probably due to the angle of the picture taken.

If this were a large building, it would have paved roads going to it. If it were a natural rock formation, there would likely be pictures of it as it looks as it would be awesome. Not google earth also does not show the 3d Dimension of it, yet it is clearly casting a large shadow.

Probably not some ancient pyramid but it is definitely something. Interesting that google searches on area sites usually point to separate locations in china or mention government projects in the area. One project was called "Convert agricultural field to forest and grassland". Why would you get rid of fields that in habit people to create an environment that would keep farmers out?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

One of a lot of sites that report the scientific proofs...
Take a look:

www.bosnian-pyramid.net...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Indonesia is a big country with so many phenomenal ancient findings. The mountain discussed here named mount Sadahurip and this is just one of those uncovered Indonesian mysteries including mount Lalakon, and the one near mount Salak. Also mentioned Hindu temples that are bigger than borobudur found such as Candi Ciapus and Kajngkoso (this one is near mount Merapi). Theres another one named mount Padang still in west java. I went to Majapahit kingdom a couple months ago and talked to locals. They said every meter you dig down the ground you will find something. Its very interesting. I will try to post some photos I got from couple of links. Sorry theres one with ad. Don't know how to get those out.

The above link contains photo of mount Lalakon

cherryworlds.blogspot.com...

The above link contains photo of a mountain near gunung salak with Ciapus temple inside.

cianjurkab.go.id... (mount padang temple)

www.cianjurcybercity.com...

The above photo is mount padang temple in 3D

We never know the truth behind all these. We just wait and see.

edit on 12-3-2011 by adibagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

But the way the pyramid looks now it suggests that it has either recently been shaped that way for farming or has not changed for thousands of years or whatever?

I mean, rain and all that would not leave it so perfectly untouched? All the lines and levels are clearly distinguished.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by adibagus

Wow nice photos and links! Welcome to ATS by the way, fellow Indonesian. That "mount padang" alone is a thread worth by itself, so get your 20 posts and make a thread bout it please
, to help me show the world of what stuff Indo is made of
edit on 12-3-2011 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Saw this story recently and I then saw you had did a post on the object last year. Good Job. Here is an "update". Enjoy:

Indonesia "Pyramid" built by 2,000 people
archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

There is strong evidence that the Bosnian pyramids are real. I understand that if Archeologists would say it was real they would possibly lose research funding because it would pull tourist dollars from other countries. If it would have been found in Greece or Italy it would have been considered real. I consider the discipline of the sciences and motives for the articles existence when I evaluate articles that people write. If you are blind to possible motive you're judgement can be compromised. Study the evidence not the translations of the evidence.

edit on 24-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by LiveForever8

There is strong evidence that the Bosnian pyramids are real. I understand that if Archeologists would say it was real they would possibly lose research funding because it would pull tourist dollars from other countries. If it would have been found in Greece or Italy it would have been considered real. I consider the discipline of the sciences and motives for the articles existence when I evaluate articles that people write. If you are blind to possible motive you're judgement can be compromised. Study the evidence not the translations of the evidence.

edit on 24-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

They are completely fake based on the evidence provided (they are natural hills). It is being promoted as a tourist location and is essentally a scam by a non-scientist and his local supporters
edit on 27/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

So it's nice to meet someone who has been there personally as you have. I know you must have been there and seen them yourself to make such a strong statement. I have met three people that have been there and all them know they were some sort of pyramid from looking at them with their own eyes, but they must be disillusioned I guess. I am going to go there someday, to an area where it is cheap to vacation and the people are friendly to see for myself, beats going to that certified real pyramid with their expensive restaurants and motels. I guess I'm just thrifty with my money.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Hanslune

So it's nice to meet someone who has been there personally as you have. I know you must have been there and seen them yourself to make such a strong statement. I have met three people that have been there and all them know they were some sort of pyramid from looking at them with their own eyes, but they must be disillusioned I guess. I am going to go there someday, to an area where it is cheap to vacation and the people are friendly to see for myself, beats going to that certified real pyramid with their expensive restaurants and motels. I guess I'm just thrifty with my money.

No I haven't been there, I know how to read, I would suggest it

You will find this reading list at the summary of the Bosnian debacle at Wiki

1.^ a b c Colin Woodard, December 2009, "The Pyramid Man", Smithsonian 40:9
2.^ Pyramid No More, Sub Rosa, Issue 6, Oct 2006.
3.^ a b The great Bosnian pyramid scheme by Anthony Harding, British Archaeology November/December 2006
4.^ John Bohannon, Mad About Pyramids, Science Magazine, 22 September 2006.
5.^ Declaration from the European Association of Archaeologists, 11 Dec 2006
6.^ Australian in Bosnia pyramid riddle, Sydney Morning Herald, 20 January 2006
7.^ a b Mark Rose, Bosnian "Pyramids" Update, Archaeology Magazine Online, 14 June 2006
8.^ Osmanagic: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Candidate for “Mother” of all Pyramids, FENA News, 20 April 2005
9.^ a b Osmanagić, Semir (July 2006). "Energijsko središče sveta? [The energy center of the world]" (in Slovenian). Misteriji. pp. 5. Archived from the original on 2009-05-08. Retrieved 2009-11-20. "Mi razbijamo negativni energijski oblak. To mora biti narejeno pred letom 2012, da bi lahko sprejeli zgodovinski vpliv vesoljne energije iz koz- mičnega centra naše galaksi- je."
10.^ 5-year Plan of Research on Visoko’s Visocica 1 Jan 2006 – 31 Dec 2010, Archaeological Park: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Foundation. Accessed 13 July 2006.
11.^ Major victory in bid to uncover potential remains of a lost civilisation, Balkans Business News, 19 January 2012
12.^ Nick Hawton, Indiana Jones of the Balkans and the mystery of a hidden pyramid, Times Online, 15 April 2006
13.^ Rose, Mark. "The Bosnia-Atlantis Connection". Archaeology Magazine Online. URL accessed 2006-04-29.
14.^ Lucian Harris, Amateur to dig on site of medieval capital in search of Bosnia's own Valley of the Kings, The Art Newspaper, 15 April 2006
15.^ Archaeologists find medieval artefacts on Mt. Visocica, disparage pyramid seeker[1]
16.^ Anthony Harding, Bosnia's rich heritage, Times Online, 25 April 2006
17.^ "Vrabac: Visočica je prirodna geološka tvorevina" (in Bosnian). FEMA News Agency. 2006-05-08.
18.^ a b Sejfudin Vrabac et al. (2006-04-17). "Izvještaj o geološkim istraživanjima Visočice kod Visokog" (in Bosnian). Mining, Geology and Civil Engineering Faculty of University of Tuzla.
19.^ Bosnian 'pyramid' created by nature, say European experts, Yahoo! AFP, June 9, 2006.
20.^ Letter to Archaeology Magazine (PDF)
21.^ Aida Cerkez-Robinson British Expert Nixes Bosnia Pyramid Claim, ABC News
22.^ At last, Dr. Barakat’s report, 8 May 2006
23.^ The Bosnian Pyramid Phenomenon, The New Archaeology Review vol 1.8, pp 16-17, September 2006
24.^ Articles by Dr. Schoch & Dr. Dowell
25.^ "Dr. Swelim: Bosnian Pyramid Of The Sun Is The World’S Largest". July 2007. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
26.^ Swelim, Nabil (2007-09-17). "The pyramid hills". Archeology. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
27.^ Swelim, Nabil Mohamed Abdel. "VISOCICA ON THE BALANCE". Retrieved 19 March 2011.

Bosnian scam

We are going off the topic of this thread. If you want to debate this resurrect an old Bosnian pyramid thread or create another, thanks
edit on 27/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by afaram

seriously?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join