It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Figure in My Picture?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Alright ladies and gentlemen of ATS, I was browsing through pictures my friend had taken during our stay in Vegas last year. We stayed in Circus Circus, and this picture was taken in our hotel room, in front of the mirror in the bathroom. I had quickly skimmed through the pictures before, but never did I notice the odd, dark shape that is behind my friend (who is in the pink jacket). My fiancee brushed it off as some kind of shadow/reflection from the mirror, but it just seems really dark to me, and his explanation didn't really make sense to me. And it seems like its blurry (as in it's moving), when both of us are perfectly still. There wasn't anything hanging on the wall or anything like that, and it has an odd shape. Just wondering if any of you had any reasonable explanations, (I don't know much about photography). She took it with her digital cam, I don't know what kind it is. The image is not messed with in any way, other than me putting a black box over our faces for anonymity (which I did on MS paint). Oh, and there was no one else in the room but us.Just looking for a reasonable, scientific explanation. This pic gives me the heebie jeebs.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
if its real its awesome.

i never saw a ghost, but i heard a ghost run across a hallway once. how can an energy being 'stomp' and 'run' across a hardwood floor enough to make noise!?!

if its real, just be lucky you got out of there without meeting them.
edit on 9-3-2011 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by State of Mind

It also looks like it appears in a mirror in the background over the lady in pinks right shoulder.

If one of you guys could blow that part up somehow that would be cool...

One thing tho. I'm not sure how the whole picture shop stuff goes as its really not my thing but from reading the other posts here from what I can tell yo putting those black boxes over your friends faces is not gonna help your case of authenticity because when some one pulls up all the details of that photo its going to show its been shopped. Please excuse a poor explanation on the above. That's the best I got as I said its not my thing.

edit on 9-3-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: Man i want a pizza

edit on 9-3-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: Didnt get that pizza yet...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
it looks more like a woman came into a public bathroom behind you and you simply didnt realise and remember.

i can see a public hand drier and safety warning on the wall
are YOU sure this was in your private room bathroom.

how could your BF not see a great big person walking behind you in the picture.

its FAR more likely that as i suspect, public bathroom and you didnt notice.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
you were in vegas,what happens in vegas stays in vegas!!!!! cool pic

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by State of Mind

Circus Circus?...what a great room service, includes your own "ghost bathroom valet", no extra charge??

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
That picture totally creeps me out. You can see it reflected in the mirrors behind you too.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Looks almost like a cartoon must be because the body proportions look slightly off.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bradk71
you were in vegas,what happens in vegas stays in vegas!!!!! cool pic

Hopefully.
Wouldn't want that thing coming home with me.

My semi-professional opinion is that it's not photoshop and the OP is straight-up sharing an anomaly whatever explanation it might have. Better than most of the pics shared here as far as freakiness value.

If there are ghosts anywhere, Las Vegas would surely have more than it's fair share.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I agree with oka, it looks more like a public bathroom, rather then a private room bathroom. Can you be sure of the location. sometime we loose our selves in Vegas, we all have done it. (Hope you guys had Fun).
I know sometimes taking a picture off a mirror, the camera will get confussed because it is a double image. So if someone came in at just the right time, (while you were taking the picture) and walk in front of the mirror, the camera may have been not able to process the correct image, or the whole image.

Having said that, if you are sure that this shot was taken in your room , and you are sure no one else was there with you at the time, it does make this shot very interesting. It looks that you may have caught a Shadow Person. It is not uncommon for places of great popularity to have hauntings. We do alot of investigations in Hotels, Motels, Brothels, ect. These places almost always have activity. I have done interveiws with some people who claim Disneyland is haunted, (not just the Haunted Mansion either). and Las Vegas is an adult disneyland.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Iv lightened the area... the shadow and the object in what appears to be a mirror, and was a little shocked to find a face peering at the camera...
(the exif data has been stripped from the jpg, but we knew that already)

magnified the 'face' a little...

edit on 9-3-2011 by doorhand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by doorhand

Ugh, I hate the pixels of digital cameras. The magnification definitely shows a face but I can't tell if it the shape itself or a byproduct of the zoom in is causing the pixels to appear that way.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Theres a chance the 'face' in the mirror is a reflection of one of the girls in the picture (does she look like you OP?) There are a lot of mirrirs in that room. The shadow however, i dunno.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Real or not.. the face in the mirror creeped me out beyond belief! No more scary pictures for me today.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The side mirror is on a different wall from the back mirrors. If it's a reflection that close up of a girls face where is coming from? It isn't coming from the shadow figure, not at that angle.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The side mirror with the face has to be a person standing behind the girl in pink, facing towards the weird moving object. You can tell it's a single reflection from the side mirror. Very creepy.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Look between the camera and the the black block on the girl in pink, you can see the apparitions reflection there.

The dark image in the side mirror is definitely not the reflection of the main apparition.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Toadmund because: add girl in pink

edit on 9-3-2011 by Toadmund because: definately

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
im not sure if the relection of the 'shodow person' tallys with the one in the foreground, aside from completely different focus and shape, surely its in the wrong place.
interesting photo though. but would be easy to shop + no exif. i'm not buying this.

edit:also , ive never been to vegas, but im prety sure thats a public bathroom, not a hotel bathroom.

edit on 9-3-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
who is the woman walking behind you?

why is she in your private bathroom?

next, look at the angles, it is either the girl you are with (not wearing pink) or someone else in there with you.

its "face" looks to me like reflection of light off hair and pixellation.

rule out the likely causes, and whatever remains, however unlikely, is the cause.

a ghost is FAR less likely than .. you guys.. public bathroom, multiple mirror reflections. but we cant rule those things out yet.
edit on 9-3-2011 by okamitengu because: typo heaven

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If the details about this picture are indeed correct, than it is amazing! I have never been there so I don't know the layout of the rooms. I don't think anything with the camera would cause this. The face in the mirror is terrific!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join