It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts don't exist! Why bother...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355
This is not my belief, but it appears to be the belief of many who frequent this site!

So u have a story, a crazy experience u'd like to share... Where better to share it then a site dedicated to the paranormal, a site dedicated to free speach?

According to many u need a boat load of physical evidence to share ur story or u just get ridiculed and made fun of.

Well here it is, you cannot prove ghosts exist!!! That's a fact, there will always be skeptics, they will always scrutinize any and all evidence. So if somebody on ats wants to tell a story, a personal experience... Allow them to do so, love it or hate it... U were not there!

If anybody could prove the existence of the paranormal... They wouldn't post it on above top secret, they would tell James Randi! The man who challenges anybody to prove anything paranormal in exchange for 1 million dollars!!!!

Source
www.skepdic.com...

So I emplore any and all who read this to accept the fact that this site is a place to share experiences, u r not an expert or an authority on anything paranormal because technically there is no such thing as an expert in such fields... All the rules are made up, we don't care if u believe us!!! We just want to share our experiences.

If u have a good or bad day, you don't share it for validation from ur audience whether ur day was truly good or bad, u share it because u want to and because u like hearing how other peoples days were!!!

Thank you...

PEOPLE PLEASE READ!!!

The title of a thread, much like a news paper "title" is to engage interest in a topic...

U r supposed to read the article! I BELIEVE IN GHOSTS, I'm sick of people slandering stories for lack of evidence!
edit on 9-3-2011 by sparda4355 because: People don't read

Very refreshing! I also believe in the paranormal and I am interested in other people's experiences. You made an awesome point about if something happened to a person, who has no prove, they would want to share it. Thank you Sparda4355!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Quest11

Thank you, I'm glad somebody got my point!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I believe the thing your saying is kind of pointless to say. Some people need recognition that ghosts exist so they can believe they aren't crazy or vice versa.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Skepticism's important, but alot of the time, it seems like people get nasty about it, or just go skeptic for skepticisms sake.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
People are set in their ways and are very reluctant to change.

My parents described ghosts as something fictional akin to Santa and that they simply did not exist.

I began to not believe everything my parents said when I began building crystal radios as a kid and my parents couldn't explain why/how they worked.....with no external power source such as batteries or solar panels.

I have always said that here at ATS we aren't here to PROVE anything but to share our experiences.

That is the beauty of the Internet is that people from all over the world can come together and share..

People who ridicule are just being inconsiderate.

But Is seeing indeed really believing ?

You cannot see the air in which you breath but it doesn't mean that it necessarily doesn't exist !

i feel that the same applies to ghosts especially since they are comprised of electrical energy.

We now know that we can find measurable evidence of their presence by the use of EMF detectors and other electronic measuring devices.

Disproving the Carbon Monoxide induced hallucinations theory !

All in all though, If someone wants or needs proof then they should do it themselves. Because as a skeptic, that's the only way in which they'll believe it anyway !!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Thank you for understanding my post and for the well thought out reply, I appreciate the response and couldn't agree more!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join