It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire GOP vs. Voting Rights of College Students

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Throwback

What about a bunch of people jumping on greyhound buses and trains? If I would have known there was this kind of BS loophole in voting, I woulda voted RP in like 5 different states lmao.

I am sorry but who was caught voting for president in 5 different states?
I think I missed that.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

There isn't.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is just another "crisis" being perpetuated by the Republican party in order to enact some draconian legislature. If you can't see that then you are blind. If you want to see voter fraud look at Bush v. Gore.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Getreadyalready,
While I agree with you that all "ages of consent" should be consistent throughout the list of freedoms that you're "granted", we should put more responsibility on the school systems and parents of these kids in college and at 18 years old. The school systems never include in their curriculum an extensive lesson on political systems etc. They give you overviews and mock votes etc. They make it a game when in reality it's serious stuff. When I was in high school I had a teacher that was very pro-democracy and he drilled politics, current events, government processes into our heads so much that at 16 or 17 years old I feel that I knew more about the political system than most who operate within the confines of the senate. My parents barely ever spoke politics in the house until I was about 19 which I think is not cool. Parents should teach their kids about the voting process, political parties and systems along with changes in our freedoms on an everyday basis while not impressing their views on the kids.
If I'm considered an adult at 18 and have to be responsible for myself by paying taxes, having a job, fighting for my country or taking care of a family then I should have the right to vote, as the candidate voted in affects my everyday life. Regardless of whether or not I'm "responsible" enough to vote. Heck I think half the population in the country isn't responsible to vote but you don't see me vying for the stripping away of their rights.

<< 1  2   >>

join