It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Biggest Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hey ATSers,

I feel the need to voice my opinion(s) and concerns. Perhaps ATS is not the place to do this but I'm going to do so regardless. I'm in my mid-thirties, I've worked my ass off since the age of 16, I pay my debts, and I pay my taxes. I am a middle class American and I am sickened when I see where this great nation is heading.
Allow me to vent -- rant about issues that are affecting us all. It is quite obvious the problems America has are far too vast for a single thread. I am going to rant about the issues that will cause this country to fail if left unchecked. My hopes in writing this thread is to open a discussion so that I may learn from some of you and vice-versa. I do not "know-it-all" but one thing is certain on ATS, if I am wrong it won't take long for some member to correct me

(1) The single biggest problem in America right now is apathy/lethargy. It is disgusting to look at the number of Americans that actually show up and vote to elect a President. It is unbelievable how short everyone's memory seems to be. How people are so easily swayed by the media. I do not understand how people just don't care about what their Congressional representatives are voting on. How is any member of the US Congress that voted "for" the Patriot Act is still in office? How have we allowed a private bank (The Federal Reserve) to have full control over our money? Everyone seems to just throw their hands up and say, "it's just the way it is." Nearly all of the major problems of this country could be solved if everyone wakes up and demands real change. Boycott deceptive media. Vote out these worthless politicians that have sold us out. Quit being a victim and voice YOUR opinion. Vote!

(2) Separation of Church and State. I am not talking about getting rid of "In God We Trust." I'm talking about the Church that we all attend. I'm talking about the deity we have all come to worship...MONEY. I cannot believe we tolerate ANY politician that would put a corporations profits over the people. This government was supposed to be "By the people for the people," not "Buy the Politicians for "Big-Business."" Yet we have people like Meg Whitman who was willing to spend $120 Million of her own money to get a job that pays $175,000 a year. I'm sure some of you will argue that she was willing to spend $120M, of her own cash, to make California a better place. What I am getting at is, corporate interests are being put in front of the interests of the people and the US Constitution.

(3)The Federal Reserve Act. I consider this the single greatest FAIL in US history. This event is responsible for our money being nearly worthless. It is the reason you pay taxes on your wages and the sole destination your income tax dollars go to. The reason a middle-class family needs a duel income to get by, and their children are raised by Xbox, Prozac, and microwave dinners. The American People have been sucked dry by this private bank. They have destroyed our precious dollar while we consumed more important headlines. "Lohan, Hilton, Cocaine, Crazy!" This country is going to collapse if we do not take control of our own currency. I'm not saying that going back to the Gold Standard is the answer, there isn't enough gold on Earth to account for the dollars in circulation. We had better take action soon before we are all using the Yuan to pay for our Big Mac's.

(4) Entitlements. I do not understand how we have turned into a society that rewards laziness and under achievement. When did we start believing that the government and the US taxpayers will be responsible for everybody's mistakes and misfortunes. Can you imagine where this country would be if we had this mentality during the great depression. If all those people who lost everything just went on welfare instead of doing "all the immigrant jobs that no one wanted to do." If this country falls into another "Great Depression" we are in serious trouble. Everyone will just go on Welfare and Food stamps until the Fed pulls us out of it, right?

Please start speaking up! Quit voting for Dems and GOPs if they continue to do what's wrong. Quit listening to Fox Entertainment telling you which candidates are "electable." Be a leader with your vote. Let's get rid of these politicians who have no regard for the US Constitution and who are breaking their Oath to us, The People.

Senators and Representatives Oath taken at the start of each new Conrgress.

do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

The POTUS Oath

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

The US Constitution is not meant to be undermined or usurped by lawmakers, bankers, CEOs, or greedy politicians. Please hold our politicains to the Oaths they have taken.

Thank you,

QD

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It does my heart good to see a thread from someone who is paying attention to what is going on in the U.S. and cares about it!

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple
Quit being a victim and voice YOUR opinion. Vote!

According to my research, voting doesn't do us any good anymore because our system is so corrupt that generally speaking, honest candidates can't even get on the ballot. There is also fraud in electronic voting. The software is controlled by private corporations rather than the government.

What I am getting at is, corporate interests are being put in front of the interests of the people and the US Constitution.

Yes, they are. Over time, the corporations have taken over our government. They write our legislation and the Congress rubber-stamps what is handed to them. The health care bill was written by the insurance industry for the insurance industry. We have government of, by and for the corporations.

I'm not saying that going back to the Gold Standard is the answer, there isn't enough gold on Earth to account for the dollars in circulation.

I agree with this.

I am an advocate of Ellen Brown's initiative to have public banking. We need a system that will put Main Street back in business. I started a thread on this: "New Organization Is Formed to Promote Public Banking."

(4) Entitlements. I do not understand how we have turned into a society that rewards laziness and under achievement.

I disagree with you here. We need a safety net and entitlements are not the problem in this country.

Massive spending on immoral wars and empire building, along with the destruction of our manufacturing base and our economy is the problem.

The U.S. is being destroyed by design. International bankers want a New World Order with them running the planet from the U.N. They can't have their New World Order with a strong U.S.

Things are so bad and are going to continue to get worse unless we have a revolution in the U.S. - a peaceful one - whereby more people wake up to the mess we're in like you have and decide that we're going to take back our country.

I am of the opinion that taking control of our money is the answer and I hope members will support public banking. I think that if we could get public banking, the powers that be would lose their control over us.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The biggest problem with America is the number of Americans who are too apathetic to vote for what they believe in.

The brainwashed masses believe that they only have two choices for major offices (when in reality, either choice is voting for more of the same...while there are many other candidates on the ballot).

The concept of a "wasted" vote is out there, and that is just plain insane. No vote is "wasted", each vote is an opinion that matters.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I know I am getting tired of people poping out kids they can't take care of. There is a pre school across the street from my house. Right across the street but I have to take my child across town because it is for low income only and those parents drive newer cars than I do.

No wonder this country is falling apart.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I agree with the essence of your rant, but I think the conclusion of apathy is a misunderstanding of what's really going on. The people I know aren't apathetic, they are simply unaware.

Many people on this site talk about how the masses are being deceived by mainstream news. I would counter that many people of the masses are not even watching the news, outside of anything celebrity-related.

I think that the #1 problem with our country is selfishness. We've been BSed by the moneymakers that we deserve the best because we're worth it. A major marketing method is to focus on the importance of "you". We're here to serve you. We'll give your instant gratification even faster than the other guy. Put your feet up, and let us entertain you. We'll kiss your a** better than our competition.

We're in a perpetual state of distraction by a million smaller messages sending us one big message: the way to happiness is selfishness.

Only, people know deep down that this is a lie, don't they? That's why so many of us need to be put on medication for depression; because they're NOT really happy. Which is still just another way for us to be pre-occupied with personal happiness.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

Some pretty astute observations...

new topics

top topics

join