It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to recall blocked memories?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well in the summer I witnessed an alien space craft, however there is great detail missing about what happaned, and there appears to be missing time. My two friends i were with can barely remember anything about what we saw, and so can i. Does anyone know any way, i can attempt to recall these blocked memories?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
try hypnotheropy and ask for it to be recorded

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It can take a long time to remember , but I would not try to force it.I also would not recommend hypnosis , but that is just my opinion. I believe you will remember when you are ready to .

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
try hypnotheropy and ask for it to be recorded

Already thought of doing that, money has been a little tight at the moment though

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Tripping in a shamanic would should also help

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
as someone who is holding suppressed memories i would recommend you stay clear of hypnosis as this can be more dangerous than you think for your mental health... just wait for them to come naturally... even meditation can be bad for the wrong people (as told to me by a psychologist)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yeah.. hypnosis can be bad for some.
I think about that movie Taken, on how some one would react twards them selves after hypnosis. Too much to fast can shock you. ( just for thought )

Edit to add/change
edit on 8-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add/change

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Any discussion of the use or recommendation of the use of illegal substances is a direct violation of the Terms and Conditions and could cause you to lose your posting privileges.

You agreed to those conditions on joining ATS; please abide by them.

Semper
ATS Member and Super Moderator

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Allow them to come naturally. There may be no mystery to what happened, due to the naturally faulty nature of human memory and perception. The missing time may not be missing time, but a misunderstanding of what time it actually was when the encounter began. We lose track of time frequently and you may be conflating it without cause to the UFO event.

Hypnosis is not a tool for memory recall. If you go into hypnosis already convinced that something strange happened, then you will "remember" something strange happening, not because anything actually did but because hypnosis can create false memories that are indistinguishable from real ones.
edit on 8-3-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaia.chi.au
as someone who is holding suppressed memories i would recommend you stay clear of hypnosis as this can be more dangerous than you think for your mental health... just wait for them to come naturally... even meditation can be bad for the wrong people (as told to me by a psychologist)

OMG you are SOOOO safe aren't you??....and lol did it not occur to you that psychologist might want business for himself?
I personally think psychology is very dangerous! VERY---because the behaviorst school tries to claim your a machine.
edit on 8-3-2011 by zimishey because: added

However. I found this article www.psychologytoday.com... Where its also said how some police forces use hypnosis to help people remember events to do with a crime.

I am just wondering where all this ANTI hypnosis scare I have read at ATS is coming from? I mean---how is one to access missing time. It really does worry people and they want help with it. So....?
edit on 8-3-2011 by zimishey because: added more info

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zimishey
I am just wondering where all this ANTI hypnosis scare I have read at ATS is coming from? I mean---how is one to access missing time. It really does worry people and they want help with it. So....?

Here's what Dr. Scott Lilienfeld, professor of psychology has to say about retrieving "blocked memories" thru hypnosis. In short: it's baloney.

www.cyberears.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You can get it free. Try Mufon or other UFO sites and they'll appreciate getting the info out of you for their records. Theyve been know to provide hypnotherapy and counseling. You can try to convince them what happened to you is valid. I did have a situation like yours once, and was interviewed free.

I wont comment on the regression, because these things are not taken literally or lightly by those who dont believe, and I hate having to defend myself with those who just want to argue. Contact one of sites...they will direct you. Good luck

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Actually "suppressed memories" is a myth. It's been recently proven by psychologists that it's a complete fabrication. When you undergo "hypnotherapy" (the word is a contradiction in itself) it seems you're half dreaming, so you're very susceptible to imagining things.

Basically, it's theoretically impossible to suppress a memory. If we can't do it, aliens can't either.

www.gather.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So you think you remember everything in your life...? Not clear. I just dont think you people are hip to what consiousness research has found out. That you very much can suppress memories--especially traumatic memories, and that in various forms of therapy where the client is induced to remember difficult memories there is profound healing.

A person abused as a child will often suppress certain details to do with the trauma--same with rape victims, and people with PTSD. They for example will often get stuck in remembering events in a cenrtain way and forget other events. Therapy intelligently given can help them remember a more subtle wholistic memory.

Back to abductees--people who report missing time. IF you come along with your oppressive theories that it is 'IMPOSSIBLE to forget anything'--how the heck do you think that is going to help them. You are pretending you know, and you dont. I am telling you that science does not know what consciousness is, nor what matter is--so how can you make out you KNOW what you are talking about??

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Psychedelics, if you're into that type of thing.
The spirit molecule is best suited for this purpose (the molecule that gets released in your head when you dream). Hmm, maybe you can try lucid dreaming?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You can try any of the binaural beats /monoaural beats CD's out there. You will need stereo headphones to listen. They sychronize the left and right hemisphere on the brain and usually will help greatly with memory. These also work really well for anyone suffering from mild to moderate depression. (without the nasty side effects like thoughts of suicide that pills can have.)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Find some photo's of the time period - I find it always gets my memories flowing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join