It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former WWE wrestler arrested for... crossing the street?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
www.tmz.com...
Here is a video, you can hear witnesses saying he didn't do anything.

Racial profiling?

"Former WWE talent Shad Gaspard was arrested Saturday in Columbus, Ohio. His wife claims he was arrested for 'crossing the street'.

She wrote on Twitter:

"This is Shad's wife everyone. I want to address the rumors that are going on around the Internet right now about Shad's arrest. He was indeed arrested today, in Columbus. No use denying it. But Shad did nothing wrong, he was trying to attend the Arnold Classic, and can you guys believe that the Columbus police department has nothing better to do than arrest him for crossing the street????!! That's what they got him for "pedestrian in roadway" I think we should all stand up and be heard! Too many cops abusing their authority!! Apparently they even decided that it was necessary to tackle him.... I am very disappointed in those who "serve and protect" right now."

She later added that Gaspard's bail has been posted and a lawyer has been hired. She noted that footage of Gaspard 'being mistreated and arrested for nothing' will be surface online today."

-------------------------------------------
TMZ has posted video of Shad Gaspard's arrest from this weekend in Ohio. MMA fighter Josh Barnett shot the footage, which begins just after Gaspard was taken to the ground. Shad can be heard saying, "Why am I being arrested? Because I'm big and I'm black?" One of the officers claims that he was resisting arrest. Witness even say to the camera that they did not see Shad do anything wrong. Shad feels that he is the victim of racial profiling, and that he will fight this.

"I don't know exactly what to do yet, but I will fight this as much as possible. I'm not doing it for the money, I have the means, I'm doing this so cops don't think they can do this to someone else ... it's not right."

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
www.tmz.com...
Here is a video, you can hear witnesses saying he didn't do anything.

Racial profiling?

"Former WWE talent Shad Gaspard was arrested Saturday in Columbus, Ohio. His wife claims he was arrested for 'crossing the street'.

She wrote on Twitter:

"This is Shad's wife everyone. I want to address the rumors that are going on around the Internet right now about Shad's arrest. He was indeed arrested today, in Columbus. No use denying it. But Shad did nothing wrong, he was trying to attend the Arnold Classic, and can you guys believe that the Columbus police department has nothing better to do than arrest him for crossing the street????!! That's what they got him for "pedestrian in roadway" I think we should all stand up and be heard! Too many cops abusing their authority!! Apparently they even decided that it was necessary to tackle him.... I am very disappointed in those who "serve and protect" right now."

She later added that Gaspard's bail has been posted and a lawyer has been hired. She noted that footage of Gaspard 'being mistreated and arrested for nothing' will be surface online today."

-------------------------------------------
TMZ has posted video of Shad Gaspard's arrest from this weekend in Ohio. MMA fighter Josh Barnett shot the footage, which begins just after Gaspard was taken to the ground. Shad can be heard saying, "Why am I being arrested? Because I'm big and I'm black?" One of the officers claims that he was resisting arrest. Witness even say to the camera that they did not see Shad do anything wrong. Shad feels that he is the victim of racial profiling, and that he will fight this.

"I don't know exactly what to do yet, but I will fight this as much as possible. I'm not doing it for the money, I have the means, I'm doing this so cops don't think they can do this to someone else ... it's not right."

I think he might have done something earlier, and is being arrested now. That way others don't know he's done anything, and he can say he doesn't know why he's being arrested. I don't think he is just randomly being arrested for no reason--there has to be a reason. A criminal would lie saying he didn't do anything, an eyewitness to an arrest of a criminal after the crime is not going to know what he is being arrested for, and a wife could either lie, or not know.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not racial profiling, just another blatant attempt to infringe on a persons rights by our oh so glorious police state!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

cops can do no wrong, god bless our police state and all those who make it possible, directly and indirectly
edit on 3/7/11 by HenryPatrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Who on this board has not jaywalked before?

new topics

top topics

join