It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I live in South West michigan and about 8:15 Eastern time we were in the hot tub unwinding. I saw a bright light headed northwest to southeast about the same speed as a plane would travel. Really really bright white light . Couldn't really tell the altitude and it didn't do anything exciting just crossed overhead. I tried to find the ISS location but couldn't pin it on anything. It was just a bright white light that never dimmed. I could probably see it for a 30 degree arc because of the engine house. Definately not a plane. Just thought I would pass it along

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
How long u say this lasted for?

Thanx, VV6

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Heavy "fireball" possibilities over the last few (next few days) Do you think it was a meteorite? I just saw one of the "green fireballs" two nights ago, looked like it was traveling fast across the sky when it really was falling inward. Did is fade away? Fly out of view? Any recorded sightings of meteors in your area?

Edit: I did a quick check for reported meteorites/fireballs in Michigan over the last few days, came up empty.
edit on 7/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
I live in South West michigan and about 8:15 Eastern time we were in the hot tub unwinding. I saw a bright light headed northwest to southeast about the same speed as a plane would travel.

Can you explain why it couldn't of been a plane?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just a bright white light probably watched close to a minute. When I first noticed it I could see it through the trees and figured it was a plane with it's landing lights on but it was silent and the intensity never changed. Straght line. We have alot of planes go over and right behind it was a plane and they were the same speed. I don't think the plane was following because they were going slightly different directions.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

You have a hot tub???

(kidding....)....

Sure sounds a lot like a satellite, from your description. Remember, when up at orbital altitude even though it is past sunset where you are, the spacecraft can still be IN sunshine.

One other idea, since its the biggest thing up there, is the ISS...easy enough to check some of the online tracking websites for the Station.....but, those are just guesses, based on your description...without knowing direction, only you will be better able to figure that....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What part of Michigan are you? I'm in Jackson and we have some pretty cool activity around our airport here.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm jusr east of St Joe. I've seen many many satellites and iridum flares this was just a bright white light. Oh yeah it was 26 outside when we were in the tub. I'm thinking satellite or ISS but it sure was bright.

new topics

top topics

join