It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with this picture? Orb?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I was round my mates getting laggy the other day. Usual messy night in the UK. Was looking at the pictures on my facebook today and noticed this weird Orb like object next to my mates head. I'm the guy in the middle with an afro and my mate Damo on the left has the orb next to his head.

What makes it even more stranger to someone naive in this subject like me is the fact that me and my mate Damo are VERY spiritual. We have put ourselves in deep spiritual situations when sober and when doing things I am not allowed to mention on this site

Is there any explanation that is not spiritual for this photo?

I apologise for my naivety.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Im not really in a place to debunk anything being this is my 2nd post but to me it looks like some effect from the lighting wherever you are or something from the flash

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I've always believed in a lot of paranormal stuff, but I've never really found orbs much to be interested about - usually just a spec of dust or something. But that is actually amazing.. It has a glowing outline that is a small gap away from the main orb, and its completely transparent.. That is actually a really good orb

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
no no no... its vampires..

nah, its nothing special.. likely dust or something of the sort.. please feel free to search and see other examples..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wideawake20
Im not really in a place to debunk anything being this is my 2nd post but to me it looks like some effect from the lighting wherever you are or something from the flash

We took more pictures that day and didn't get anything like that. The only picture my mate Damo was in had that Orb.

Here are a couple more we took.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
No such thing as orbs! Thats all nonsense. They are just dust particles.
What you have on your picture is a lens flare...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techy
I've always believed in a lot of paranormal stuff, but I've never really found orbs much to be interested about - usually just a spec of dust or something. But that is actually amazing.. It has a glowing outline that is a small gap away from the main orb, and its completely transparent.. That is actually a really good orb

I have seen quite a few supposed Orbs on the internet and this one looks really strange compared to most.

Then again I am quite naive on the subject :p

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Every orb I've ever seen looks like dust, but that one definitely doesn't.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Im no expert in photography but this is clearly nothing more than lens flare. Ive seen it hundreds of times on pics...normally because its a cheap camera or camera phone.
You have got to expect distortions, lens flare, and other anomalies when using cheap cameras which use cheap sensors and cheap lenses.
Its not in the other pics because the lighting and angles are different........its not an orb....theres no such thing

They are usually dust particles being illuminated by the flash or IR light source. If they arent dust they are bugs, if they arent bugs they are something else of this world which causes it.
Theres a lot of money in the paranormal so its no wonder people badge these natural anomalies as paranormal....im sure someone with more photographic knowledge will come and explain exactly what this is in your pic...but me personally....no its not an orb its something to do with the camera used and the lighting.

Its funny that if you use a 1000gbp camera this doesnt happen half as much
Quality matters

EDIT: Note in the first pic with the "orb" everyone has red eye...clearly showing its to do with the camera itself
edit on 6-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Im no expert in photography but this is clearly nothing more than lens flare. Ive seen it hundreds of times on pics...normally because its a cheap camera or camera phone.
You have got to expect distortions, lens flare, and other anomalies when using cheap cameras which use cheap sensors and cheap lenses.
Its not in the other pics because the lighting and angles are different........its not an orb....theres no such thing

They are usually dust particles being illuminated by the flash or IR light source. If they arent dust they are bugs, if they arent bugs they are something else of this world which causes it.
Theres a lot of money in the paranormal so its no wonder people badge these natural anomalies as paranormal....im sure someone with more photographic knowledge will come and explain exactly what this is in your pic...but me personally....no its not an orb its something to do with the camera used and the lighting.

Its funny that if you use a 1000gbp camera this doesnt happen half as much
Quality matters

It was a 12 megapixel camera phone.

Dunno if that means anything.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
12 megapixel? That is actually very, very high quality.I have a proper digital camera that is something like 5 or 7 or something around that.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
ok i will flag this and once i get my a into g i will post photos from my 21st the other night it was compleet darkness and i was with about 5 other people and my mate was shuffling to some music outside a shed which one of my mums friends said is haunted she says she can see the man hanging now i am a believer and have come across some creepy unexplained stuff anyway lol( started rambling) back to the point i took two or three photos in a row and two of the three photos have orbs in them i will get around eventully cause just saying is not enough evidence hopefully in the next week i have to go to my friends to upload them..

anyway i believe it is an orb and it is energy built up of a ghost or spirit

edit to add that when i post the pic my camera is a fujifilm 5.1 megapixels
not that great but not too bad

edit on 6-3-2011 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2011 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techy
12 megapixel? That is actually very, very high quality.I have a proper digital camera that is something like 5 or 7 or something around that.

Its quite a new Android platform phone. Sony Erickson vivaz or something I think. Either way the Camera isn't horrible but the lighting in the room isn't perfect for picture taking.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
No such thing as orbs! Thats all nonsense. They are just dust particles.
What you have on your picture is a lens flare...

I 2nd that motion it could have just been something passing by at the time of picture dust or whatever

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Techy

Yea thats a pretty good phone you have there dude
But the problem is....the sensors in the phone arent like sensors found in an equivalent high spec camera.

Canon EOS 60D digital SLR are nearly 1000 British pounds and they are 19 megapixel....your not really paying for the number of pixels, your paying for all the high end sensors and quality lens. A camera is designed for one job, whereas phones are designed to be multi purpose....internet, email, phone, camera, gps etc.

The phones would have to be a lot larger and a lot more expensive to house quality parts as used in these canon cameras

top topics

join