It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magtetospere's constant bombardment 3-5-2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
We've been getting blasted for days now. WTF? over
www2.nict.go.jp...

3-3-11

3-4-11

Far North Pole shaken by moderate quake

The peculiar nature of the location of this quake leads us to conclude that since the magnetic north pole is now racing towards Russia and the Earth has been under constant bombardment from the rabid sheer of the solar winds over the last 48 hours

www.scienceforums.net...

And there's more to come!

BIG SUNSPOTS: Sunspots 1164 and 1166 are so large, people are noticing them at sunrise and sunset when the sun is dimmed by clouds and haze

AURORA WATCH: A coronal mass ejection (CME) is en route to Earth, due to arrive on March 6th. The CME is slow-moving and not especially massive.

www.spaceweather.com...

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Stereo 3-5-11

How long can our force field take it??

And we also know that this takes a toll on moon as it is travelling opposite of the earth or sun?? Crap it's starting to
hurt.

www.ramzysblog.com...

Last but not least here's a conspiracy link to HAARP;

Bernard J. Eastlund's U.S. Patent # 4,686,605, "Method and Apparatus for Altering a Region in the Earth's Atmosphere, Ionosphere; and/or Magnetosphere," was sealed for a year under a government Secrecy Order.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Maybe they wanted to test HAARP during a long period of pressure on the magnetospere??

edit on 5-3-2011 by 5 oClock because: Just what it says, Edit!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock

How long can our force field take it??

It's been taking it for 4.5 billion years, and can take it for 4.5 billion more. In fact, the magnetosphere will take whatever the sun throws at it for however long the Earth and/or the sun exist.
The magnetosphere isn't like the force field on Star Trek... it doesn't weaken with every successive hit. The magnetosphere is sustained by the fluid dynamics at the core of the Earth, which the sun has no significant affect on.

However, a strong enough CME can certainly force its way through the Earth's magnetosphere. Still, though, this does not weaken the field in any way.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

In fact, the magnetosphere will take whatever the sun throws at it
Fact huh!
Come on man, do you really belive the magnetosphere, Earth or the solar system for that matter can take whatever the sun can dish out?? She's a big bag Mama.

Once I read this, I knew you needed to learn more. No offense I'm learning every day.

The magnetosphere is sustained by the fluid dynamics at the core of the Earth, which the sun has no significant affect on.

We knew by the 1890s, from the Earth's response to the gravity of the Sun and Moon, that the planet has a dense core, probably iron. In 1906 Richard Dixon Oldham found that earthquake waves move through the Earth's center much slower than through the mantle around it—because the center is liquid.

]
geology.about.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

Greetings 5 oClock:

I have been observing the magnetosphere for over two years now, and have to agree, that the present M class flare disruption has lasted much longer than anticipated. And have been wondering when this would start to subside.

In observing USGS. I have also noticed that unusual areas have had seismic activity. The North Pole and most notably, to me, in the Atlantic, and Pacific fault areas, to include a couple in the Easter Island region.

Excellent Thread. Thank You for the information. I will be reading it all thoroughly.

In Love Light and Wisdom
trinity369

And a flag for you!
edit on 5-3-2011 by trinity369 because: This information is important enough for a flag.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
reply to post by CLPrime

In fact, the magnetosphere will take whatever the sun throws at it
Fact huh!
Come on man, do you really belive the magnetosphere, Earth or the solar system for that matter can take whatever the sun can dish out?? She's a big bag Mama.

I do. The Earth has taken it for a long time. What can the sun do that it hasn't done in the last 4.5 billion years?
And, I believe I said after that that it is possible for particularly strong CMEs to overtake the magnetosphere. They don't damage it, though...to do that, they would have to affect the core of the Earth, which they don't.

Once I read this, I knew you needed to learn more. No offense I'm learning every day.

The magnetosphere is sustained by the fluid dynamics at the core of the Earth, which the sun has no significant affect on.

We knew by the 1890s, from the Earth's response to the gravity of the Sun and Moon, that the planet has a dense core, probably iron. In 1906 Richard Dixon Oldham found that earthquake waves move through the Earth's center much slower than through the mantle around it—because the center is liquid.

]
geology.about.com...

True, I do need to learn more, we all do, but not necessarily in this instance. Can you show me, if you don't mind, where that indicates that the sun has an affect on the Earth's Dynamo Effect? Because, I really don't believe that's what's being suggested by what you linked.
edit on 5-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by trinity369

Trinity,

Interesting times indeed, I just wanna see how long this is gonna keep up (or do I)

Time will tell.

PRESTO FROM SIDC - RWC BELGIUM Sat Mar 5 2011, 1230 UT

Solar activity is expected to be moderate but still with risks of C-class flares primarily from NOAA AR 1164 and 1166. An EUV wave occurred in the vicinity of AR 1164 on March 4th around 1700 UT.
Geomagnetic is expected to be predominantly quiet for the next 24 hours, with a slight risk of unsettled to isolated active levels by the end of March 6th, due to the possible arrival of the CME of March 3rd.

sidc.oma.be...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

We just had a satellite interruption (Dish Network) announcement on our TV. It stated that due to the Sun we are experiencing temporary interference, but our show should resume shortly.

That is the very 1st time I've ever seen that type of announcement!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The date is showing 11/03/04 on the Realtime Magnetosphere yet it's actually 7th march....

Odd

So where are the last few days?!

ETA: It seems to have fixed. Phew!

ETA-2: Sort of....
Ach sod it.....

edit on 6-3-2011 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2011 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

I've been going on NICT for about 3 yrs. now & never have I seen a "glitch" like that. Good catch, it's still showing 11-3-07

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The date on it is yy/mm/dd so it's showing the right date now but all the other information is missing like the 'Plasma Temperature and Density at Geostationary Orbit and AE Index'.

Probably just a site problem so will be interesting to see if the Recent images list gets updated with the missing pictures at least.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah my bad, i saw the 4th and then refreshed, jumped the gun.

Seems like more info. is trickling back on line.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
oh my! that is the first time I've actually seen the shield looking so weak. It's peeled right back at the moment.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Greetings everyone:

I'm with you guys. In two years plus I have never seen USGS reset to zero info. I noticed it myself about an hour ago. However I've been gone all day and was playing catch up on the new posts.

Buy the way did anyone else notice that SOHO LASCO 3 was down about a week ago, and when it came back it was all strange looking and such. Now its back to normal, since I think yesterday. I though that was weird, and now this.

In Love Light and Wisdom
trinity369

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

We just had a satellite interruption (Dish Network) announcement on our TV. It stated that due to the Sun

EQUINOX SUN OUTAGES: Many readers reported an intermittant loss of satellite TV reception over the weekend. Was the sun to blame? Yes and no. It is likely that the sun caused the problem, but not because of solar flares. Now is the time of year for the "equinox conjunction," when the sun lines up with the satellite and the receiving satellite dish. When this happens, radio interference from the sun competes with signals from the satellite and can create noise levels several decibels higher than normal. The problem, which typically persists for 5 to 15 minutes, is referred to as a "sun outage" and is often confused with sunspot or solar flare activity.

spaceweather.com...

DirectTV in VA was O.K.

Check out this link, no time to dig in right now. Back to work!

poleshift.ning.com...
poleshift.ning.com...
edit on 7-3-2011 by 5 oClock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by trinity369

I don't look at the SOHO LASCO c3 very much as I have no idea what is normal or not on it

The Magnetosphere simulator on Nict appears to be normal now and it looks like we have a nice magnetic field at the moment. Neat and tidy

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Y'know, 5 oClock, I'm still waiting for you to answer my question...

Where does your link indicate that the sun has an affect on the Earth's core/magnetic field?
edit on 7-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What is the solid white line near the bottom left? It wasn't in the previous picture, just suddenly appeared.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6b8a5fe5012.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

The following images and animations show views of a snapshot from a 3D time dependent computer simulation of convection and magnetic field generation in the Earth's liquid core that spans over 80,000 years.

www.psc.edu...

Earth's magnetic field is generated by fluid motion in the liquid iron core.
Details of how this occurs are now emerging from numerical simulations
that achieve a self-sustaining magnetic field. Early results predict a dominant
dipole Þeld outside the core, and some models even reproduce
magnetic reversals. The simulations also show how different patterns of
flow can produce similar external fields. Efforts to distinguish between the
various possibilities appeal to observations of the time-dependent behavior
of the field. Important constraints will come from geological records of
the magnetic field in the past.

www.phys.uu.nl...

An analysis is made of the 20 and 70 year variations of the geomagnetic field, the length of day, and corresponding variations of Wolf numbers. The analysis suggests that these terrestrial variations are due to the effect of the sun on the liquid part of the earth's core.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

It's all relative.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Fair enough. But, that fails to show that the sun is degrading the magnetic field, as you originally suggested. Sure, it's responsible for cyclic fluctuations, but those are just that...cyclic fluctuations. They don't represent any decay in the magnetic field caused by the sun.

Remember, you originally asked, "how long can our force field take it?", suggesting that the bombardment of the Earth's magnetic field by ejecta from the sun somehow depletes the field, potentially causing it to fail. This is what I'm disagreeing with...the field will survive, just as it has always done. The cyclic effects of the sun (especially its gravity) on the core of the Earth do not constantly deplete the field. If they did, the field would've failed one time billions of years ago, and it never would've restarted.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Hate to burst your bubble but that earthquake was right under a known undersea volcano, and is also know to have had an earthquake swarm in the past. Nothing what so ever to do with the sun or the magnetic pole.

In addition an ATS member has been looking at CMEs and earthquakes and finds no correlation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join