It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loughner charged with murders of judge, aide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I had not seen this posted, and thought some of you may be interested in seeing an update.

I did predict he would be charged seperately, Federally, and the death penalty would be sought. This is one step in that direction, however, the author of the article, according to the last line, doesn't seem to understand this, even though he clearly outlined the issue in the article itself.

The idea is to charge state charges firstly, then, they go for the Federal charges which carries harsher penalties, including the death penatly.

One of the reasons they did the charges seperately is because they have to, they cannot charge both federal and state crimes in the same trial, they are different court. He even states in the article the state charges (court) will be suspended until the federal charges are finished.

Is the author of this article new or something?

www.cbsnews.com...

March 4, 2011

Loughner charged with murders of judge, aide

Suspect in Tucson shooting rampage indicted on more charges; Previously plead not guilty of trying to assassinate Rep. Giffords

(AP) PHOENIX - The suspect in the Tucson shootings that critically wounded U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was charged on new counts that include the murders of a federal judge and a congressional aide, according to an indictment released Friday.

A federal grand jury returned the 49-count indictment Thursday, charging Jared Lee Loughner in the deaths stemming from a Jan. 8 shooting at a political event held by Giffords outside a grocery store.

The latest indictment charged the 22-year-old Tucson man with murder in the deaths of U.S. District Judge John Roll and Giffords aide Gabe Zimmerman. Loughner also faces new charges of causing death to or injuring participants at a federally provided activity.

(snip)

Federal prosecutors haven't yet said whether they will seek the death penalty against Loughner. But legal experts believe it's a virtual certainty.

(snip)

Loughner also will likely face state charges in the attack, but will be tried first in federal court before any prosecution begins on state charges. Federal and county prosecutors said federal law requires state prosecutions to be suspended while a federal case is pending.

(snip)

It was not known why the charges against Loughner weren't contained in one indictment

edit on 5-3-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2011 by Libertygal because: last time, I swear!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Thankyou for posting this .
There only a few of us here still researching this case .
What are your thoughts on it ? Do you think its case closed hes guilty and acted alone ?
If so why ?

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

Well, I have seen some things suggested that made me curious as to there being possible other shooters, and the whole MK Ultra thing, of course, but having read through most everything, I do think he did it, and acted alone.

I know there is video that they won't release until after the trial, but they did release a photo of Giffords alleging to be "moments before the shooting".

www.cbsnews.com...

March 4, 2011
New photo shows Giffords seconds before shooting
Victim provides KOLD-TV in Tucson with exclusive photo showing congresswoman less than a minute before she and 18 others were shot

CBS News) TUCSON, Ariz. - This story was written by Dan Marries of KOLD in Tucson, Ariz. You can email Dan at [email protected].

A picture snapped less than a minute before Tucson's horrific mass shooting shows Rep. Gabrielle Giffords doing what her staff says "she loves to do; talk to her constituents."

Standing in front the Safeway store on Jan. 8 at her "Congress on your Corner Event," Giffords was talking to Jim Tucker and his wife Doris when the shots rang out. Doris was standing right there when her husband and Giffords fell to the ground. "I remember putting my hands to my ears and screaming," Doris told us in a previous interview, "I just concentrated on Jim, kneeling down by him, grabbing his hand."

I find the timing of both articles, at the same news site, cbs.com, to be interesting.

Were they holding the picture waiting for the news of the indictment to publish both at the same time? It seems eerily timed, or planned to me, but for what purpose?

I do think the guy is crazy, but by the same token, I have something niggling in the back of my mind telling me something just isn't right about the whole thing, call it a gut feeling, if you will. Some things just seem too well timed, too convenient, too fit together, and the breaking news was too fast? Almost like they had it all, ready to go.

I suppose that because of that, I am on the fence in some ways.

I read his postings here, and checked out the youtube stuff, it all does seem in line, but again, all too "convenient" somehow.

I am *very* interested to see this go to court, it will be a while, I know, but I am hoping, and feeling almost certain, it will be carried on TRUtv open court. If so, I will be watching and recording it. I want to see how he behaves, his mannerisms, etc.

The whole thing with the mugshots is odd also, though I do believe they are the same person, and just different cameras and lighting, why did they just issue that second series out of nowhere? Subliminal suggestion to the Federal Grand Jury that was obviously meeting directly to pass down these 49 new charges?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Well, I have seen some things suggested that made me curious as to there being possible other shooters, and the whole MK Ultra thing, of course, but having read through most everything, I do think he did it, and acted alone.

I know there is video that they won't release until after the trial, but they did release a photo of Giffords alleging to be "moments before the shooting".

www.cbsnews.com...

Well if we trust this photo is still doesn't prove loughner was there or that the shooting happened .Its debateable whether Loughner even knew she would be there . To prove he was there we need footage of him in safeway beforehand AT LEAST .

March 4, 2011
New photo shows Giffords seconds before shooting
Victim provides KOLD-TV in Tucson with exclusive photo showing congresswoman less than a minute before she and 18 others were shot

CBS News) TUCSON, Ariz. - This story was written by Dan Marries of KOLD in Tucson, Ariz. You can email Dan at [email protected].

A picture snapped less than a minute before Tucson's horrific mass shooting shows Rep. Gabrielle Giffords doing what her staff says "she loves to do; talk to her constituents."

Standing in front the Safeway store on Jan. 8 at her "Congress on your Corner Event," Giffords was talking to Jim Tucker and his wife Doris when the shots rang out. Doris was standing right there when her husband and Giffords fell to the ground. "I remember putting my hands to my ears and screaming," Doris told us in a previous interview, "I just concentrated on Jim, kneeling down by him, grabbing his hand."

I find the timing of both articles, at the same news site, cbs.com, to be interesting.

Were they holding the picture waiting for the news of the indictment to publish both at the same time? It seems eerily timed, or planned to me, but for what purpose?

I do think the guy is crazy, but by the same token, I have something niggling in the back of my mind telling me something just isn't right about the whole thing, call it a gut feeling, if you will. Some things just seem too well timed, too convenient, too fit together, and the breaking news was too fast? Almost like they had it all, ready to go.

YES my gut feeling is telling me hes been framed . This whole case rests on the assumption that Loughner had a grudge against Giffords - Which imo is contentious , He held a 4 year grudge hmm , sorry right now I dont believe it .

I suppose that because of that, I am on the fence in some ways.

I read his postings here, and checked out the youtube stuff, it all does seem in line, but again, all too "convenient" somehow.

YES I have seen it all his dare posts too and YES convenient is EXACTLY how I feel lol !
IMO ? The internet evidence is FAKE and PLANTED - You or I could frame someone this way easily . Did you hear that Loughner reported his ID being STOLEN ? He said a MAN had done it and posted pictures of Loughner online !!!-- Nothing was done about it though , hmmmmm see what I'm alluding too ?

I am *very* interested to see this go to court, it will be a while, I know, but I am hoping, and feeling almost certain, it will be carried on TRUtv open court. If so, I will be watching and recording it. I want to see how he behaves, his mannerisms, etc.

I will to but I have a feeling we will see nothing just my opinion though , I could be proved wrong . This is why the "virtual evidence " has ben created .

The whole thing with the mugshots is odd also, though I do believe they are the same person, and just different cameras and lighting, why did they just issue that second series out of nowhere? Subliminal suggestion to the Federal Grand Jury that was obviously meeting directly to pass down these 49 new charges?

I think they doctored the 1st mugshot AT LEAST - Worse case scenario ? He has been framed .

I'm glad you are still questioning it though , if this is a false flag then it spells danger for all of us .

Respect and Peace to you .

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

YES I have seen it all his dare posts too and YES convenient is EXACTLY how I feel lol !
IMO ? The internet evidence is FAKE and PLANTED - You or I could frame someone this way easily . Did you hear that Loughner reported his ID being STOLEN ? He said a MAN had done it and posted pictures of Loughner online !!!-- Nothing was done about it though , hmmmmm see what I'm alluding too ?

I'd not heard about the missing I.D., though, I do agree one of the videos shows him in the hood, but not his face. That could possibly not even be him.

I do see how someone could frame a person in this manner, and it is rather frightening that it could be done so easily. It would take knowing someone *very* well to pull it off, IMO.

I know Laughner knew she was there, though, allegedly because she tweeted she was going to be there that morning. However, according to the time line that the alleged tweet went out with the invitation to come down to the store, and the time line of his getting pulled over, then confronted by his father... doesn't seem to add up?

Seems he would have had to had prior knowledge she was going to be there before that day to prepare and to obtain the things he did. He bought the gun some time before the incident, and then was denied ammo that morning? Possibly before the tweet went out?

I do agree the first mugshot was photoshopped. I think it was because he got a royal ass beating once he was taken into custody. I think they tried to hide it from the press, which is why I think the second shots show a larger wound on his head, as opposed to not so black an eye.

I think some injuries were shopped out to possibly protect the police, however, they could have blamed it on the people that tackled him in the parking lot, so again, it seems highly suspicious. Perhaps it was a knee jerk reaction with all the media flurry, but...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

I'd not heard about the missing I.D., though, I do agree one of the videos shows him in the hood, but not his face. That could possibly not even be him.

I do see how someone could frame a person in this manner, and it is rather frightening that it could be done so easily. It would take knowing someone *very* well to pull it off, IMO.

I know Laughner knew she was there, though, allegedly because she tweeted she was going to be there that morning. However, according to the time line that the alleged tweet went out with the invitation to come down to the store, and the time line of his getting pulled over, then confronted by his father... doesn't seem to add up?

Seems he would have had to had prior knowledge she was going to be there before that day to prepare and to obtain the things he did. He bought the gun some time before the incident, and then was denied ammo that morning? Possibly before the tweet went out?

I do agree the first mugshot was photoshopped. I think it was because he got a royal ass beating once he was taken into custody. I think they tried to hide it from the press, which is why I think the second shots show a larger wound on his head, as opposed to not so black an eye.

I think some injuries were shopped out to possibly protect the police, however, they could have blamed it on the people that tackled him in the parking lot, so again, it seems highly suspicious. Perhaps it was a knee jerk reaction with all the media flurry, but...

I agree with everything you say but I'm not sure of the reason for photoshoping the mugshot .
My opinion is that they shaved his eyebrows and head and doctored his mugshot to make him look more crazy .
You must admit the 2nd one released was tamer .
We only got to see the 2nd one because someone appllied for it under the freedom of information act .

Do you think we'll ever see proof that he did it ?
So far we have nothing and have to take their word for it which im not comfortable doing .

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Oh yeah ive got some other threads to do with this case .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com:80...&addstar=1&on=10715117#pid10715117

Take care .
Peace

top topics

join