It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to make an urban Ghillie?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
hey guys just bord and latly ive been takeing an intrest in Ghillie suits. Ive seen all the regular run of the mill woodland, desert and snow, but how dose one go about makeing diffrent types of urban ghillies?

i am about to start makeing a woodland one of my own and really wanted to try to make a decent urban ghillie as well thought some lurkers or fellow atser may have some insight before i start.

if you can include and pics posts or links to thish thread i would be excited!
thanks forum fellows
-Jplayguitar

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What would you pay more attention to in an urban environment:

some guy crawling around with bits of garbage, concrete, asphalt and homeless people tied to him

or

some guy

?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

HA!!!! Homeless people tied to ya...That is some funny stuff!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Exactly right bud...woodland, snow, desert, all elements. Some of the urban places I have been to we wore blue jeans a t shirt and a baseball cap. It depends who you are, what your doing there, and how many are in your proximity.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Its camo right? To blend into the enviroment? Just make it out of trash, or stuff that make you blend into the background of alleyways.... I personally wouldnt go through the trouble, if things in the city gets so bad I need to crawl around dressed as trash I'd be getting the hell out of dodge and never looking back!!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This one seems good, it's made from used lottery tickets and dental floss

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cb30b0d067b.jpg[/atsimg]

link

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Because the urban environment contains so many colors and textures, a suit would have to be made for the exact location you planned to use it in, ie. a specific wall, crate, trash pile, room. since it would be pointless and cumbersome to make a bunch of suits, the most average clothes possible would be most effective.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree
Its camo right? To blend into the enviroment? Just make it out of trash, or stuff that make you blend into the background of alleyways.... I personally wouldnt go through the trouble, if things in the city gets so bad I need to crawl around dressed as trash I'd be getting the hell out of dodge and never looking back!!

Grubby salvation army cheap coat/hat,whiskey bottle in a paper bag, urine stains ( "smell-o-flage"), carry a dead cat under your arm;call it "poor felix", people will leave you alone....
Or some do-gooder will sign you up for an obamabux "program" and register you to vote...:

edit on 4-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
1. Find a box you can fit in.
2. Get in.
3. Have someone pour concrete in
4. ?
5. Complete camouflage

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The question I have is. What is your tactical situation to move inches at a time and be in the wide open? When you have an urban environment to hide in. How can you hide on a flat concrete surface? Have you seen a war torn city lots of places to hide.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
1. Find a box you can fit in.
2. Get in.
3. Have someone pour concrete in
4. ?
5. Complete camouflage

Nah too much work, just make yourself one of these!

And you can sneak around your neighbours undetected day or night!!!

Helps to carry a compliment of tools...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
hahaha, thats some funny shizz, the reason why they use ghillie is to blend in enough to where you are not recognisabe as a human, so maby a dog costume or a cardboard box, or maby a bush like ppl do in the movies, or a garbage can.hahaha *i can see it now, this garbage can with little legs walking across the street and gettin hit*lol.. or a fat man suit, that wood look innocent enough, who would shoot an un armed fat guy?hahaha

okay, seriously now.. i think if you needed to be perfectly hidden in a urban enviroment, you are better off getting the uniform of your enemy or whatever you are trying to stay hidden from, and once you look like them just hide in playing sight.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
hey guys just bord and latly ive been takeing an intrest in Ghillie suits. Ive seen all the regular run of the mill woodland, desert and snow, but how dose one go about makeing diffrent types of urban ghillies?

i am about to start makeing a woodland one of my own and really wanted to try to make a decent urban ghillie as well thought some lurkers or fellow atser may have some insight before i start.

if you can include and pics posts or links to thish thread i would be excited!
thanks forum fellows
-Jplayguitar

Seriously though of everything I've found on ghillie suits online They ALL mention dipping it in a "fire retardant".
I suppose old dried out burlap mixed with dead vegetation would go up inflames pretty easily,. dancing around screaming while on fire( look willy a burning bush!
) would be a dead giveaway of your position

i.thestreet.com...
edit on 4-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkansas
The question I have is. What is your tactical situation to move inches at a time and be in the wide open? When you have an urban environment to hide in. How can you hide on a flat concrete surface? Have you seen a war torn city lots of places to hide.

grab a copy of"enemy at the gates" the jude law movie about russian sniper vasiily zeitzev( not" training" butits a pretty cool battle of Sstalingrad (?)www2 movie they hid under whatever was there moved through tunnels and culverts and burned out buildings, There was no crawling across an open area 2inches/hour.and surviving the German snipers..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
best urban ghillie would be optical camo. really though for us best camo would be to keep out of sight, like someone above said theres a big variety of textures and colors in a urban enviroment so a suit would probably need changing every couple blocks. maybe a land fill you could use something like that but downtowns and other places stay out of sight

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
daytime - solid colour w/ jeans
nighttime- grey/black hoodie and track pants

all depends where you are, situation and such

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
lol! thou replys were great! some very very funny ones i almost forgot i started this thread . thanks evrybody for takeing the time to reply.
im go whith homeless disguise. i will surly be looked over then!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree

i think u said it for all of us!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
urban camo

found it . this is probaly what you want.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join