It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate in Orange County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The vid says: Hate in Orange County

wow...well..umm..all the hate coming from there mouths..man..

Was this really necessary in front of kids and the hate...well, here's a summary of the vid: if I remember correctly, the Muslims are holding some kind of fundraising for U.S. charities, and protestors are beside the building about 25 feet away shouting what Muslims would consider as vulgar slurs. Watch the vid.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Reprobation because: Put some information.

Washington Post

Washington post writer says:

A video compiled by the Council on American-Islamic Relations has sparked anger across the Internet. Recorded a month ago, it shows an angry, vitriolic protest directed at a group of Muslim Americans -- including young children -- gathering for a fundraiser.

The Muslim group, Islamic Circle of North America Relief USA, said it was trying to raise $350,000 to start social programs establishing women's shelters and fighting hunger and homelessness in the area, according to the Orange County Register.

In the video, protesters are seen waving flag, shouting, "Go back home," and cursing at women and young children trying to pass.

The video shows Deborah Pauly, an Orange County councilwoman, saying, "I know quite a few Marines who would be very happy to help these terrorists to an early meeting in paradise."

It also features U.S. Rep. Ed Royce (R-Calif.) saying, "they call it multiculturalism and it has paralyzed too many of our fellow citizens to make the critical judgments we need to make." In an e-mailed statement, Royce said he was angered by the presence of two keynote speakers at the event, Imam Siraj Wahhaj, an Imam at a Brooklyn mosque, and Amir Abdel Malik Ali, an Imam from Oakland who has spoken out in support of Hezbollah.

"We spoke at the park adjacent to the community center. It is regrettable that some protesters at the community center yelled insults at Imam Wahhaj's supporters. Nothing though should deflect from the radicalism of Wahhaj and Malik-Ali," Royce said in an emailed statement.

The video was released on Wednesday, and Glenn Greenwald wrote about it in Salon, saying the video was part of rising tide of anti-Muslim sentiment in America:

Next week, House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Peter King (R-N.Y.) will convene a congressional hearing to investigate the loyalty and "radicalization" of American Muslims. Earlier this week in Tennessee, a bill was proposed to make it a felony to follow sharia law -- which would essentially criminalize the practice of Islam in that state. Last year, mosques in Tennessee, Oregon and Georgia were targeted with apparent arson. The case against the Park51 community center -- including from mainstream TV journalists -- was grounded in the warped premise that Muslims generally bore guilt for the 9/11 attacks. All of these sentiments are regularly bolstered by a deranged cult-leader/TV personality followed by millions.
On Thursday, Talking Points Memo released a video of an anti-Muslim rally, filmed that day outside the White House. The British Muslim Anjem Choudary announced on Fox News that his pro-Sharia law group would rally outside the White House. That morning, a group with the Center for Security Policy and Frank Gaffney and a separate group with Terry Jones, the pastor best known for threatening to burn Korans, arrived at the White House to make statements against the Sharia laws. (Update: Talking Points Memo followed up on Friday morning with a second post about the clash between Gaffney's group and Jones's group at the event. Gaffney's group tried to have Jones's expelled from the park.)

Choudary and his demonstration never materialized. Instead, Talking Points Memo reporter Ryan J. Reilly writes:

But just as the rally was dying out, a Muslim man showed up to pray in front of the White House. He was quickly surrounded by a large group of protesters who shouted an array of insults at him: mocking him for drinking Starbucks coffee, telling him to go back to his country and even throwing tiny crosses at his feet as he prayed.

Reilly said he spoke to a police officer on the scene who said the man prays at the White House every few days.

With the videos swirling around the Internet, another rally is getting attention: the "I am Muslim, Too" rally planned for March 6 in Times Square in New York City. The rally was not planned in response to the videos, but rather to protest the upcoming congressional hearings.

"We're concerned the hearings will send the wrong message and alienate American Muslims instead of partnering with them, potentially putting their lives at risk by inciting fear and enmity," Russell Simmons, chairman of RUSH Communications told the Hip-Hop blog Global Grind.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Reprobation because: Add some more info

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i am sooooo f'ing sick of the hate for anyone or anything,IM SICK OF IT!!!!!!!! people dont realize that we are all one collective conciousness,plants animals and every #ing thing else seeming solid,is disgusting,why cant we just have a good time,how hard is it,bust ur ass get the job done then have fun,yin and f'ing yang, get it thru your f,ing head you hateful mutha f'er yous, we hang out,have a blast and get along,if not!!! we cut off your f'ing head,we dont need ya,we have no room for haters or anything of the sort,we are all trying to just survive,get by, and have smiles,i understand we need to cry because thats just life,but lets cry over real # instead of charly sheens career,who gives a # hes a bitchin rock star livin life leave him alone focus on real # not that mainstream deversion devision #!!! god damn it when are you people gonna wake up,its a bad mixture is what it is,we dont have a common ground(mentally) give it up,give up the hate and embrace the chill,god bless you if you dont

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Reprobation

You're right, they all suck ass....

But...this IS Orange County, unfortunately.

You got white power from Main street all the way into Westminster, you got Right wing zealots passing out crap literature in South Coast plaza whether you want it or not, you got Trinity Broadcasting off the 405 encouraging to you to find god before it's too late, you got an influx of immigrants demanding poilcy be changed to accomodate their beliefs.

You got craziness every where you turn...just like any other large county.

With that said, the OC Fair is a blast..!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I will finish your OP...
This video was produced by the Counsul on American Islamic Relations (CAIR)...a Saudi scam to bring Sharia law to America...thru hate and intolerance of Christians.
Got that...HATE!
Go home!
Go home!
Go home!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Who cares if the Muslims like free speech in the US or not! They may as well get used to being harassed and insulted like Christians and Jews and every other group are. They are not special in any way and they do have problems with keeping their ambitions of dominance in check.

Protest them as loud and rude as you wannabe! This is America and we are not doing Shira here.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sorry but this is a free speach issue.

The muslims have the same right to be protested, harressed and smeared as everyone else. I personally think its tacky, but I would rather see them or anyother group protested than to see laws passed to keep us FROM protesting

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Irony.
The same people who support the Westboro Baptists shouting hate at a marines funeral will be th ones saying this is hate speech toward muslims.

Just makes me wonder when islam is going to be "protected" and NO-ONE will be allowed to say anything against them.
Hmmm, sounds a bit like Sharia to me. . . . .

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

If you think that Sharia Law would actually take over America, you're crazy.

But, kinda off topic...but, what does OP mean...I'm a noob to this website, and have seen that used a lot. Does it mean "official post"?

top topics

join