It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops tackle lawmaker in Wisconsin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A Wisconsin lawmaker was mistaken for a protester while trying to enter the capitol building, and was tackled by the police inside the building. It looks like a relatively honest mistake, but the police should not be treating the protesters like that. It is a public building and the people of WI should be able to enter. Some parts of me are happy that this lawmaker is finally getting a taste of his own medicine. There is a video at the link below, I don't know how to embed video so if someone could help out that would be great. Thanks

Cops tackle lawmaker in Wisconsin

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

maybe a Link without a 31 second commercial would be even sweeter.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

How bout this one.

Seems to me, one of the problems here, is that this guy challenged the cops immediately. So they reacted with equal and greater force until he was identified. If he would have identified himself, he probably could have avoided the whole mess.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Sorry, like I said, don't know how or else I would. Hopefully someone more computer savvy than myself can help me out.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Some parts of me are happy that this lawmaker is finally getting a taste of his own medicine.

What medicine would that be?

EDIT:

This part from the OP article disgusts me:

In response to the enormous protests from union supporters, state officials have been allowing only a limited number of people into the Capitol this week, despite a judge's order saying it must remain open to the public.

So, we have a public building and a judge has ordered that it remain open to the protesters. Denying the protesters access and using law enforcement as a tool for that denial seems highly criminal to me.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

He was probably one of the lawmakers that came to the conclusion that protesters should not be allowed in a public building, and wanted the police to take action against them.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
HAHA too bad they didn't rough him up more. See, if the cops were doing their job and defending the oath that they took, they would have shot him on site.

Deebo
edit on 4-3-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by Deebo because: add/fix

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

He was probably one of the lawmakers that came to the conclusion that protesters should not be allowed in a public building, and wanted the police to take action against them.

Probably? did you read the article? He was one of the lawmakers that set up his desk outside so the public could have access to him, as other lawmakers were restricting public access.

EDIT:

Wisconsin State Representative Nick Milroy (D) was tackled by police after he tried to enter the Capitol Building last night. Rep. Milroy was one of many Democrats who temporarily set up their office outside of the Capitol Building as a show of protest against Governor Walker's (R-WI) Budget Repair Bill.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Getting a taste of his own medicine? So, these lawmakers are outside physically abusing people?

Where have I been? I just thought they were calling in sick to work....

If any part of you feels good about the police physically abusing anyone, who is not committing a crime, you are one disturbed individual. You should go have that checked out. I hope whatever you suffer from is not contagious....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

A Wisconsin lawmaker was mistaken for a protester while trying to enter the capitol building, and was tackled by the police inside the building......

ROTFLMAO

OH if only this would happen in the District of Criminals TOO!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Missed that part, sorry. So maybe he will help change the minds of the other A-holes there, or he will have the police officer, that was following orders, fired. I just think it is completly crazy that the lawmakers that are out of the state "protesting" are going to be arrested soon if they don't return. Also layoffs will begin soon, the Gov. cares about some people's right to work, but doesn't not seem to care about the people outside protesting.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No worries. When I first read the article (I was skimming) I thought this was one of the lawmakers that fled the state.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gator1177

Getting a taste of his own medicine? So, these lawmakers are outside physically abusing people?

Where have I been? I just thought they were calling in sick to work....

If any part of you feels good about the police physically abusing anyone, who is not committing a crime, you are one disturbed individual. You should go have that checked out. I hope whatever you suffer from is not contagious....

See Sir there is where you are wrong. He is a politician. Crime and politician mean the same thing, in this day in age anyway. And not some lil misdemeanor either.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Some parts of me are happy that this lawmaker is finally getting a taste of his own medicine.

What medicine would that be?

EDIT:

This part from the OP article disgusts me:

In response to the enormous protests from union supporters, state officials have been allowing only a limited number of people into the Capitol this week, despite a judge's order saying it must remain open to the public.

So, we have a public building and a judge has ordered that it remain open to the protesters. Denying the protesters access and using law enforcement as a tool for that denial seems highly criminal to me.

They can limit according to fire code restrictions, and they can limit hours of operation, for instance only open to the public from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., but they have to comply in spirit with the Judge's orders. I'm sure they are walking a very fine line on the issue!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Thanks for setting me str8 deebo.....

politician automatically means criminal you said enough.....

and justifies physical abuse....

IQ just dropped below freezing in this forum....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah, the capitol is probably open to the public from 3:30am to 3:45am, or something stupid like that. You probabaly need to sign up to be allowed in. I think a reasonable amount of people should be allowed in.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
so far i have seen er read about, blackmail, racketeering, extortion, breach of a court order,slave labor, i have yet to read about sieg heil, arm bands, detainment camps, slaves,state ordered slave labor,and free labor, wonder when that will be? do not think i have to wait too long.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Deebo

Well physical abuse is a slap on the wrist according to what usually happens to tyrants. Name one politician who follows the letter of the law. And don't say Ron Paul, I like him alot, but even he has dirt on his hands.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Deebo

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Deebo

Name one politician who isn't a dirtbag. And please don't say Ron Paul, even he has dirt on is hands. I still like the guy. But still.

Deebo
edit on 4-3-2011 by Deebo because: to add

No Idea why it posted a blank message 2 times. Mods?
edit on 4-3-2011 by Deebo because: wth?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join