It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Army mindset for US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Have you ever had the trouble killing a terrorist? Asking yourself if your killing a man that deserves to die?

The very religion this nation was founded on will tell you,live by the sword dye by the sword.

So,if they refuse to turn over all their weapons,they live by sword dye by sword.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
That was rather short and was quite ambiguous( don't think I spelled that right). So are you saying that it ok to kill if the "terrorist" don't give up their weapons or are you saying that the soldier should die by the same "sword" they live by? Either way it is an interesting way to gain perspective to a web of ideology. I don't condone the war on grounds that these people didn't actually bomb us and the ones who did, died in the crashes of the planes. I don't condone the killing of anyone for that matter unless it was the actual person that done the killing. Interesting paradox we have here. Ever notice Osama Bin Laden is not on the FBI most wanted list for the attacks of 9/11? It is another interesting paradox as to why not even though he was supposed to be one of the orchestrators.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by miracleretiree

What in the hell are you trying to say?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think the point he is trying to get across is that the mindset for us troops out there in the desert is reverting back to a mindset of old. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Kill or be killed. I have to agree, sometimes there's good judgment in a killing other times horrible judgment. But it's you or them, sadly. And with the way this war is being fought, that mindset can be dangerous but somewhat needed to make it home.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What i am saying. I know some troops cant bring themselves to kill even after they sighn up for a combat mos.

Or a troop does kill and can never accept what he has done.

So i just said this so things can be cleared up in the minds of the american soldier.

And one of you said you thought i was speaking the way of old, Are you saying war isnt about killing the person next to their weapon anymore? And that the idea of killing someone with a weapon is only the way of old and we need to evolve?

because you came off a bit offensive like you have a better concept for mindset during war. So sir do speak the way a soldier can think if you think you have a better mindset. I am not asking you to speak i am telling you do speak. Because it's very offensive you say i speak old,when you dont even have a better mindset available for a wartime soldier.

So,speak sir or forever rest behind me.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by miracleretiree

They try to say it has changed to a military that does regime change and nation building. But what does that really mean?

new topics

top topics

join