It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Beats Girlfriend With Alligator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Sometimes real life is stranger than fiction. This is one of those cases.. From the world of life in a trailer park in Florida a man has been arrested for beating his girlfriend with an alligator. Yes an alligator!

Indepandent Full Article

19 July 2004

A man was arrested in Florida yesterday after allegedly beating his girlfriend with a pet alligator which he kept in the bath.

David Havenner, 41, faces misdemeanour charges of battery and possession of an alligator. His girlfriend, Nancy Monico, 39, claims he hurled empty beer bottles at her, used his fists to beat her and then hit her with his 3ft pet reptile as she tried to escape from their mobile home in Port Orange, central Florida.

"He threw it at me," Ms Monico said on ABC News. "I don't think he knew what he was doing. He was just throwing it at me."

But Mr Havenner's version of the story differed. He told investigators that Ms Monico bit his hand because she was upset they had run out of alcohol

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well what can anyone say to this?

Just when you thought you have seen and heard it all, along comes a report like this.

I think we should feel sorry for the alligator here too.

Related Links:

Man attacks girlfriend with alligator

Man accused of hitting woman with gator

[edit on 18-7-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Arrested for assault and possesion of an alligator? OMG! Id love to see the police report on this.

Notice these two people live in a trailer park.........go figure!

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think they should also charge him with animal cruelty (sp)..

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm practically speechless!! Only in america, folks...I think this legal matter should be transferred to "the people's court" ...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yeah! I saw this yesterday and just shook my head, told my wife later "only in America" will you hear a news story like this - wonder what the name of the mobile home park was.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hey: do you know what the deputies at the crime scene said to Dave Havenner when he was being taken away in handcuffs??? "See you later....alligator"

(It WAS inevitable...)

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
wierd. but just because someone bites you, it doesnt give you the right to beat them, chuck bottes at them, or chuck your pet reptile at them either.

I wonder whats next...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
am I the ONLY one who feels ~bad~ for this poor alligator?
Do you think that THIS is the alligators dream life?
I doubt it.....the poor scaley critter....
I hope this didnt hurt it...

ANIMAL CRUELTY FOR SURE!!

top topics

join