It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disassociating myself from Christianity.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PinkAndBlack

In the 1st century AD there were no Christians, just people who believed in Christ and his word.There were Nazareens etc but the term Christian was not then in use. At the end of the day it is just a label that has unfortunately been twisted to mean a believer in Christ who practices some form of organised religion, i,e, Pentecostal, Roman Catholic, Methodist etc. No way would I ever deny Christ, my reply is always "I am a believer in Christ who does not follow a particular organised religion.To lots of people I am a Christian it all boils down to your understanding of a Christian. For that reason I prefer not to be labelled because there are far too many Christians who I would not want to be associated with.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
PinkAndBlack, Regarding Squizzy:

I didn't sense any self-hatred or guilt in Squizzy's post.
I follow no religion, I simply follow paths toward peace, happiness, equality, and love. Yes, very much easier said than done, but I am as aware as possible of my thoughts and emotions, and constantly redirect negativity into positive energy.

Take away doctrine, dogma, and what preacher said... and to be quite honest, the words and teachings attributed to Jesus, as written in the various Gospels (beyond the ordained four), are a source of pure love and forgiveness. I don't care what the Old Testament has to say... I don't care what the testaments, letters, and prophecies of Paul and John say. The Gospels by themselves, as a spiritual, moral, and philosophical standpoint are so incredibly beautiful.

I quote Jesus in advice very often, or even in different wording revolving around the principle. I also quote Ghandi, Buddha, movie and song quotes, and all kinds of people when it is relevant. One does not have to be Christian to respect and agree with Jesus' teachings.

At least, that's how I understood Squizzy's reply.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Glad to see that you realised how flawed religion is. It has done nothing but get people killed,commit suicide,spill the blood of the innocent. All in the name of I'm right your wrong. I'm better then you your going to burn in hell.

If that's what religion does to people. Then WE don't need it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join