It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just listened to some Lady Gaga. The vibes were very disconcerting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, I've obviously heard this chick's songs before in public or passing through this space or that, but I never really paid much attention. Today I decided to consciously listen to a few of her big hits and see what the deal is. I've been an electronica fan for years, so I was first pleasantly surprised to see that she was basically an electronica-like crossover into pop. Basically, my first impression was that the tunes were simplistic but catchy. However, after a not-very-long time, I started to feel physically, viscerally ill. Nauseous. The feeling was like it would feel after gorging on something sickly-sweet -- spoonfuls of straight cake frosting, say. The vibes got harsher and more unmellow and I had to shut it off.

Now, I'm not too judgemental about music on an abstract level -- I say if you like it and it makes you happy, go for it. On the other hand I am occasionally viscerally responsive and this was one of those times. I felt like somebody was beaming evil rays at me, jamming my brain with that garbage. It gives off a very rank psychic odor. I can see why some people believe she is sinsiter. Does anyone else grasp what I'm trying to express here?

edit on 3/3/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You know she went through a lot when she was a kid. She's probably got some hardcore issues, thus why her music is like the way it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Can someone please explain to me where this meme about Lady Gaga being some sinister/demon/NWO anti-christ bent on stealing all of our souls came from?

Here's the deal:
-She's a very talented singer and songwriter.
-She has a very unique way of carrying herself and a unique way of performing.

She's used those two things to gain an extremely loyal fanbase.

The reason why she does these things (going put of her way to cause some controversy) is because IT SELLS RECORDS. She is not the spawn of Satan, and the only army she has command of seems to be the Gay Mafia. The only "conspiracy" here (if you can call it that) is that she does this to MAKE DOLLARS. Not everything is a conspiracy. The same things that are being said about Lady Gaga were said about Madonna in the 80's, and while she has had a successful career, I don't think she had a plan to destroy the world. And if she did, I guess it failed pretty terribly. Take Lady Gaga for what she is--a musical performer.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Yes as a matter a fact I do and few other people as well. If you think the songs are evil wait until you see the videos dude....

Articles on Lady Ga Ga and her occult symbolism

please visit the link...It will blow you away

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

What did she go through when she was a kid? I hope nothing too horrifuic.

It's funny, I met somebody a few years ago who claimed to have known her tangentially as a kid, not very close but in passing. She said she was just another private school girl growing up in Manhattan, from a well-off but not extravagant family, and not very conspicuious. But of course even if accurate, this means nothing, people go through all sorts of things no matter what their external appearances.

reply to post by zcflint05

I kind of tend to agree with you, but I still find something viscerally disconcerting in her music. Even if her thing is a put-on, it can still be effective on some level in reality. Musicians chart the soul of their times. We live in foul times, do we not? I wonder what tunes Nero plunked out on his fiddle as the empire went up in flames.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

Thanks for the link, will look into it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
SHPONGLE!!!!! Forget the Gagas and the other top 10 recording artist these guys are AMAZING. Everyone one this earth should be Shpongled at least once. I'm not into going to Burning Man or psychedelic music in general but this music strikes a chord with me. If you think a musician provides negative vibes then just listen to the positive ones...

edit on 3-3-2011 by Hoping4Wisdom because: added vid

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I agree with you on this one. Watching the video clips is a good example. Whether she had a crappy childhood, what ever happened, Her video clips are something a child should not be watching on television. But in saying that, I bet there are plenty more performers who do the same thing and there will be plenty more in the future who will aswell. Todays music is all crap anyway.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
has anyone heard Britney's new single? no not Hold It Against Me, the one that was just released today...

It's called Till The World Ends, and it's actually friggen amazing. it's already being raved as the best single of her career. goodbye Toxic... Hello Till The World Ends.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
op i've got a crazy idea here, dont listen to her music!
all this lady gaga trash on ats is getting embaressing.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Meh. There is only so much obsessing a body can do in a single 18-hour day about the collapsing dollar, the effect of soaring food prices on growth in the BRICs economies, and the geostrategic implications of Chinese debt-market retrenchment and exchange rate regime uphevals. So please be so kind as to allow me my sleazy celeb-flavored DoomLite™ titilations from time to time. Especially on BTS. I've already eaten all the veggies on my plate today, so don't I deserve dessert?

PS: Here's a picture of Agnetha Faltskog to soothe everyone's frayed nerves. Not a propos of anything in this thread, mind you, but I so rarely visit the music section of BTS that I feel any such occasion provides a flimsy yet servicable excuse to post a picture of Agnetha.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/235c3bb9cf49.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

heh fair enough, i dont mean to sound rude, but i think people give way too much credence to the likes of gaga jzee, rhianna etc. personally i havent listened to the radio for about 3 years so i wouldnt know either way. but surely its just pop music, and as they say any publicity is good publicity.
anyway i'll stop before i go off topic.
: ]

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus

heh fair enough, i dont mean to sound rude, but i think people give way too much credence to the likes of gaga jzee, rhianna etc. personally i havent listened to the radio for about 3 years so i wouldnt know either way. but surely its just pop music, and as they say any publicity is good publicity.
anyway i'll stop before i go off topic.
: ]

Yeah, deep down it could be crap, but its still fun to play around with.

The thing is, even if her sinister-ness is a well-crafted pose, it can still evoke a certain effect in an audience. Movies are seldom "true" but that makes them no less meaningful.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Good post silent t

I've listened and watched a couple of Lady Gaga's videos and quite frankly, after just a few minutes of even watching her I get physically sick..........she's got a nasty aura and dead eyes.

If you research into her lyrics, they suck.

But, whatever floats your boat.

I think this is pretty cool, it's goth tribal fusion belly dance done to a medieval tune, this makes me happy - but than I guess I'm easily amused.

In my younger days, back 30 years ago, I took a belly dancing and yoga class, (had to take both together in order to learn how to breathe and isolate the various muscles correctly). Back then we belly danced to Middle Eastern Music.

I also like Wicked Tinkers this next video shows a lot of people having a really nice time. And while the bagpipes are the soul of Scotland, the drum is the heart.

edit on 26-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoping4Wisdom

Starred, SHPONGLE!!!!! is very cool.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Road to Chicago by Thomas Newman used in the movie Road to Perdition

Beautiful piece of music............very good movie.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
And Maksim playing Croatian Rhapsody is really cool.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
PRAISE THY LORD GAGA!

i love my momma monster

top topics

join