It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Survival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We are living in uncertain times!

In a world that depends on ‘cheap’ oil for any sort of economic stability, we should all be prepared for turmoil, disruption, and high oil prices – which would ripple through all of the economy and hike the prices of nearly everything that we purchase and consume.
‘Muslim Brotherhood’ is staged and supported by elitists to bring about the Arab chaos, nation after nation

Crude oil will rise to $150 – $200 a barrel

U.S. gasoline $7 a gallon, economic destruction will result, prices skyrocket, dollar devalues

American economy in shambles, oil at or near $200, U.S. oil reserves in Alaska and Rockies will begin to be tapped

Food will be extraordinarily high priced, people going hungry cannot afford food

New world currency will be ushered in to a desperate people who will accept it

China is entirely insulated from Middle East oil because of recent deal with Russia (now the #1 oil supplier in the world) to buy all the oil and natural gas they want, they do not exchange in U.S. dollars

U.S. Dollar will be dead in 9 to 12 months, by end of 2012

Arabs will be double-crossed holding so much debt, Treasuries, extreme Arab anger at U.S.

How can we be prepared?

A good preparation is to leave yourself enough margin in your budget to absorb these things. Reduce your debt. Do not add new debt. Be nimble, adaptive, and resilient. Be frugal. Prepare for the worst, and you will benefit peace of mind

If this information turns out to be anywhere near accurate, then we are headed for some very serious trouble.

We constantly ‘preach’ here to buy extra food and supplies to have, just in case. Don’t be caught short. It is insurance. You will consume these supplies anyway, over time, and they will most certainly cost more later on.

FOOD STORAGE is one way to hedge off inflation, that and gold. Following are more informative ways to protect your families.

The Wall Street Journal entitled Load up the Pantry. He makes the argument that, financially speaking, you are more likely to get a better “return” on an investment in nonperishable foods than on money in the bank. You can get at best 3% in a (good) savings account or CD, and food prices are rising more than that. Higher food prices are likely over time because of increased demand in Asia, and higher fuel prices. Did you know that fertilizer is a petroleum product? Fuel is also used in tractors, and to transport food to market. Even though gas prices have come down slightly recently, they are likely to continue to go up over the next few years, and that leads to higher food prices.

I was very surprised to read this argument from someone in the mainstream media. A few years ago, only a kook (or a Mormon) would have argued that people should store food as an actual investment. Times certainly are changing quickly. I’m of Christian faith but the Mormon’s have all these bases covered and some of their sites teach people how to preserve their food for long tern storage. Who knows I may convert to a Mormon. They know how to care for their own. I admire that.

I’ve been reading the explanations of different economists to try to figure out what is going on with the economy, and to figure out how we should deal with our household money. Economists give advice about investment ideas to fight inflation. Some are recommending investing in precious metals, foreign currencies, commodities and so on. However, all of these investments are more risky than just buying your future needs now. If you will use it someday, buying food and other future needs now is a very low-risk proposition.

Food storage protects our families in many ways. Not only is it useful in times of disaster or job loss, but it can also serve as a hedge against inflation.

Source from;

get-urban-survival-skills.blogspot.com...

www.ldsemergencyresources.com...

Here is my previous Survival Thread with many helpful tips on how to Survive the upcoming crisis. How to Keep your Butt Alive

When we see Gold jumps to numbers never seen we can expect inflation, if not hyperinflation is soon at our door. Don’t ignore or think things are fine, they are not and will only get worse. The cost of gar alone will cause inflating food costs and other products and supplies. Delivery costs will triple soon, which is always passed on to the consumer.

There are many other good survival links besides mine; you might check those as out well. ATS is overflowing with Survival techniques. We must also consider a huge increase in crime from desperation and the need to feed kids.

Any help is appreciated, should we use the bank of mattress?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So if you foresee some massive collapse, what exactly would be the point of reducing your debt and being frugal. It would be more prudent to buy a ton of important goods and hide them away, no?

I get a real laugh whenever I read people talking about stockpiling food, but they lack the understanding that everything you own is only as good as the protection you can bestow upon them.

Learn to shoot, arm yourself, buy some ammunition, learn how to take care of your weapon(s)....Then we can talk about food.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
So if you foresee some massive collapse, what exactly would be the point of reducing your debt and being frugal. It would be more prudent to buy a ton of important goods and hide them away, no?

I get a real laugh whenever I read people talking about stockpiling food, but they lack the understanding that everything you own is only as good as the protection you can bestow upon them.

Learn to shoot, arm yourself, buy some ammunition, learn how to take care of your weapon(s)....Then we can talk about food.

I agree. Everyone and their dog will come after what we do have. The trick is not to telll and ask them for food. Hopefully they will buy the line? Yes be armed to protect what is yours and protect your family!

edit on 3-3-2011 by wonderworld because: edit to add we wont need to be frugal they will probably hand out food rationing tickets.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

I personally think that there is a little more time before we are going to have to worry about hyperinflation, but that it will probably happen at some point soonish, and when it does I want to be able to defend my stuff

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDBlack
reply to post by Tephra

I personally think that there is a little more time before we are going to have to worry about hyperinflation, but that it will probably happen at some point soonish, and when it does I want to be able to defend my stuff

We are copying Germany in the 20's by printing worthless money. It did cause hyperinflation. It costs a days wage to buy a loaf of bread. All this money will come back hard and no way to pay it back. I wonder which flag we will be flying then? A UN flag?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Nah the UN doesn't have that much power. We'll prolly break down into several warring countries.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

Yes it's possible that the states will decide to leave the Union and be split up like the USSR. If it can happen to them and the EU it can happen here as well. Scary to think about.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This flag looks like one to come soon.

Also protected by;

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here in Europe we find it amazing that it is so easy to buy arms in the u.s.
If everybody is armed, will it not be: who is the quickest?

So I have to defend my food with arms.

Don't you think that when a group of hungry, big and muscled guys wants to take my food away, they will also be armed?

And if I hesitate, they will take away my food, my arms and rape my 5 daughters as a bonus.

In my opinion, being armed makes only sense, if you're an experienced shooter and live in a kind of community.

I think its better to look for some kind of a community to live with during hard times, when there is little fod and / or hide your food. And yourself

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny
Here in Europe we find it amazing that it is so easy to buy arms in the u.s.
If everybody is armed, will it not be: who is the quickest?

So I have to defend my food with arms.

Don't you think that when a group of hungry, big and muscled guys wants to take my food away, they will also be armed?

And if I hesitate, they will take away my food, my arms and rape my 5 daughters as a bonus.

In my opinion, being armed makes only sense, if you're an experienced shooter and live in a kind of community.

I think its better to look for some kind of a community to live with during hard times, when there is little fod and / or hide your food. And yourself

I agree but I think if the big guys with mucles show up, I'll be waiting for them to turn the corner and whack them with my bat, while my backup is hoding the gun. I think bartering is dangerous. You want no one to know what you have! I planned to make signs saying trespassers will be shot, rather than prosecuted but might get in trouble for doing that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

I forgot to mention that yes you guys in Europe have it easy coming to the US to buy guns, getting them back is another thing. I have a close family member who just moved to England and they lost 2 friends today in that shooting in Germany. The were headed for afganistan (sp) sad. We cant keep the guns away from the bad guys!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

This is just ridiculous thinking, if you love your gun, use it, and become proficient and safe with it...You should always have the drop on your enemy in a situation of defense. The size of your enemy matters not.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Tephra is right, with a gun the size of the person coming at you isn't important.

top topics

join