It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 2012, what's the next "doomsday"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Getting ahead of myself, but it seems like roughly every decade or two there's a new doomsday. Moreover, that doomsday is backed up with plenty of reason to believe in it.

Crap, in my lifetime, there's been a few. The Bible supposedly foretold the USSR and the USA would rain death upon the earth (something about the bear and eagle or some-crap), war with Iraq was supposed to have something to do with the antichrist, and the Y2K was supposed to be the end times.

So after 2012 comes and goes without anything happening, what's the next end-of-the-world scenario?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

i heard something about 2016 being next

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Apophis' arrival

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Either 2029 or 2036 because of the probability of Apophis hitting Earth.

After that it's Y2K38 (en.wikipedia.org...).

Then it'll continue on and on till the end of civilization.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

2016 is gonna be tough for me, i'll have to check my schedule.
.... Yep 2016 is bad for me, maybe 2026ish??
Lol onto the OP, yep every few or so years "ARMAGEDDON IS COMING"!!!!
Then somehow we survive and it's onto the next cataclysm.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think it would be wise to wait after 2012 just in case. But I didn't read of another date after 2012.

Although I saw in the news that some people are saying the "end of the world" on May 21(?). Supposedly they are wealthy enough to put billboards with the message.
edit on 3-3-2011 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I dont know where all the idiots come out of the wood work and say 2012 is the end of the world. I have not once heard that it was the end of the world except from the ignorant who have nothing intelligent to say over the water cooler or at lunch.

2012 from the people who marked that date on their calendars have said that it is marking a cosmic cycle in which mans consciousness would shift. They call it the beginning of no-time or the end of time not the end of the world or the human race. We have been here before and we will be here in the future.

Whats next after 2012? Hopefully a hundred years of peace and the intelligence not to repeat what has happened in the last 13,000 years.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

ill see if i can reschedule it, let me ask the over paranoid doomsday proheices readers who some how come with this stuff

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

We'll get it predicted correctly at least once, right?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Either 2029 or 2036 - in association with the asteroid Apophis.

Not sure after that, but probabably I'll be dead by then so really don't care. But I bet in the year 3423 people are still making money by conning the gullible into thinking the world is about to end in accordance with ancient prophecies.

Humans are nothing if not gullible.

Of course, it's always possible that before then a Mutant Star Goat eats the Sun - and that is something we must be worried about!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138 The Bible supposedly foretold the USSR and the USA would rain death upon the earth (something about the bear and eagle or some-crap), war with Iraq was supposed to have something to do with the antichrist, and the Y2K was supposed to be the end times.

I believe the bible doesnt speak of a bear or any metaphoric version of russia but they did say something about the dragon or something to that effect claiming that a 200 million man army would be involved in a war that would consume 2/3's of man. I know that China has a reserve army of 200 million men.

If wars and major deaths fall on certain dates that just points to the perps being masons, Illuminati, Jewish kabbalah, or some other weird order or cult that focuses on numerology and rituals. They would use the whole 2012 thing as an opportunity to wreck the world. Maybe thats the shift in consciousness we are going to get, witnessing the deaths of billions and seeing the great cities become deserted, apocalyptic wastelands.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Keep in mind that there are many stories from around the world that speak of man's civilizations reaching great heights like we are at now only to be almost completely wiped out by catastrophic earth changes.

Read the hopi's story. We are in the 4th world. the 3 previous ones were almost completely wiped out leaving man to evolve to savages then back to where we are today. Our footsteps from our previous emergences are almost completely erased.

All in all EARTH is in DIRE need of a REBOOT! .......................again.........
edit on 3-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
2013, 2015 & 2017

Those are the next three I've heard.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The next date that SHTF is 2016. Not sooner.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I am planning a 2012 bash, party of all parties to show a few of my friends they dont need to worry. I'm stocked up for 2016. I do'however think the polar shift will cause caos in 2012 but not the end of the world quite yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

I dont know where all the idiots come out of the wood work and say 2012 is the end of the world. I have not once heard that it was the end of the world except from the ignorant who have nothing intelligent to say over the water cooler or at lunch.

2012 from the people who marked that date on their calendars have said that it is marking a cosmic cycle in which mans consciousness would shift. They call it the beginning of no-time or the end of time not the end of the world or the human race. We have been here before and we will be here in the future.

Whats next after 2012? Hopefully a hundred years of peace and the intelligence not to repeat what has happened in the last 13,000 years.

Are you kidding me? Hundred years of peace ahead? Leave your illusion! Take the red pi I don't know...I don't see hundred of years coming in 2012 is a non-event! I see oppression, police state, destruction of liberty...but I guess ignorance is bliss...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm glad you asked. I was going to ask the same thing. I'm so sick and tired of doomsday predictions. Hell, even just the political "America is going to implode" posts get on my nerves. America has been moving toward a "police state" for many decades, and tyranny has always existed. This country has survived the recession, WW 1, WW 2, the Cold War, Vietnam War, Korean War, etc. etc. etc. etc. We'll always find ourselves in conflict with one country or another.

I'm sick of posts that try to scare people. I understand where they come from and why, but sometimes I feel an overload of fear-mongering. I'm sick of waiting for the next doomsday to pass just so I can live to see another stupid prediction come up. It's always years apart, and then I have to suffer through countless hours of TV programming about how some jerk predicted this for that year and date, five years from now, and how the ancients knew all about it. Can't we just live our lives and let the Universe do what it does without constantly trying to predict what it will do? If you have scientific proof of an impending earthquake or volcanic eruption, that's when I'll listen. I know I can choose not to read these threads, but it's often difficult to avoid them.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159

Are you kidding me? Hundred years of peace ahead? Leave your illusion! Take the red pi I don't know...I don't see hundred of years coming in 2012 is a non-event! I see oppression, police state, destruction of liberty...but I guess ignorance is bliss...

According to this guy, your both right...

Are you on a 2012-13 catastrophic timeline? Or are you on a 2012-13 positive future timeline?

But you'd think the time-line would have split already huh, if it was ever going to that is.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

A 2012 bash is a brilliant idea! We should all really do that, and make it as happy, festive, and celebratory as possible
It'll be a "hey, the world's still here -- let's party!" event.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Name another date that has had a similar effect on humanity. ever.
Sure there have been end of the world dates predicted in the past, however this isn't what the mayan and other prophecys are saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join