It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya's aerial onslaught steps up pressure for no-fly zone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Libya's aerial onslaught steps up pressure for no-fly zone

www.cnn.com

Tripoli, Libya (CNN) -- Two towns in eastern Libya were bombed for a second day Thursday, witnesses said, hours after the government denounced reports of attacks on protesters and military facilities.

Two bombs were dropped on military camps in Ajdabiya, a tribal leader said.

Another bomb fell in al-Brega between the oil facility and the airport Thursday, but there were no injuries or damage, witnesses said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 3/4/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
A little odd, no?
The Russians claim there was NO air strikes, the next day, western media- once again confirms them...
Whats your take ATS?
It has the pictures, what do you think Russia will say this time?
How much longer will this go on?
Hoping to see this problem get resolve and soon!
How about you guys?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-3-2011 by tribaltrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I guess this is another case of "which source do you trust", as we cannot be first-hand witness the events .

That said, I do not know of many bombs that are dropped and cause

...no injuries or damage...

All sides have great interests in Libya's oil wealth, it is no surprise that propaganda machines are in high gear to influence popular opinion.

-the Billmeister

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

Honestly I don't know who to believe, although the two planes that defected to Malta are real and also the two planes that ejected and crashed into the desert seem to be real, however I was reading the news story of the new bombings on sky News when I saw this picture. Which to me looks fishy.news.sky.com... s_Carousel_Region_0&

A rebel covers his ears as a Libyan plane drops a bomb near Brega
lid=ARTICLE_15944844_Libya%3A_Colonal_Gaddafis_Warplanes_Bomb_Key_Rebel_Town_Of_Brega

Then again watch this amazing video taken yesterday of the battle for Bregga and you can hear jets in the sky.

edit on 3-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There is footage exclusively showing a fighter jet dropping a bomb on an arms depot on the BBC News website.
I think it was an arms depot...
edit on 3-3-2011 by Jepic because: Grammatical error.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I don't believe that they happened because it is being used to propell our "Humanitarian Intervention"

Have you looked at what Hilary Clinton is saying about an "infomation war"?

RT - Hilary Clinton Declares Information War

I think we are just strengthing our military presence to secure oil assets....In the name of humanity

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Could be this video.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

No. Shoot, I can't find it now. It was on the headlines yesterday. It showed the cameraman zooming in on the jet, then zooming out and showing the plume of the explosion, then you hear the actual explosion. I'll try and find it. Hang on.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes, they talked about that here in Sweden. The Russian government is always up to no good
I feel bad for the Russian people, much like I do for the American people. Those two countries appear to never care what their citizens think. Never trust a russian news agency and it's best to always be on guard when dealing with them, IMHO.

Free Libya! If the Libyans want Europe and America to aid in their revolution, then so be it. Let's do it until the end. But only if they want it. Don't do it for the GD oil.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The media is nothing but a tool. They are bombing arms dumps media is spinning the whole thing . What would western countrys do if armed people took over a city and military base arming themselfs to the teeth for change at the top do you really think western goverments would do anything different ? And no i'm not sticking up for the regime David cameron is wanting a no fly zone for protection of oil /BP.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I couldn't find the video. But if you go to the guardian website, you'll find the gold.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
OOPS double post

edit on 3-3-2011 by TREASONFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TREASONFX
The media is nothing but a tool. They are bombing arms dumps media is spinning the whole thing . What would western countrys do if armed people took over a city and military base arming themselfs to the teeth for change at the top do you really think western goverments would do anything different ? And no i'm not sticking up for the regime David cameron is wanting a no fly zone for protection of oil /BP.

I agree , there is not one video out there that shows the fighters , explosions and casualties with any continuity .Easy to hoax what has been seen so far . I wish I still had the link for a faked report from the first Gulf War .Two American reporters standing in front of a hotel building with air raid sirens ,they were all hyped up reporting on what they had just seen . The extended version showed a fake building and potted palm trees in a studio and the reporters sitting in deck chairs laughing while smoking cigars .Never believe your eyes or ears , believe your heart's and intuition .
edit on 3-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: bumped post button before finnished

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnuraOne
Yes, they talked about that here in Sweden. The Russian government is always up to no good
I feel bad for the Russian people, much like I do for the American people. Those two countries appear to never care what their citizens think. Never trust a russian news agency and it's best to always be on guard when dealing with them, IMHO.

Free Libya! If the Libyans want Europe and America to aid in their revolution, then so be it. Let's do it until the end. But only if they want it. Don't do it for the GD oil.

sadly your more brainwashed then the everyday amercian joes

Never trust a russian news agency

And why should we trust the western news agency? you saw what happened in 2008 CNN and every other news lied during the Georgia Russia crisis, secondly there are reporters in Libya why aren't we getting more videos? we always hear there point of views from a western point.

But lacking of videos and whats worse the western media wont disclose the real locations of these protests in Libya

Free Libya! If the Libyans want Europe and America to aid in their revolution, then so be it.

wow thats pretty much closet minded, i guess your not familiar with CIAs backed revolutions?

Don't do it for the GD oil

The whole protest was for OIL, a protester had a sign that stated Oil For The West in pure english and the west word was written like american flag.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Why are all those Libyans speaking in English? i thought Libyans speak only Arabic that only make things more look specious.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Why are all those Libyans speaking in English? i thought Libyans speak only Arabic that only make things more look specious.

BINGO ! Same with the interviewed protesters .Sure some speak English , but it is bordering on unbelievable .

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I saw the video on the CNN link, its definitely an airstrike no doubt about that. Anybody who claims its not is retarded and I am not afraid to say that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I definately saw a jet going overhead on a news link, with people in the foreground. I cannot remember which channel this was on though, as I watch a LOT of news stations. It dropped a bomb on nothing as far as I could see, missing people by a few miles at least. No pilot is THAT bad. I can't vouch for the editing or continuity.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

If my hearing is correct i could swore that jet sounded like an sound effect added in then a blast scene afterwords

heres an example of a real air blast on the ground
www.youtube.com...

that CNN footage looks pretty fake, almost like a TNT blast in the ground after the sound of the jet, yet i saw no missile hit the ground did anyone of you?

afterall if a missile did hit those CNN News Team Crews wont be standing and if a real jet did pass by the question which jet was it?

To me the sounded like an F/15

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
sadly your more brainwashed then the everyday amercian joes

On the contrary. I was just stating do not trust the Russian media. I watch them everyday from my cable provider, do you? Everyone in the world knows the American media is the biggest joke on the planet.

And why should we trust the western news agency? you saw what happened in 2008 CNN and every other news lied during the Georgia Russia crisis, secondly there are reporters in Libya why aren't we getting more videos? we always hear there point of views from a western point.

No, I didn't watch CNN or any other American media outlet during 2008.

But lacking of videos and whats worse the western media wont disclose the real locations of these protests in Libya

Maybe they won't disclose the locations, because it's none of your business. Americans never cared about Libyans. Don't act like you do now. This is a Libyan problem, not a weatern world's problem. However, if the Libyans want our help we should give it to them.

wow thats pretty much closet minded, i guess your not familiar with CIAs backed revolutions?

Now you are judging me as closed-minded?
You don't know me. Secondly, I'm not closed-minded because my opinion differs from yours.

The whole protest was for OIL, a protester had a sign that stated Oil For The West in pure english and the west word was written like american flag.

Maybe that person was American? Maybe he loves the west? Who knows? But, no, because he held up a controversial sign he must work/be backed by the CIA...yep
You don't really know anything just like me, because we are not there. BTW, the whold damn world speaks English now. We are not in the 1800's anymore

top topics

<<   2 >>

join