It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan scrambles fighters to intercept a Chinese spy plane near the contested island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This is the closest SO FAR that Chinese planes have been to the Japanese islands.

ASDF scrambles to intercept Chinese planes in East China Sea

At noon on March 2nd, two Chinese Y-8 naval airplanes were detected 50 kilometers (31 miles) north of the Senkaku islands, the closest ever approach by Chinese airplanes to the islands, according to the Ministry of Defense’s Joint Staff Office.

The Air Self-Defense Force scrambled F-15J fighters to intercept the two Chinese planes, an “intelligence airplane and antisubmarine patrol airplane”.

The Senkaku islands are contested between Japan and China.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I had a feeling China would try something...while many Nations are looking at the Middle East and Lybia...yep.

Edit: Ah yes,you might be interested in my Thread here ...looks like China is up to something.
Edit 2: Cripple the US Economy until it crashes,meanwhile the Military is in the Middle East fighting another War, spy on your "Enemys" to prepare a War Plan...and wait for the right Time to Strike

edit on 2-3-2011 by Shenon because: edit...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
I had a feeling China would try something...while many Nations are looking at the Middle East and Lybia...yep.

Edit: Ah yes,you might be interested in my Thread here ...looks like China is up to something.
Edit 2: Cripple the US Economy until it crashes,meanwhile the Military is in the Middle East fighting another War, spy on your "Enemys" to prepare a War Plan...and wait for the right Time to Strike

edit on 2-3-2011 by Shenon because: edit...

Smart plan by china i bet russia will liberate amercia after the dust, who knows what secrets they might discovered.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

*Ok,thats all Theory here,not a prediction or something

Not China against America. But if the US (and lots of other Nations probably) gets involved in Lybia (which wouldn´t sit well with other Arab Nations...) ,China could order N-Korea to attack S-Korea. Another Front the US has to fight. Meanwhile,China would have a clear shot at Taiwan and maybe Japan.

Just trying to connect the Dots for a pretty "unlikely" Situation

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Let's hope Japan never feels too threatened by China and that China are a lot smarter than they are acting.

They (Japan) have enough weapons ready nuclear material to rival USA or RUSSIA just in storage gathering dust. Also, let's hope they don't radicalize nor collapse as this material could end up on the open market.

top topics

join