It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-year-old is "delighted" to be named the world's hairiest girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

11-year-old is "delighted" to be named the world's hairiest girl

www.datelinezero.com

A young girl who for years suffered nasty nicknames like “monkey face” and “wolf girl” finally has a reason to smile about a rare medical condition that causes excessive hair growth on her face.

Supatra Sasuphan, 11, earned the Guinness World Record for hairiest girl last year and in a new interview with Britain’s Daily Mail the “delighted” Thai girl reveals winning the title changed her life for the better.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk[/ url]
[url=http://
secure.wikimedia.org...]https:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This poor girl! She is one of only fifty to be diagnosed with Ambras syndrome since the Middle Ages. She has hair all over her face, and even her eyelids; and fuzz all over her body.

Also at birth, her nose was smaller and required surgery to open it up so she could breathe properly.

She says she is being made fun of less due to the sudden positive recognition. It could be ... but I am sure this gave her a self-esteem boost, which helps.

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Nah, her parents told her to say that shes delighted, they will be getting the money for the publicity, interviews and any other PR that she will be forced to undergo.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hmm if that were me, id be shaving every morning. Sad, but she can do something about it if she doesn't like being called names. If people always told you your breath stinks, would you not carry mints with you? Not trying to sound like a jerk but come on.
Interesting thread though.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reminded me of the 'wolf boys' of mexico.

google link for 'wolf boys'

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reminded me of the 'wolf boys' of mexico.

google link for 'wolf boys'

Friend of mine said the same thing about the Mexican wolf-boy. I had never heard of that until now.

At least this girl is getting an education, and isn't relegated to a sideshow at a circus.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

actually, if you dig into the family history it's quite interesting.

interview

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Oh wow, rubbertramp. Thanks for that link. How interesting!

Why are there so many people suddenly being born with this condition? Taking in both articles, we gather that this condition has been documented in fewer than 50 people since the Middle Ages ... and suddenly there are 24 people with hypertrichosis in one family alone?!

Weird.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This little girl should get more respect and love from people around her,rosetta stone hindi it is dosen't matter whether she is the hairest or not .

new topics

top topics

join