It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out Of The Frying Pan Into The Fire - From Poverty To Slavery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just a brainfart I thought I'd put out there....

With the new era coming into play in the middle east with protests, revolution, the shaking and waking of governments in many countries and cries for freedom, democracy and more equality.... something wicked their way comes.

If the poorer people of the countries that will and are going through these monumental changes get new opportunities to enjoy a better quality of life with more money in their pockets and more access to things that you and I take for granted like information, electronics, modern communication, education and healthcare, doesn't it also bring into play a whole new area of susceptibility regarding control and influence.

Information can lead to disinformation.
Electronics can lead to distraction and dependance.
Modern communication can lead to eavesdropping and databasing.
Education can lead to prejudicial influence.
Healthcare can lead to more big pharma and feeding their profits.

I'm sure the list could go on and I have to say that MOST of the effects I hope would be beneficial, but in the bigger picture, these people who crave more than they have today may be joining us in an era that sees much negativity when it comes to The Powers That Be.

Recently, some of the ultra rich leaders have been promising large amounts of money to their people. Fear and appeasement, or shaping by manipulation?

Many will be new to the wonders of the modern age, will they understand more of the darker side as many of us do? Will they end up with credit, in a database, glued to corporate TV and spammed with endless internet tripe while they pop another pill and wonder what it was they fought for?

I hope there is a genuine turn around from subjective poverty with elitist leaders to enlightened amenity with accountable and understanding leaders.

I personally don't trust ANY of the world's leaders to do what is best for their people and will always see the negative aswell as the positive, not pessimistic but realistic. THEIR agendas are getting more veiled and complicated every day, maybe from the increasing demographic information and statistics THEY collect from us as time goes by.

I have to say here...The American silence and lack of imput over the recent troubles is not a surprise to me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Things are going to plan.

Time will tell, and the transitions will take a long time. Let's hope they handle it better than some of us do who have been living with it for ages. Let's hope they stay focused. It seems that modern living people sometimes crave the simple life and just want to get away from it all...the opposite of what recent changes could bring about in these trouble torn places. Ironic.

Welcome to the machine.

Peace...nerb

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
As long as the countries in question are surrounded by established countries that are to some extent corrupt, then that corruption will seep into the newly established countries. It's just the way the world is. The only way to end corruption absolutely is to wipe out the entire populace and start all over.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
True.
If the govs wipe out the civilian populace, then there would be no one to call them corrupt, now would there?

join