It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran forces fire teargas at protesters: pro-reform websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Iran forces fire teargas at protesters: pro-reform websites

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Iranian security forces fired teargas and clashed with anti-government protesters demonstrating against the treatment of opposition leaders, pro-reform websites reported on Tuesday.

Thousands of demonstrators poured into the streets of Tehran and other cities, chanting slogans against the government, Sahamnews reported.

"Security forces and plainclothes agents fired teargas and clashed with demonstrators in Tehran to disperse them," another opposition website Kaleme reported.

"Protesters have formed groups in hundreds and are marching toward Tehran's Azadi (Freedom) Sq
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm glad the people of Iran are still fighting the 2009 election results. The two men forced to stay in their homes since Feb. 14th 2011, are essentially being held prisoner for no reason. In my opinion they will most likely be imprisoned and executed. That seems to be the M.O. of Iran's current leaders. The Middle East has always been a very touchy place, and right now it is getting extremely insane throughout the entire region. Some think this is what has been described as the begining of the apocalypse in the book of Revalation. Maybe it is, who knows? I guess we will find out soon enough.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here is a more updated story from the AP
Reports: Iran uses tear gas to disperse protesters

new topics

join