It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horoscopes (This one surprised me)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Alright, let me start off by saying that I realize much of the time horoscopes and "psychic" readings are often generalized to the point that they can fit a wide variety of circumstances so it looks like the psychic was right.

Now with that said, I'll get to my point. I'll begin with a quote of a particular love horoscope from Feb 22 that I looked up after the fact:

There is a very fiery intensity and passion around today, due to today's planetary alignment. If you have been wondering how to get yourself noticed by that very special person, then you have it within your reach to do so today by making your intentions very clear. Don't do your usual red herring impersonation, or wear too much black. Make an impression and say it like it is.

Now here's where it gets weird. On that day, I finally decided to flat out ask a certain girl I've been friends with for a long time about the possibility of a relationship.

making your intentions very clear

Make an impression and say it like it is

That's exactly spot-on for that day without me knowing what the horoscope said beforehand. What do you think, ATS? Just coincidence? It's possible, but seems highly unlikely. I know that horoscope would work as advice on any other day just as well, but seeing as I didn't read it until afterwards... makes me wonder

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
How about the rest of the masses who didn't ask that special person? Coincidence

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

Heh yeah I know, but still... just struck me as odd

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
well......what did she say.......

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

It's funny when things like that happen. I remember watching Nickelodeon when I was a kid, I was playing under the table and the TV presenter said "yes even you under the table"

I was convinced for weeks there was a camera in my TV

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Well, that parts a bit complicated. Kind of a "Yes, but in the future" kind of thing.

Anyways, I've never seen anybody with more good luck than me, so perhaps that's all it is

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Dude, you should just get up every morning and read your horoscope, that way you already know what is going to happen to some broad extent of reality! What I meant to say was... What'd she say?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoincidenceX
Dude, you should just get up every morning and read your horoscope, that way you already know what is going to happen to some broad extent of reality! What I meant to say was... What'd she say?

Ah, but you see, it wouldn't be nearly as odd if I read it beforehand as I would already be thinking about it then.

And it was mutual, but circumstances don't exactly allow for much right at the moment.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

I was convinced for weeks there was a camera in my TV

How do you know there isn't?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is how the God spirit talks to us on a personal level, we call them coincidences or synchronicities but they are actually our higher selves getting a clear reception from our own divine sorce.
Often called intuition and if we listen to it, it gives us a type of road map for life.
It's a beautiful thing

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

That's kind of an interesting take on it, at least for me. I certainly wouldn't call myself a believer, at least in "traditional" Christianity... but stuff like this happen to me literally all the time. I know a lot of people think they notice things like that happening a lot when they're actually just noticing it because it doesn't happen often, but it's not uncommon for things like that to happen to me multiple times in one day.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
There's an old stock picking scam that I'm always reminded of when I hear horoscopes like this.

You send out 10,000 letters in the mail saying "Our investment company is one of the top economic think tanks in the nation. Our predictions have a stellar track record. Test it for yourself and you'll see we're right! For example, in the next month, IBM stock is going to increase in value." You also send another 10,000 letters saying the opposite about IBM - that it will go down.

A month later, let's say IBM went down. You then take the 10,000 addresses the "IBM will go down" letters went to, and send 5,000 of them the same prediction for the next month and 5,000 the opposite prediction. A month later you take the correct answer addresses again and keep doing it. By this point 2,500 people will think that your awesome investment company has predicted IBM's stock movements 3 months in a row, which is pretty impressive - you'll most likely have quite a few new customers. And you keep on going with those who haven't signed up. You're just flipping a coin, but the sample size is so large that a lot of people will think you have some insider info.

It's the same deal with horoscopes like this. How many people with the same horoscope weren't in any remotely similar circumstance on that day?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Although most people debunk things like Astrology and The Taro etc today, these things have their roots back in very ancient societies, from all corners of the world and have lasted longer that most religions.

new topics

top topics

join