It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do tyrants fear America anymore?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
American governments only "rule" is get involved where huge sums of untapped resources(or drugs) lie about. Cuba? just a little island that offers nothing we can't find elsewhere. North Korea? same story but not an island.

If a country can't oust it's own leaders, then tough, it's not our buisness.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
How dumb is this? BTW cent "this is what is being said the UK right now" and then citing the telegraph is like appointing Glen Beck the voice of America.

The administration kept quite while Americans were being evacuated from Libya.

You don't piss off a madman while your people are still there. Remember the Iran Hostage crisis?...anyone?

as it stands...we have gotten everyone we can out...

U.S. Readies Military Options on Libya

The United States was concerned about speaking publicly about military options while a large number of Americans remained in Libya.Most have now left.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

So, who will flex their muscles? What good do you think this will do? Why would they go into Libya? How are they going to do it? Which country do you support? From what angle(where) will they come in from?
edit on 18/02/2011 by Cobaltic1978 because: Because Because

edit on 18/02/2011 by Cobaltic1978 because: Did I?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

And the race card? My opinion...as stated.

And my opinion...now stated, is that only you brought it up. It's only purpose is to inflame. So man up and find some other reason for anything to have happened.

The election's been...another one coming up. Man up.

Yes, The U.S. election. Canada has its own elections. Why not man up and go get involved in those - first - before even thinking about concerning yourself with ours? On second thought, obama may end up needing all the canadian votes he can get in 2012.

And last, sorry to inform you, but the loss of canadian beer would be absolutely no loss at all to most Americans.

edit on 2/28/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Canada has its own elections. Why not man up and go get involved in those - first - before even thinking about concerning yourself with ours?

What makes you think I'm just another Keyboard Kommando (with Action Avatar)?
I am known and respected by all my reps on all levels of government.
This is an international forum, so you'll get international response, but that aside, I have enough intellectual integrity not to comment on y'alls doings without first working on the shortcomings at home.
Just so's ya know...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by centurion1211

So, what good does it do the U.S. to be a (or the only) super power, if we are now afraid to use that power when and where it is sorely needed?

It motivates the citizenry to vote the " right " way next time, and ensure that no weak minded, empty suit steps in the oval office ever again, thus eradicating the liberal agenda.

Lord knows, with your brisk economy, you could use another war. How come big government is suddenly redeemed if it goes out and stomps on brown people? I'd hold back on some of that aggression and concentrate instead on rebuilding at home before you blow up and rebuild somebody else, eh?

Sad excuse for a post IMO.

First, Neither I or the OP suggested more wars. I think the OP was more about getting and staying engaged in all the issues instead of appearing to hang back and wait for a situation to either be decided on its own (after many deaths), or do nothing at all.

And last, you really had to play the race card in your post? Whatever for?

You have a prudent waiting period assuming the facts aren't all in. You are assuming that inaction equates weakness. And the race card? My opinion...as stated. The election's been...another one coming up. Man up.

Meanwhile...how about addressing the point about the unknown quantity to the whole affair? There is more to this than your dislike for Obama. Really. Think past the party line.
edit on 28-2-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

My point was people in the link were advocating the wisdom of the civillian ferry; they were concerned about asking Gaddafi's permission to land U.S. military aircraft to get our diplomats out.

The Clintons were famous for disrespecting the military in and around the white house
Now she' secretary of state ) the pres is cut from the same"Liberal" bolt of cloth.

Rangers train to take and hold airfields The rest of the Joint spec ops command ("community") ( JSOC) has been equipping and training together ever since the desert one debacle in Iran.The Israelis rescued their people from Entebbe,Uganda
the mossad goes after terrorists personally: people really don't screw with the Israelis much anymore.(Seen any el al hijackings??or olympic teams killed recently?)

All we lack is the will to reassert ourselves. perhaps islamic "terrorists" and states like north Korea would think twice. about poking us if we stood tall again. We paid for all the toys and have improved our skills and coordination...
"inside job" Conspiracy theory aside: Maybe the "war on terror" could then be less focused
on American citizens?"
edit on 28-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
All we lack is the will to reassert ourselves. perhaps islamic "terrorists" and states like north Korea would think twice. about poking us if we stood tall again. We paid for all the toys and have improved our skills and coordination...

Personally? I like the option of shutting down the finances, applying sanctions and enforcing a no-fly zone until Ghadaffi comes to the table. An a larger level, I like personal accountability. # with us, and we take you out Mr. President, El Commandante, whatever. Trouble is...that doesn't fuel a military/industrial war machine, and I don't trust anybody but me to give the orders.

And I'm not sure about me, either.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i'd love the USA to say screw you.

leave everyone to their own.

drop kick companies that deal overseas, open the oil producing regions for more independence.

bring back everything and charge countries for protection.

close the borders tighter than a frogs a$$, kick out everyone that don't belong here. lol! who is not legal.

i am running for POTUS! elect me!

i'll straighten out this #hole of a world! don't get me started on the domestic issues!

j/k

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I saw a news report that the US had seized $30 Billion of the Gaddafi family's assets. How could they do that unless they were quite comfortable in him having such assets in the US. They obviously knew about them. Strange nothing was said about it before.

So long as there's money involved, people can get away with anything. Invest in the US (over/under the table - nobody cares) and you get to do what you like. Sure he's a madman, but he's got oil and money, so he's okay. It doesn't matter how much blood is spilled in the quest for money and oil.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
ANSWERS to Questions inserted

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by maybereal11

What good do you think this will do? A: Prevent Gaddafi from bombing his own people. He has already tried several times but pilots have defected/ejected/gone awol etc.

Why would they go into Libya? A: Not go in, unlikely, but enforce a no fly zone.
How are they going to do it? A: see above
Which country do you support? A: Strange question...in what context? I don't support Gaddafi.I support the pro democratic movement in Libya and I support the Libyan people determining thier own future.

From what angle(where) will they come in from? A: tarting to wonder here...what does this question mean? Plus the one above?

edit on 18/02/2011 by Cobaltic1978 because: Because Because

edit on 18/02/2011 by Cobaltic1978 because: Did I?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Great question.

Add to that should we care if they don't? My answer would be yes.

This is what is being said in the UK on this subject.

source

The débacle of Washington’s handling of the Libya issue is symbolic of a wider problem at the heart of the Obama administration’s foreign policy. The fact that it took ten days and at least a thousand dead on the streets of Libya’s cities before President Obama finally mustered the courage to call for Muammar “mad dog” Gaddafi to step down is highly embarrassing for the world’s only superpower, and emblematic of a deer-in-the-headlights approach to world leadership. Washington seems incapable of decisive decision-making on foreign policy at the moment, a far cry from the days when it swept entire regimes from power, and defeated America’s enemies with deep-seated conviction and an unshakeable drive for victory.

Just a few years ago the United States was genuinely feared on the world stage, and dictatorial regimes, strategic adversaries and state sponsors of terror trod carefully in the face of the world’s most powerful nation. Now Washington appears weak, rudderless and frequently confused in its approach. From Tehran to Tripoli, the Obama administration has been pathetically slow to lead, and afraid to condemn acts of state-sponsored repression and violence.

So, what good does it do the U.S. to be a (or the only) super power, if we are now afraid to use that power when and where it is sorely needed?
edit on 2/28/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

In certain circumstances Americas Governments are Tyrants too. Shock and Awe baby.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Not with the gutless wonder we have for president.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

America still supports many tytants; they know that stopping tyranny isn't America's top priority. It takes a distant back seat to corporate profits.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join