It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bryant's mother defends her son

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Without knowing all the facts at the time of this incident, I too thought Brynant was guilty based upon the media and their coverage. 15 years later, I started reading quite afew reports and not one single witness identified Byrant as the shooter however there is strong reports to claim there were TWO shooters.

After watching 60 mins, that psychologst interviewed was a complete bloody idiot who did not know what the hell he was talking about. I was stunned and disgusted what came out of his mouth.

Of course it's alot easier to place blame on a young man with ASD because no one without ASD could had committed the murders, right???

I'm with Bryant's mother on this one. Bryant deserves a proper trial and based upon the information I have on the case, he would walk a free man.
edit on 27-2-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by Kryties

Nice thread. Made me think if there is so much evidence for his innocence then what was the evidence against him then?

Shaky, blurry video and the fact he was there. As far as I can make out that's about the crux of it.

Cant find any court documents or reportage with anything significant against him. This is truly a strange case.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I also saw that interivew and I though the Pysicharist was bull s*****g when we said he had to listen to Bryant tell him how he killed all those people.

A couple of things about this case from the book I have menioned earlier in this thread:

One; Bryant was found by the Supreme Court of Tasmainia as being incapapble of managing is own affairs. He has an intellegence level of 66 equal to that of a 13 year old. How was he supposed to defend himself from highly trained and skilled interrogating police who did not even tell him he was being held in custody in relation to the cafe shootings but instead that he was being held in relation to events that occured later at the Seacape lodge not far away.

He was allocated two lawyers one of whom was a QC. It was only then that he decided to plead gulity. If the lawyer has have done the research that the author of the book referenced above did Bryant would not have gone to goal. Gotta wonder who the QC was working for.

At the end of the book the author lists events which were held on or about the same time by various authorities.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Has anyone checked Wikileaks?......there might be a cable somewhere containing implicating information. Problem is..where to start looking for that cable if it exists.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

I'm actually disturbed by the fact that we could very well may have a purely innocent man in jail; what are the chances of finding a brillant solicitor to fight for his release? The incident was so horrific that alot of people won't have a bar of it but don't mind a young man, clearly with a disability and more likely innocent, sent to jail for all his natural life.

No lawyer in Australia would dare touch this case with a ten foot barge poll - for fear of the people or something far more sinister?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by haveblue
Has anyone checked Wikileaks?......there might be a cable somewhere containing implicating information. Problem is..where to start looking for that cable if it exists.
Start with the date, then go from there. Thats all i got.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Yeah thats what I thought as well. I mentioned in another thread regarding the same topic about the pages and pages of then new gun laws, that were handed out literally days after the event. Those new laws would have taken months to write, so maybe looking backwards and also forwards 6-12 months from the date of the tragedy would be a "window". Again that's an awful lot of information to be trawling through...and who's to say that key words like "de arm" would even be used. In all likely hood they would not.

I also thought about the location that the event took place. For those that don't know, Tasmania is a state of Australia, but it is an Island. It is not connected to the "mainland". Therefore any repsonse to any "incident" on said island is attended by local forces. If this event was planned and organised, an island environment would isolate any response that may be forth coming from mainland. Now I'm pretty sure the Tasmanian TRG (Tactical Response Group..or tough rough guys) did repsond to this event. But I'm not sure if they required support from the mainland or not...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

It was all a sham..

My only question is why is the mother saying this now when she supposedly was the one that convinced him to plead guilty which bypassed most of the evidence being tested in court..

The mere fact that Little Johny locked all the papers for 30 years is also telling..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
My only question is why is the mother saying this now when she supposedly was the one that convinced him to plead guilty which bypassed most of the evidence being tested in court..

My guess would be she thought he was guilty at the time ( as did the rest of Australia). She then had her eyes opened by others who seen through the bs . I am pretty sure she even met Joe Vialls during her travels around Australia.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by haveblue

I have never really been interested by it. Always thought he was , is, guilty.
I went to school with a girl that was shot and killed in Strathfield Shopping centre massacre in NSW. So i always knew sick things can and do happen in this world. So Guilty, guilty, I have thought for along time.
But now I am older and are aware that TPTB can and do do some terrible, terrible, things to its people.
You all have you me now sitting back on the fence. Its going to be interesting where this thread, this journey will lead me to.
And i do agree, That type of legislation must take awhile to produce and usually longer to pass. So like i said you all have me interested. Thanks
P.s Thanks OP. s&f

PPS.Not trying to derail thread. But any aussies that find this is an injustice on our freedoms, please go to Breaking news on ats. and search for, Australia proposes ban on 1000 plants including national flowers. This needs looking at to mates. Sorry again Op.

edit on 28-2-2011 by meathed because: Because im a meathed and i forget.

edit on 28-2-2011 by meathed because: Me cant spell proper again

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by oddnutz

My guess would be she thought he was guilty at the time ( as did the rest of Australia). She then had her eyes opened by others who seen through the bs . I am pretty sure she even met Joe Vialls during her travels around Australia.

Maybe, but it was 15 years ago and rumors of a conspiracy were around within months of the event...
She must have been the last aussie to hear about it...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

I've had alot of experience with target shooting, and at the time of this incident I was puzzled. My first thought was this guy has to be ex military. I had that exact same thought when the Washington sniper was wreaking havoc. I thought this because to achieve such accuracy over such a short period of time would require years of training. This I know from personal experience, as I trained for 6 years and at one point in my life I held a national ranking that was a single digit. I'm not trying to glorify how accurate the shooting was. In fact quite the opposite. I don't believe it's possible without such training to actually achieve said accuracy. This has been the biggest question left unanswered for me.

I was sorry to hear about your friend that was shot in the Strathfield Shopping centre massacre, truely tragic.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by haveblue

Well he was no expert...
Did you know that they recovered the spent magazines and they all had one bullet left in them ??
That's something SAS soldiers are trained to do..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Have you got the link on the banning of native Australian flowers? I'll keep searching anyhow

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

well i did not hear about the Port Aurthur conspiracy until at least 2001 so she was not the last

I still think it is quite realistic to believe that she had no idea of all of the irregularities with her sons case 7 months later when he went to trial.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oddnutz

I still think it is quite realistic to believe that she had no idea of all of the irregularities with her sons case 7 months later when he went to trial.

Ohh I don't doubt that's possible but I'm more curious that it took her 15 years to speak up in his defence..
Like you say, even you were aware of the conspiracies 10 years ago,,

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by meathed

Have you got the link on the banning of native Australian flowers? I'll keep searching anyhow

Here ya go mate..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Sorry to those to go off topic but found the link to the propsed scedule to ban 1000 Australian plants:

foodfreedom.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

thanks heaps, I'll check that too

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I have heard that they found magazines with one round left in them, yes. I read that on another thread on ATS somewhere. But I haven't heard of SAS soldiers being trained to do that. Doesn't mean that they don't..I wouldn't have any idea if they do or not.

I can think of reasons why they might be trained that way. Sometimes it could reduce the chance of a round becoming jammed as it tries to feed out of the magazine and into the breach. The rounds sit on basically a compressed spring. Sometimes that spring doesn't want to come up straight and hence the rounds won't feed properly (especially if there are only 1 or 2 rounds left in the mag. The spring will be close to full extension at this point). Ever see an old war movie where the soldier bashes the magazine against his helmet before putting it into his rifle? They are trying to "settle" the spring to reduce the chance of jamming (probably trying to get rid of the dirt in the mag as well!).

I can think of reasons why they wouldn't be trained like that. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the rifles are custom made for each individual, they would know that rifle better than they know almost anything else. They would know by picking up the magazine how many rounds were in it without having to count, by simply "weighing" the mag in their hand. They would know when one round is left in the breach, and therefore time to reload. By leaving one round in the breach it ensures that the rifle can keep firing without having manually cocking it, once that round has been fired. Automatic rifles use the gases from the fired round to make the action travel back and pick up the next round.

Like I said I don't actually know what those types of soldiers are trained for. Where did you read about them finding one round left in each mag? Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join