It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military advisers in Cyrenaica. Qaddafi's loses his air force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

US military advisers in Cyrenaica. Qaddafi's loses his air force

www.debka.com

British HMS Cumberland puts into Benghazi port
Hundreds of US, British and French military advisers have arrived in Cyrenaica, Libya's eastern breakaway province, DEBKAfile's military sources report exclusively. This is the first time America and Europe have intervened militarily in any of the popular upheavals rolling through the Middle East since Tunisia's Jasmine Revolution in early January.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
When protests started in Libya I had a feeling that the United States would not keep a hands off approach.

If this was some other African nation with no oil interests, such as say, Rwanda, and hundreds of thousands of people were slaughtering each other in the streets, I have no doubt that the world would ignore it, and not lift a single finger to do anything about it. But whenever oil interests get involved you better believe the Anglo-American world power will be there.

The United States, the UN, NATO, everyone will be invovled in this to make sure their oil interests are not interrupted to the best of their ability. Any nation in the Middle East threatening instability that TPTB have oil interests in will be swiftly dealt with.

The fact that oil prices are already starting to rise bodes very bad for the world economy. The United States is sick, and it's people are still recovering from a very bad flu that had them vomiting at the mouth and unable to eat more than soup. Will they be able to stomach another crisis as appears on the eminent horizon?

Also another report on the fact that thousands have already died in Libya and that poison gas has been used on protesters:

1000s die in Libya, reports of poison gas

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

Like in other threads i tired to explain all these protest were plans by the united states government the riots are manufactured, if you look at an map of Libya the rioting has only happened near the oil areas.

I bet the other places in Libya is perfectly just normal, the riots are very similar to that in eastern eupore of 1989.

Remember my older thread where i tired to explain a group of protesters sign stating Oil for the West?

Your getting right on track.

Even the Russians know the riots are manufactured, yet still people on ATS can be easily be fooled by claiming they are rioting for freedom? Please dont be fooled in fact ask Europe now and see how they are doing after there so called revolutions.

edit on 26-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Anything from DEBKA, take with a grain of salt. Their history for accuracy is not that great.

The Brits have gone into Libya with C-130s to bring out civilians, and their ship going to Benghazi was for the same thing too. But no one has seen any evidence of these hundreds of military advisors going into Libya, that would be hard to keep secret.

edit on 26-2-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
Anything from DEBKA, take with a grain of salt. Their history for accuracy is not that great.

The Brits have gone into Libya with C-130s to bring out civilians, and their ship going to Benghazi was for the same thing too. But no one has seen any evidence of these hundreds of military advisors going into Libya, that would be hard to keep secret.

You still dont believe the riots were manufactured?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by firepilot

You still dont believe the riots were manufactured?

Manufactured by Canada so they have a new market for Tim Hortons stores.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

God I hope this is true. There are people dieing in the streets with no means of defense against their own government. Damned I'd love to see someone there to protect them.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I dont give a rat's rear end about the oil, which is not a significant amount in total. I want someone to protect those people and save lives. I'd dearly love to see that psycho with a bullet in his head.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Usually, I would be angry to see the US step in. I hate it when they put their tentacles in every possible situations. However, I think it's a good thing this time. We are witnessing a genocide here. The sad thing is that, here in Montreal, Canada, MSM talked about it for a couple of days (like 2 or 3), since then I can't find any news about it. This is probably the deadliest revolution since I'm born, and no mention about it? Lady GaGa and her egg is way more important, right?

All in all, I'm glad other countries are stepping in, and I hope they're doing it for the good of the libyans. Unfortunetly, I'm almost a hundred percent sure they have "better" motives than "we the people"...The point about the oil is really good. What is the amount of oil there? Is it a considerable source of oil?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

It appears firepilot, that you were very very wrong. And the assessment in the OP was proven very very correct.

us.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

And the light of the increasing military strikes, the term "military advisers" is typically used to cover special forces to "paint" targets, assess damage and highlight addtional targets.

The question is why NATO is spending some much time and money to provide the rebels with access to this military strike force? Access to the light, sweet crude?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

I dont give a rat's rear end about the oil, which is not a significant amount in total. I want someone to protect those people and save lives. I'd dearly love to see that psycho with a bullet in his head.

Well heck, if you want to protect people from psychos.. there are lots of folks in Iraq, Afghanistan and Waziristan who could use some protection.

top topics

join