It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DOJ's creeping war on whistle-blowers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The DOJ's creeping war on whistle-blowers

www.salon.com

For a President who insists that we must "Look Forward, Not Backward" -- when it comes to investigating war crimes by high-level Bush officials -- this anti-whistleblower assault reflects not only an obsession on preserving and bolstering the National Security State's secrecy regime, but also an intense fixation on the past. And increasingly extremist weapons -- now including trolling through reporters' banking and phone records -- are being wielded to achieve it. As Thomas Jefferson warned long ago: "Our first object should therefore be, to leave open to him all the avenues of truth.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Another fantastic expose by constitutional lawyer and investigative journalist Glenn Greenwald.

He raises some VERY pertinent and concerning points here, in regards to a covert war being waged by a supposedly "transparent" administration (which we all know is an absolute JOKE by now), against anyone exposing their nefarious, and often times highly ILLEGAL activities.

Well versed in the art of "double-speak", our current puppet in chief seems to say one thing, then do another. He advocates 'looking forward' from any investigations into high level gov official criminality, but doesn't mind looking BACK when it comes to folks EXPOSING said crimes, and investigating and / or prosecuting THEM. Gotta love the sneaky, unbelievable selectivity and hypocracy!

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

All the more hypocritical considering he still has it on his "ethics" page for change he believes in...

Protect Whistleblowers: Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. Obama will ensure that federal agencies expedite the process for reviewing whistleblower claims and whistleblowers have full access to courts and due process.
.gov source

globalist puppet... check

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Obama is a schill. He is the same guy we've had as president since 1980.
He is the ultimate say one thing, do another guy.
He said a lot of good things.
Then didn't do any of them.
Instead he forges ahead with this Orwellian nightmare.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
the government's corruption is becoming less and less subtle, I truly fear what comes next after this.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Plays right into the vendetta targeting Assange as well, no trick is too dirty to get somone like him to shut up or disappear.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This has been the week of me going out on a limb... so I'll say it.... you'll hate me for saying it.... and if you don't, about a thousand other members will....

There is no Obama ......
There was no Bush ......

In fact... they (and all the political celebrities and clowns we LOVE because the media plainly tells us we do) ALL don't exist....

you don't KNOW them .... you NEVER knew them....

They were MARKETED to you...

You CONSUMED their image ..... (don't feel too bad, it was what have been conditioned to do)

At the moment, along with the gems DD and others bring us, which are not part of the "center ring" activities of the political circus, there are the other 'shows' (which we here - discussing this matter - are 'conspiratorial' for not following)....

Here is an example:

After the so-called "Great depression" of the 1920's the grievous nature of the exploitation of labor was remedied by a public outcry for the legislated empowerment of employees to not be victimized by the avarice, vainglory, and sociopathy of 'employer' mentality... unions were given teeth...

Now, after the same masterminds present to us this so-called "NOT a Depression" we are ready to turn the clock back to those pre-1920 days because obviously this country's success hinges upon the ability of the 'employer' (in particular the government employer) to ignore any collective objectives of the 'employed.'

Now we should be soiling ourselves over this... it is being made into 'the next issue' for us to quibble over... never mind that this could be handled state by state... and that a general strike would probably 'convince' most politicians that they cant punish the constituency for their parties' spending problems. In fact, there are so many particulars and details making each situation unique that as a 'national' issue this is obtusely myopic.

Now in the OP, we see a true "national" issue..... one which will get little play-time I bet....

The DOJ has clearly telegraphed the policy and foundational meme behind the posture of what is presented to us the Representatives we put in government.

Any attempt to bring accountability to the governing construct... the Republican/Democratic scam - will become criminal... Those who call for the recollection and judgement of past administrations and policy-makers are flirting with criminal dissent and may fall within the collective body of those that think-tanks are calling self-radicalized....

I have long suspected that there is only ONE party.... their separation is a manufactured theatrical illusion - I still think that theory may be very realistic.

I suspect - especially in the most current instance - that the reason this is both a 'trend' and 'direction' which the leadership caste is taking can be explained..... Three words......,

"Continuity of Governance."

In pursuit of perpetuating the status quo which justifies their entitlement to rule over us instead of serving us, they have codified the authority to do so "outside" the Constitution via classified presidential executive orders ..... this authority includes rights they have absolutely no right to seize. but would maintain that the mandate to do so was there.... and since no one is there to stop them or hold them accountable they can.. and will.

I suspect any of their members seeking to change this constraint will have to try and do so without public oversight lest the completely destroy any semblance of confidence in their "mother party"..... or shouldn't I say THE mother party - since the net effect of the parties as we feel them are identical.....

Ohhh - I better stop now ..... are those jackboots I hear at the door?

edit on 26-2-2011 by Maxmars because: editing errors galore

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Ahemmmm....

If you see something, say something! Unless it's something about your co-workers in the upper echelons of government, that is. Especially anything regarding the wars against (drugs, terrorism, poverty, truth, whisteblowers etc...).

And remember, when you do say something, your file has all your important family members' names, addresses, jobs, whereabouts, habits, associations..... Just in case they need some assistance.

Unless you're saying something about your non-gov. neighbors, co-workers, bosses, acquaintences, exes, etc. Then that's OK.
You might even get a "stasi-like" job offer!
edit on 26-2-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There are truely some very trying and frightening times ahead of us.....
This corporatocracy will not stop trying to rule every facet of our existance till they either have total control or we are dead.
Come to think of it a fair percentage of deaths may be a priority for the PTB to instill the fear that makes us obedient and passive.
I dont think a revolution will work with all the guns in america brought to bear.
Defeating the PTB will take absolute unity and faith in our fellow men and women.
It will require that we simply refuse to participate in the aims and agendas that they have set out.
But we must do it enmasse, and in lock step with our neighbours and friends.
We can just stop playing by their rules.tell them to take a hike, and go about our lives and plans without them.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
the government's corruption is becoming less and less subtle, I truly fear what comes next after this.

That's what I think also and it's more than a little scary...

Why don't they even care what WE think anymore?
Are they really all powerfull now and nothing we do will change that?
Or is something BIG planned and close..??

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Let's do the hypocrite limbo - how low can you go?
Whistleblower protections? This was a campaign of empty promises to sucker in a few.
Sibel Edmonds - still gagged all these years later.
This is dictatorship (sorry to agree with AJ)
When certain people are above the law there is no law.
When there is no law there is no nation.
Give us back our country or some will be sorely tempted to take it back by any means necessary.
I'm not calling for revolution, our administration is with every unconstitutional act they commit.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I agree. It is scary how bold and open they are becoming while basically telling us to take our idea that we have a say in how this country is run and shove it.

They arent even using a lubricant anymore. I think, personally, that is because the next part of their plan calls for us to do what they are showing us in the Mid East.

They want US to get all protesty, and demand regime change, so they can totally do away with even the pretense of our democracy and suspend our Constitutional rights.

Be careful folks. We are being shown how to do it, over and over and over again for a reason. They wont start a coup on their own, but if WE start one, they will just slide in and take control once we screw ourselves out of our Constitution.

new topics

top topics

join