It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infowars.com Takes 1st Place in Alternative News Rating

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Infowars.com Takes 1st Place in Alternative News Rating

www.infowars.com

The DBKP Report has listed Infowars.com as the top alternative news and information website in its February, 2011, 80 Alternative News-Information ratings report. DBKP bases its ratings on 3-month average of Alexa worldwide traffic rankings.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm actually posting this one up here because take a look at who's a close number 2 in most visited Alternative news!

You guessed it! ABOVE TOP SECRET

Here is the complete list and stats:

deathby1000papercuts.com...

Via the DBKP site:

The ANI 80′s top five most popular sites is led by Info Wars, Above Top Secret, Dr. Bruce Maccabee, followed by Natural News and Godlike Productions. The top ten are rounded out by AlterNet, The Raw Story, Prison Planet, Coast to Coast and Rense.

Alternate News-Information covers a lot of ground; our broad definition: all these sites cover information or news not generally featured in the Corporate Mainstream Media (CMM). This includes, but is not limited to: conspiracies, esoterica, UFOs, the paranormal, dissident writers, NWO, and sites which primarily feature under-reported news.

Haha love it! Congratulations guys!

Number one up next!!!

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
That Charlie Sheen interview was hilarious. He is so much more brilliant than the media portrays him to be. He himself knows it and that's what makes him great, as you would know if you listened to the interview. Definitely gonna try watching Jaws on a boat, once I can afford to put a tv on a boat, as well as afford a boat haha.

Oh and as for Infowars, I try to listen mostly to the people being interviewed rather than AJ himself, cause Alex Jones gets a bit too enthused and repetitive so he just sounds like a typical ranter, and the stories they publish on the site are always slanted and spun like every other news agency. But they bring up important issues which might not be covered on any other media outlet which is the important thing to note, so it gives you a basis from which to start your own research into malnourished subjects, and the people AJ interviews are usually very knowledgeable and can compensate for that which AJ and the rest of Infowars lacks.
edit on 25-2-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnuraOne

My impersonation of Alex Jones:

'Watch it, you will see. They're poisoning you, drugging you up, taking all of your money, gonna take your childrens toys away and burn grandmas crochet set and throw alllllllll of you in the caaaaaaaaamps! They're coming, folks! You watch. Now you can buy these organic seeds and some of this gold before you get locked up. It's the best thing for you to do, folks. Hurry, it's going fast.'

Alex Jones...he's gone like Pluto.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
well awesome looks like i chose well for my alternative news

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Haha...cool. Someone posted this earlier www.abovetopsecret.com... but it's not breaking news like this story. Just thought you might want to see the comments there too (there aren't many).

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Interesting.. Though personally rate ats as top.. Not impressed by infowars / alex jones - he reminds me of a snake oil salesman.. (Being polite) ..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
one day alex jones will get so angry he will bust a blood vessel in his head and then ats will take the #1 spot

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I hate to say it but Alex Jones reminds me of Rush Limbaugh. Something about his voice, or intonation, or something.

It gives me the willies listening to him because of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Awesome news!

I must say thanks to all of you here at ATS...
And yes, that is all of you, all of us!

Yeeee Haaaw!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
ATS for the win!
I love ATS for the simple fact, the news comes from the community.
We are all free to post an article, and give a little bit of perspective and well we all know what happens after that.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Alex might be number 1 in the poll..

But ATS is number one in real news

You can figure out the real news here vs. having to put up with alex's personality... and you DD need a position as news anchor here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Yeah and I'll bet that report has about the same credibility as an Iranian Election lol lol lol lol or wait for it as reputable as DEBKA! ATS is number 1 don't believe what you read all the time! As for AJ I would not trust him as far as I could throw him!ney from advertising. Despite what he says I don't even believe he has an interest in conspiracy just That stupid, gutless & cowardly stunt he pulled with Charlie Sheen has greatly showed his integrity equals zero! AJ is just another Web Site " Snake skin Oil Salesmen" who makes lots (and lots) of money from it!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

You know, I might be wrong but im seeing the start of a trend.

The bigger the alternative media gets the less important the little guy is becoming in uncovering conspiracies, the more active censorship is becoming as well.

In a few years or maybe sooner it could become that the web is censored and this is your outlet via television and radio entertainment.

Im not speaking about ATS, im speaking about the people making money from books, speaking, merchandise and donations.

edit on 26-2-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Go figure. And alex jones doesnt sensor callers, right?

You best believe the government toys with this site. If they can't censor the internet theyll sway public opinion. Next best thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Infowars will get another boost from the Charlie Sheen interview.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Has to be said.

ATS is #2

Congratulations ATS!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Rush Limbaugh??
He has always reminded me of Cartman from south park...
"Respect mah Authoritae NWO!"

Theres an episode where Cartman takes over the school radio show,and the power goes to his head...I would bet my house they had Alex Jones in mind for that one.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
wow aren't ya'll good at regurgitating one another posts...

say what you all want about alex jones and infowars, but he and they are doing what all of you are not: getting the word out and waking people up. call it 'fear mongering' and call it what ever you want while you all bash on him for his rants, he and infowars are still doing what all of you are not:

getting the word out and waking people up.

if you dont like his sites or him or his rants then simple do not visit his sites, listen to his rants, or pay any attention of what is being talked about on infowars and prison planet.

also based on the kind of comments i see on here often, a lot of the people on this site more then likely frequent infowars and prison planet and listen to alex jones so...

get over yourselves. none of you have any sort of credibility with what you find anymore then he does, but at least he has actual legit scientists and so on backing up his claims. sorry for your fail

except the OP of course. he said nothing along the lines of what any of you said.
edit on 26-2-2011 by XelNaga because: needed to add something

edit on 26-2-2011 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
say what you all want about alex jones and infowars, but they he and they are doing what all of you are not: getting the word out and waking people up.

Ranting, yelling and acting like a madman does get attention, but turns off just as many people.

Fear is the globalists weapon to control and manipulate. The weapon for fighting fear is understanding. ATS if a forum for discussing ideas and presenting truth without fear. Truth is the most subversive element to "waking people" and catalyzing change.

I'll stick with calm, rational thinking here on ATS over fear mongering everyday of the week.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join