It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House caught in corruption?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com...

Somehow, that little company got personal endorsements from both President Obama and Vice President Biden. Biden appeared at the company and told them:

You are making some of the most energy efficient windows in the world. I would argue THE most energy efficient windows in the world.

How did he know? And of all the window companies in America, why does just that one get Presidential and Vice Presidential attention, plus a special tax credit? Maybe because Serious executives gave thousands of dollars to the Obama campaign? Maybe because the energy department official who gives out government grants, Cathy Zoi, is the wife of the Vice President of Policy of Serious Windows?

Could Stossel have just stumbled across and busted corruption by the Obama administration?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If this is what it looks like some people are going to be screaming very loudly and very angrily soon.

fantastic find.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
WHAT ? Corruption in the white house, no way, no how, i dont believe it. Those righteous dudes, there must be some mistake.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You do realize that whenever you point out ANYTHING about ANY President
the people on the opposite side of the fence are going to attack you for attacking him.
I see this as being a bi partisan issue in 3.......2.......1.......

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I came to this thread because I thought there was a typo in the headline. I thought the question mark should have been a period.

We have come to accept a certain level of corruption as normal and traditional. No one yells too loudly about it, except for the partisans of the other side. Most will say "Sure that's wrong, but..." A large factor is whether the press (of both sides) gives the matter extensive coverage. The other factor is whether the public feels this goes beyond the bounds of normal corruption.

Some lower level officials who get caught will resign and find profitable employment elsewhere.
(Thanks to Dolphinfan's post below I can boast that my prediction came true.)
(Excuse me, I'm feeling discouraged and categorical tonight.
)
edit on 25-2-2011 by charles1952 because: Respond to post below

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Its worse than that. I posted a thread on this yesterday that got no traction

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In a nutshell she (and her husband) have reported conflicts of interest in the "clean energy" space and just left the Energy Department to join Soros' clean energy VC firm. Not bad to trade a $200K job for what is likely a $2M job greasing the paper pushers she put into place.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
US politics.....BELLY UP TO THE GRAFT TABLE>>>>>>thats how its done....same same everywhere else too....We need a new class of politicians...honest ones for a change....
The political systems have become mere stepping stones to personal fortunes in bribes, grafts, and outright thefts.....
Why do you think the revolutions are universal out there?
because politicians are all corrupt members of the same elite rich.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No offense Misoir, but you can't "itemize" each and every corrupt act by our public "servants". You will just piss yourself off, and there is SO much competition.
I once had a salesman, and I trusted him with a credit card. Not unusual in my business, but we tracked it from day one. (There was NO day two...) The point is, I didn't keep going to my friends and associates and tell them, well, he did it again today. Cost me big bucks. I am going broke....
I fired him. I took his toys away and put a boot in his ass.
There is not a jail cell big enough for the criminals in our government. Find a similar statement in history and see what comes next.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Just the facts . Before Yobama got elected he said that as President he'd put on his shoes and picket with any strikers to support the union right to collective bargin . There are 2 million federal workers with no right to strike and no right to collective bargin . Any chance he'll unionize that 2 million ? Not a chance . All hat and no cattle . Change You Can Believe In . Yes We Can , Yes We Can . He still hasn't mentioned Gaddafi by name who is slaughtering his own people . I'm sure it's only coincidence that Louis Farrakan and Rev. Wright have boasted of being very close personal friends of Gadaffi , the mass murderer and Yobama sat in Rev. Wrights church for 20 years and heard nothing . God bless America , God bless America , God damn America and everyone heard it except Yobama . Rev. Wright loved Gaddafi and Gadaffi flew him to Libya several times to talk about the good old days yet to come . If there is anyone worse for lying than Yobama it's the piece of crap , Newt the paid off stooge Gingsctrotum . He'd make the best President that DuPont Chemicals and Monsanto ever had . Fire them all and get rid of the facade . Just put Goldman Sachs in charge because they already are . Losing our houses , jobs and pensions is a small price to pay for freedom and Nancy Pelosi along with Yobama and Newt . Are you better off than you were two years ago , 4 years ago or eight years ago and will you be much better off in two years or four years ? Drop the brand loyalty crap and don't let anyone count on your vote as if it's already in the pocket . Keep all of the lying bast*ards in constant fear . Only the undecided are worried about . The rest are useful idiots . Try to get a meeting with any department head , a czar , any cabinet member or the President because you donated 20 dollars and good luck with that . When General Electric , Goldman Sachs or Monsanto wants a meeting they tell the government where and when the meeting will be and what the new policy is . Only a fool is brand loyal to that and it doesn't matter which party is the temporary occupant of power . Two franchises of the same party and that's all . The only way to shake the tree is to keep them all worried , nervous and off balance believing the notion that we may be looking for an honest person . Go tell it to the Spartans .

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

How Dare you.

Question, Critic,and ridicule,that is your right.

I await your golden offerings upon the platter of the free world.

Go Forth and Sin No More.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Corruption? More like the way business in done in the US. Sides, anybody who begins by discussing sides is already lost, as there is no sides except us and them.

Considering Nixon was the first President I became aware of as I was growing up, maybe my outlook is compromised..

So, what does the OP propose we do about it? Greed does seem to run the world now, doesn't it
edit on 26-2-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
May i ask why your thread title has a questionmark?

I thought it was common knowledge by now that the white house is as corrupt as they come, with just a few exceptions here and there..

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Same stuff, different dude.

Really, all of you guys clapping your hands and going "AH! I KNEW IT!" I have four words for you.

Halliburton's no-bid contract.

Yeah. Here's two more; Ignite! learning.

And one last, little tiny word.

Diebold.

Yeah. So. My advice? Wait ten years and see what kind of crazy stuff THAT president will be up to.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yeah!

What happen to Acorn and Anderson Windows???

I worked with both companies on improved window design and they are good companies with inovative designs.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
He came from Chicago, didn't he? Is Chicago known for corruption?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

well they got polticians there so my guess is yes

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This country was built off deception, and corruption.... so I'm not really surprised.
edit on 26-2-2011 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
(Somewhat wandering overly dramatic rant/vent follows)

I love Stossels work but:
"white house Corruption"
really?

So what?

Allow me to be the first to advocate:The "condom of prophylactic cynicism"!

So when it becomes obvious they've been screwing you; you are "protected"; you can settle down and say:" yeah I knew it was gonna' happen"..

Common Side effects include Nausea and vomiting: while watching teary-eyed bleeters and leg tinglers overly enjoying the rush of "a fresh new face" in D.C.

Nary a single politician is worth his salt.

To merely want to be in a position to enforce your will and vision on others( as if yours was the "correct" path) should be classified as a "disease".

No social (human) issue is black and white. I.E. For every single; nice, warm, fuzzy; "brotherhood of man" "we love everybody" plank in the communist manifesto there's a fly covered stinking pile of 100,000 cold dead cadavers of those educated who disagreed (too much love?).

A republican was president during the whiplash of 9/11. The so called "Patriot" act was introduced ( having been authored years before). Is "Iraqi shoe prints on my forehead Boosch" directly responsible? One would have to say "yes "; while keeping in mind had a dem been in office the results would likely have been the same.

The system appears broken but I would be careful not to just hand it over to a screaming emotional rabble fueled by Egyptian takeout pizza and "jolt" cola...

The Ghandis and Mandellas are few and far between and I'm sure if you check with their biographers even they had their foibles. No corporation or union is100% good or bad but some compromise of gray...
One thing to be sure the louder and more foul mouthed the screaming gets the less meat and more pure emotion their is to any argument.

Loudly Call me a "racists scumbag teabagger" and good luck trying to convince me of anything else in your point of view.
ahh there... the current (ongoing)"rape in progess" is out in the open!
I feel better already don't you?

Guess I'm not really cutout for political science..It' all so ridiculous!
edit on 26-2-2011 by 46ACE because: removing double words and adding even more puntuaction

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Is Chicago known for corruption?

You're not from around here are you?

Second line.

edit on 2/26/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
He came from Chicago, didn't he? Is Chicago known for corruption?

you mean the seat of "vote early and vote often Mayor Daily ? Where even the deceased have political power!
and Why shouldn't they? Somebody has to "stand up" for the rights of the "life challenged"!

edit on 26-2-2011 by 46ACE because: punctuation

top topics

<<   2 >>

join