It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for good big foot camp sights.any ideas anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I had a thread similar to this one but i desided to move it from paranormal studies to cryptozoology.my plan is to go on an expedition/search for big foot somewere in the the west coast.But I need the best big foot hot spots in that area.I need some advice.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I've heard from various sources Coshocton County in Ohio is a main hotspot.

Where are you though?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
the west coast.thats all i want to say about my location for security reasons.thanks for the advice.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Superior National forest in MN, boundary waters canoe area (BWCA) to be exact. Its massive up there, and connects into canada. Its some thick wood in those parts, I live in Duluth so I camp up there every year, and have heard a ton of personal stories over the past 20 years. Lake 18, and Dumbbell lake I know have had sightings, and on the other side of the national forest by Ely, Lake Pfiefer area

If you are ever in the MN area that is

edit on 25/2/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The ozarks of Arkansas would be a good place to look. I visited a cabin in Prim, Arkansas. There are gorges there with huge boulders and all sorts of little crevices and nooks where something could hide. There is a lot of wildlife there and various plants and animals that something could eat.

www.longbowresorts.com...
Has pictures of the area.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

Sounds nice thanks fore your advice

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If you are on the west coast and have done a bit of a research on bigfoot, you should know that california and oregon are hotspots. I suggest you go to bfro.net and look at the list of sightings by region to get a better idea of exactly where in california and other places along the west coast you should go. The shasta and siskiyou areas come to mind, g'luck!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by porky1981

thanks for the advice

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Many places in the Cascades especially where there's lots of water. .
If you go in with a group you will likely not see anything.

Alone and unarmed with clear intentions.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

Maybe go to a place like bfro.net where they take reports of bigfoot sightings, find out which location within the area you are willing to travel has the most sightings and activity, and go there. If there are a lot of sightings in one area it seems more likely that there is a resident population rather than one just migrating through the area.

That is what I would do, anyway. :-)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
BTW - I forgot to mention my current avatar is just a crop of a picture of exactly the type of area they hang out.

Here's a larger crop. That is what you want - the light you see only happens for a moment or two in these drainage's & ravines, most of the time it is shaded with little contrast. Hell, there could be one in that picture and you wouldn't know it. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74b7c4c7750a.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7-3-2011 by verylowfrequency because: cause

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Huh I think I know what your saying about that photo.there have been allot of mistaken identity cases of criptoid creatures.pretty picture tho.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I suggest Verlot, Washington. I live near there, I grew up in the area, while I have never seen big foot, or much evidence for that matter. I have had large rocks thrown in my general direction Twice, and last summer I listened to something howl all night for a few nights a week somewhere in the valley. It did sound very much like the sounds they play on the monster hunter shows. There are plenty of campgrounds, places to camp and trails for easy access.

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stillwaiting

I have read a little bit about that area. It sounds like you had a hidden attack encounter. This is common with some primate species. But there have been incidents were people get hit by thrown rocks in the woods and some people say they saw the Sasquatch while being attacked by it.

edit on 8-3-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
well I would imagine those that have been hit by rocks ect, were not respecting its space. And probably had riffels with them. you know what they say a good offense is the best defense. drop me a line if you decide to come this way, and I will show you the area I was in.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stillwaiting

OK. If me and my team pick that area we will contact you through A.T.S. Thanks for your help.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I know there have been several sightings in Tuolumne Co area and of course Humboldt county. If you go to google earth they have a selection that shows bigfoot sightings on the map and a link to the stories. The ones from Tuolumne Co were from the 70's I think, so if bigfoot is still in the area, it would probably be in higher or more remote areas than in the past due to urban expansion. There are several campsites in the area, but most of them will be under snow until later in the season and I doubt bigfoot would want to hang out near noisy campers and ATVs anyways, I would suggest going deep into woods to a remote creek or somewhere for an extended backpack trip. There are also bigfoot hunters who go out on trips so you might try joining their group. Happy Hunting.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by loucares

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into that area when i get the chance. My big foot trip is still in the works. But information like this helps. Me and some friends are going to hook up and take on this expedition.

edit on 14-4-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join