It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange CNBC interview on End of US Dollar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

Gee could he drop more phrases like New World Order and Born Again...

Can't figure out which side he's on. Interesting watch -

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sure, lets listen to a hedgefund manager, lets just jump from one boiling pot to another.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Watch the USDX , gold , oil and consumer prices and you'll see the declining value in purchasing power of the US Dollar . The only reason it appears to be holding right now is because the Euro is temporarily worse . Everything that is globally priced in US Dollars is going up in price without getting more expensive , it just takes more US Dollars to purchase them as the dollar declines in value . When gas at the pumps hits 5 or 6 bucks per gallon the patriots will line up to attack and kill an OPEC country and after that they'll want to go rural and kill farmers when the 100 dollar bag of groceries cost 125 dollars thinking everyone is ripping them with no realization that the OPEC Arabs nor the farmers are making any more money , it's just the dollar de-valuing requiring more dollars to purchase the same thing and it's going to get a lot worse for people who don't or can't protect themselves . This is what free sh*t from the government costs after way too much money is borrowed . The USDX is hovering from 78 to 80 but it will hit 74 in 2012 , gold will see $1,500.00 to $1,750.00 and food prices will be up 15% by years end while oil will likely settle out 2012 at $110.00 per barrel . Figure clothing up 15% also and the folks who manufacture it will get poorer . 110 billion is being borrowed every month just to break even and that doesn't even pay the interest on the debt . Not including anything else , nothing , gasoline , deisel fuel and aviation fuel in Afghanistan costs $400.00 per gallon , and that isn't sustainable . Ship it , truck it by convoy , distribute it by trucks and fly it forward . Every cent borrowed and every borrowed cent inflates the money supply which de-values the currency . If the debt was paid at $100.00 per minute it would take over 400,000 years if not another cent was borrowed or spent in that 400,000 years . When the debt ceiling is raised to over 16 trillion within the next month that's 16,000 billion dollars or 16 million million dollars and everybody still wants free sh*t . Prepare for a hard landing but not a crash , just a grinding decline in the standard of living , if everything goes well .

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I find it a very interesting interview myself. Vickers conclusions are rather intriguing:

The solution is inevitably we are going to have to restructure all world debt. We are going to have to re-align all global currencies. This will result in a realignment of global, I would say, all global authority and inevitably you come out of it where the countries are like born again

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
I find it a very interesting interview myself. Vickers conclusions are rather intriguing:

The solution is inevitably we are going to have to restructure all world debt. We are going to have to re-align all global currencies. This will result in a realignment of global, I would say, all global authority and inevitably you come out of it where the countries are like born again

Brutally honest and accurate prediction imo.
I think something similar is inevitable and it will certainly be a very painful process. Not just for USA but the whole world. There are only two ways to clear debt - pay it off or write it off. I can't see the first scenario happening...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
In a world where 2% of global population controls 98% of the wealth
it is not hard to understand that something is just not right.
This 2% is driving the 98% directly into a wall.
edit on 26-2-2011 by St-Patrick because: confidential

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick

Just speculating here of course, but it could be that 2 per cent that forgive the world's debt, or otherwise arrange compensation for those nations to forgive debt (eg: China's share of the US debt) and thus implement sweeping reforms that include forgiven nations having to commit to / comply with certain regulations.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

I agree with you.

And by the way get rid of the IMF and the capitalism way of life.
Capitslism = selfish
edit on 26-2-2011 by St-Patrick because: I don't remember why

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

This year seems to be playing out to be the starts of many downhill economic disasters to hit united states.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by trusername

This year seems to be playing out to be the starts of many downhill economic disasters to hit united states.

Leaders everywhere - US, Austrailia, New Zealand, Egypt, Lybia ... not that they're the same but they might all thinking the same ... "WTF?"

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick

Just speculating here of course, but it could be that 2 per cent that forgive the world's debt, or otherwise arrange compensation for those nations to forgive debt (eg: China's share of the US debt) and thus implement sweeping reforms that include forgiven nations having to commit to / comply with certain regulations.

Or it could go the other way, this has all happened before... and well guillotines turned out to be quite useful.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fblack

Brutally honest and accurate prediction imo.
I think something similar is inevitable and it will certainly be a very painful process. Not just for USA but the whole world. There are only two ways to clear debt - pay it off or write it off. I can't see the first scenario happening...

I agree - has to be write it off. Let's just hope it's not the same people that are dealing with foreclosures or we'll all be old and gray.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Wierd verbage right? Born Again... even "re-align all global currencies"... is that a common phrase? I haven't heard that before. ALL global currencies? as in tie them? I don't think so. and why RE align? when were they all aligned before? Unless he's referring to the gold standard and if so why doesn't he ever mention gold?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
If the debt was paid at $100.00 per minute it would take over 400,000 years if not another cent was borrowed or spent in that 400,000 years . When the debt ceiling is raised to over 16 trillion within the next month that's 16,000 billion dollars or 16 million million dollars and everybody still wants free sh*t . Prepare for a hard landing but not a crash , just a grinding decline in the standard of living , if everything goes well .

Well when you put it like that - maybe we do have a little problem.
Thanks for this -

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
the dollar is in its death throes.

We had a great gig going, and we enjoyed the benefits. We had the reserve currency. Put it all together. Oil had to be paid in dollars. your economy needs oil, you need dollars. You have to make something for us, to get our dollars, so that you can buy oil and make your economy grow.

someone a long time ago put us in the perfect position. "Lets coerce leaders, and buy control over the middle east oil. Then when everyone else sees the value of oil, we make them buy it with our dollars. They "trade" their cheap labour for our "paper representatives of wealth".

We had the world by the balls. But power and wealth attracts corruption, and we have more than our share. The tics have sucked enough blood off the beast, to kill it. Our military has been working for the chinese for years now.

Now china is trading yuan's with Russia for oil. We are cut out of the equation both economically and geopolitically. China is locking up copper in Chile. Rare earth metals from within and Australia.

We are dead in the water folks, and the death of the dollar is the least of our worries.

top topics

join