It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A video of the Christchurch Earthquake disaster zone ground zero!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hey guys

A friend of mines husband filmed this and she posted it up on my Facebook page. I got her to load it up on Youtube so i could share it with you.

This is a video tour of ground zero through some of the restricted areas in Christchurch city. We have just been told today that 1/3rd of the city is going to have to be demolished and rebuilt. This doesn't include the houses. Thats just the CBD area.

The scope of this disaster is absolutely enormous. Some residents refuse to ever return to Christchurch after what they have had to experience.

Please remember that this video only covers some of the city. There is a lot more destruction elsewhere and also throughout the suburbs. Its just beyond what many of us can comprehend unless we are on the ground there walking around.

I live in Auckland and have talked to many people in Christchurch about this and their experiences. Four people i know lost family in this disaster.

I am so proud to see our entire country pulling together to help each other in this tragedy and the worlds response and support has also been amazing.

Here is the video. Will post up more when i can get them.

cheers

LS

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The video keeps freezing at the 2:00 mark

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Light soul

Shocking video. Lost for words

join