It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists develop cloaking device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Researchers at the UK's Birmingham University develop a new cloaking device.
www.bing.com...

it appears that the scientists used a calcite crystal to allow objects to become party invisibile, wonder where this is going from here.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by locololo

Hey baby steps in the right direction....
Good find ! S & F

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the link.

There have been other similar devices but this one appears unique.

I am surprised that such information is publicly available.

Does that mean the military is already 20years ahead? Or does it mean the military has no interest in it or doesn't expect such information to cause any future problems?

Or do they think such information will make other nations like Russia or China or whoever, think that the USA and UK have access to cloaking tech, just to keep them on their toes and paranoid?

So many questions, so few answers.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Glad this is finally coming out to the public but unfortunately the government and military has been working with cloaking devices and invisibility as far back as the late 1940s and early 1950s. Just another technology received in dealing with the Greys.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i agree ^

just how we were jump started before. were being jump started again. except it happened in the 50s when the greys came. all in all it sounds like they are a peaceful species just extremely curious as to how we work. we are the aliens to them but they also know there are hundreds of millions even billions of planets in our galaxy with human life on it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

most likely, they believe that they keep china on its toes, but maybe its doing this just to see the public reaction time to the posting of news to the posting on this site or some experiment like this, so thye know what to use to mess with our heads

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Somebody should give these guys the word. It's already been done, and apparently on the bottoms of triangular military vehicles - and they are perfectly silent as well.

Interesting though. Be ideal for hunting.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
My brother showed my family a video of how the govt has come up with that cloak you say, to make tanks invisible.It's crazy..it somehow reflects off of the sun or something and you can't see it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkgomo653
My brother showed my family a video of how the govt has come up with that cloak you say, to make tanks invisible.It's crazy..it somehow reflects off of the sun or something and you can't see it.

i don't think it would work by reflecting the sunlight, because it needs to make the light go around the object to make it invisible to the human eye, but if the government has made one we could better use it with our soldiers, specifically the berets.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is just a scientist that made his own unique form of cloaking. I wouldn't doubt there are more effective and other methods because ive seen other methods that have to do with pigmentation altering like animals except dozens of mini lcd screens that copy any nearby terrain or environment. Cool concept tho. Just goes to show we're living in the future, with cloaking, lazers, spaceships, haha very scary.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Archive BAE Advanced Technology Centre article from 2006:

Camouflage technology has taken a leap forward with the invention at the ATC of a new form of active stealth. At the flick of a switch, objects can be made to virtually disappear by matching their background. This ground breaking research has now given the company a ten year lead in stealth technology and could redefine the world of 'low-observable' engineering.

New concepts based on novel materials have been realised that allow not only their colours to change but also their infra-red, microwave and radar profile to shift and merge with the background rendering them practically invisible. The effect is built into the structure itself rather than being from an add-on material such as paint or stick-on layer.

www.baesystems.com...

new topics

top topics

join