It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It kinda just hit me that we always see the same side.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
of the moon since it is in our gravitational field (or something like that). so my question is (as dumb as it may sound), assuming that in any part of the world you do see the same side:

� Could it be that on the other side of the moon there is this whole alien life (or even us) thats either underground and/or partially above thats exist. i know there are satelites that can take pictures easily of it to prove there isn't (but does not nessesarily mean we'll see clean original copies of them).
� I just find it weird that we spend so much time looking into the stars that are billions of miles away when we don't study one (that we know of) thats literally in our own backyard.

? i read the book ROSWELL: The day after, and it briefly talks about some different plans for the moon.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well, when NASA landed on the moon, part of the mission included an orbiter than stayed in orbit while the other astronauts landed on the moon's surface, and they never reported anything, but if you're a true conspiracy theorist that doesn't mean much

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
yep just like you said, it doesnt mean much, for all we know they could have gone around in one big safe circle and called it a day. who knows. '
'

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
whos_out_there,

Cool Avatar, interesting.

Someone said, in another thread...Robin Williams lives there.
I said it was just his head..(It's from a Movie, Adventures of Baron Munchausen)
He played the King of the moon.

About the other side of the moon. There have been lots of photos taken..
Lots of craters on THAT side too..!!

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There could possibly be alien beings on the "dark side" of the moon. It would make sense because the aliens would be able to stay hidden from the humans much more easily. At the same time it makes no sense at all. Why only colonize on half of the moon? As far as I know both of them have very similar conditions so that would not be a factor. I am judging this based on human nature though, so alien beings might like living close to each other. The alien race also might be a great deal smaller in size than the number of humans. If the alien race only has a population of 20,000, they would not need the whole moon to live comfortably.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Here's a conspiracy theory I just thought of for you:

Aliens altered the spin of the Moon so that it is always facing us as it's in orbit (which like you said it does) so that they could constuct a secret base on the other side to observe our planet from without being detected...!

When you think about it though, it is pretty strange that the Moons spin is just right so that it is always facing us... That is pretty amazing that it occurred naturally!

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
As was already said...NASA fully orbitted the Moon, and on many missions...no sign of the alien base, hehe...

As for Corso (Day after Roswell), he knew of PLANS to build a base on the moon, but even he conceeds that if they did so, it was after he left, and he is simply speculating, because it was on the drawing board. A base on Mars is on the drawing board too, but I doubt it's in existance...(though there is one STRANGE video out there....phony I'm sure, but it sure gives you pause the first time you see it....thread about it a few months back...)

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
it rotates and revolves around the earth once every 28 days (this is an approximation, not an absolute figure). so the other side DOES face us...only when its dark though and you're unable to see it.

not a big mystery here. i had discussed this a long time ago on another board and when it was explained to me i felt so incredibly dumb. i didnt fully realize it does rotate, and it DOES rotate but does so so slowly that you dont notice it.

imagine if you will two balls. one doesnt spin but revolves around the other. i dont mean revolves around like its on a string where the same side faces the opposing ball. i mean it is in a fixed position technically making it rotate once for every revolution around the other ball.

lets put it this way. one ball on top of the other, the bottom faces north, which is south on the other ball. in its fixed position is revolves around the other and half way through...the one orbiting has its north side facing the south side of the ball it is revolving around. and the other half of the cycles completes both the rotation AND the revolution at the same time.

neato huh?

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Actually, you only see part of it don't you? like a little slice on either side? either way, if we did have the same face on us all the time, then it would explain why NASA hasn't yet said OMG we can see the other face of the moon INCREDIBLE!!!! DUM DUM DUMMMM.... of course, they havn't reported it yet, and I quite literallly think that at the rate the moon is going it spins exactly so then no one sees it's other side, possibly showing only during the day, but we would get reports from orbiting sattalites around the earth to have seen it.

Also, how about the electromagnetic force field that surrounds the earth, it helps in holding onto the moon and keeping it spinning in the right speed/orbit... it's weakening big time, getting ready for the big shift, when the magnetic field drops the magnetic poles will flip. so, by then the field would get weaker...and wouldn't that mean, that the hold on the earth (discounting earths gravity field) would weaken and ultimatly the moon can gather pace, and we may soon, the closer it gets to 2012 (estimated time the field will drop and poles shift) get to see the other face of the moon.

These are my thoughts...

[edit on 17/7/04 by PhoenixSGC]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixSGC

Also, how about the electromagnetic force field that surrounds the earth, it helps in holding onto the moon and keeping it spinning in the right speed/orbit... it's weakening big time, getting ready for the big shift, when the magnetic field drops the magnetic poles will flip. so, by then the field would get weaker...and wouldn't that mean, that the hold on the earth (discounting earths gravity field) would weaken and ultimatly the moon can gather pace, and we may soon, the closer it gets to 2012 (estimated time the field will drop and poles shift) get to see the other face of the moon.

[edit on 17/7/04 by PhoenixSGC]

fasinating phoenix, I heard about that a couple of days ago, makes me wonder how much electronics are gonna go haywire, and if there working on a solution for it already, and most importantly i wonder how much money corporations are gonna try and make off of it. IE: the whole year 2000 computer problems thing.

[edit on 17-7-2004 by whos_out_there]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hey, did u know that the moon is slowly spiralling off!?
When I heard this I was like, Oh my gosh... and then about maybe 3 weeks ago i had some strange revelation..lol and came up with that, haha...some strange stuff though, I don't think they care much, they care more about mars...I don't see why they should since it's the moon that controls tidal waves, it's the moon that helps animals hunt at night, it's the moon that provides light for nocternal animals...if the moon spirals loose from earth, we are all toast, it will either go into us, we'll go into it or it'll go off somewhere completely stupid.

What I'm saying, is that, the living planet will be in BIG trouble if the moon spirals out of countrol..the watery waves wont wave, the star fish and other that don't swim but float wont be able to move around much at all...and thats like millions and millions of forms of life just gone down the drain...and thats just one example of what would happen if the moon spiralled out...

[edit on 18/7/04 by PhoenixSGC]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
theres nothing on the back of the moon, and i think theres pics of it too ill go look.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Here's a conspiracy theory I just thought of for you:

Aliens altered the spin of the Moon so that it is always facing us as it's in orbit (which like you said it does) so that they could constuct a secret base on the other side to observe our planet from without being detected...!

When you think about it though, it is pretty strange that the Moons spin is just right so that it is always facing us... That is pretty amazing that it occurred naturally!

That particular conspiracy theory already exists. But there
is more to it.The key point is the moon was positioned to
focus star generated "etheric" energy during a total solar
eclipse. During that interval the way between our perceived
universe and other spheres of existence opens. Time stops
forever at that moment and the aware mind can become
integrated into the collective consciousness.

(For people not familiar with this interesting hypothesis
"star generated etheric energy" is produced tangent to the
solar surface. The Moon position eclipses the Sun during
a total eclipse and the etheric energy is focused by the
space-time distortion consequent of the Moon mass, when
it passes about the perimeter of the Moon as it radiates
from the Sun.
Like a lens, but not quite the "gravitational lens effect"
mentioned in astrophysics. The ritual of sacrifice in
human prehistory to the "gods" during a total solar eclipse
actually sent the spirit of the sacrificial victim to a
higher plane of existence if it happens at the focus of
the etheric energies that weakens the barrier between
the normally perceived universe and the others. That
focus would be at the surface of the earth inline through
the center axis of the Moon and Sun alignment. Of course
the hypothesis is NOT that sacrifice was the purpose, but
rather the essential component of interstellar travel of
the spirit to overcome the speed of light limitation if
actual mass were to travel interstellar distances. The
receptacle of the spirit need not be an organic bio
structure.. a human for example.. although convenient.
The building of these "gateways" among populated planetary
systems may once require ordinary star ships, but the
current hypothesis is that alien technology has evolved
much beyond that, and now wherever the barrier between
the perceived universe and the spirit worlds can be
opened entities may travel in time or space to.. anywhere).

I seem to recall this theory came about back when a psionic
channeled an explanation why the Moon is a World Ship,
that either travelled here in normal space over eons to
set up another "gateway" in this planetary system, or
it was already in this system as a moon and was moved into
position to perform the focusing function after a smaller
star ship made the original journey.

It is an interesting conspiracy theory anyway.

edit: almost forgot to post this other URL for anyone who
wants to know more about this particular theory.. although
probably not correct to call it a conspiracy theory. Maybe
a theory about aliens or how we came to be.. something like
that.
siliconcarnet.free.fr...

[edit on 18-7-2004 by mockan]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
well part of my curiosity is, i know that there might be pictures of the other side, but sometimes pictures dont tell the whole truth.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
For a good Moon UFO conspiracy analysis check out the book by Jim Marrs called Alien Agenda, chapter 1, The greatest Ufo?

He covers the various theories, NASA missions, etc.

Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Once maybe about 3 months back I read that NASA brushes off any unwanted items in pictures i.e. Aliens, space ships..etc... so isn't it possible that they brush these off too? I've actually taken my time and looked at NASA pics of the earth from space and spotted some very hard to see studd, that look smudged... I've seen how blur works, I've seen how "brushing" off works and I've seen how painting on top works...etc... on pics, and there are little parts that have it... it's very hard to spot...thank the cosmos for being black but not plain black so then those who have time can zoom in and exam for ages...lol

Well I'll be checking some photos again, and I will compare them to other photos and I'll see the difference. I'll get back on this case as soon as I can...lol

After all,

One Picture Holds 1,000 Words

Phoenix

[edit on 18/7/04 by PhoenixSGC]

RR

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I always thought the following was very interesting:

A theory that suggests that the moon is a large hollow sphere. Backed up by little evidence, but still regarded by some as a possibility, hollow moon theory originated during seismological tests on the moon following the Lunar landings.

Read the rest HERE.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here's an old thread on the same topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and a link that I posted on it for a picture of the other side of the moon

home.hiwaay.net...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
Here's an old thread on the same topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and a link that I posted on it for a picture of the other side of the moon

home.hiwaay.net...

Here is another link of what is on the farside
of the moon. Less acceptable perhaps than yours but
also interesting.
marsanomalyresearch.com...

[edit on 18-7-2004 by mockan]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
We are the aliens anyways... We killed off the native earth species "Neanderthalls" several thousands of years ago long before they could evolve into truely intelligent species, but they came close. There may be a little neanderthall mixed in with us if you want to believe the bible.

X

top topics

<<   2 >>

join