It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 year old Serbian "Magnetic" boy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Source

A seven-year-old boy in Serbia is attracting worldwide attention after his family claim he is magnetic.
To prove their claim, the family paraded the boy in front of an camera crew, with a variety of objects stuck to his chest.
The boy, called Bogdan, seemed unfazed by the attention - nor did he seem to mind having a variety of cutlery stuck to his body.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a05154af440.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ed35d00e750.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32b8a41c6637.jpg[/atsimg]

There is also a video on the boy at the source link.

So, this little boy is magnetic, but yet he attracts TV remotes and saucers as well? Interesting story to say the least, I wonder if this is a big hoax or if this is real.

I did not really know what to make of this article so I thought I would share it here and see what others thought. First thing that comes to my mind is that this is just a stunt to get publicity, but I really have no idea.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just round and leaning back. Perhaps a bit sticky.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So Magneto has arrived, now we have to find Professor Xavier!
Wolverine is probably in Afghanistan right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In the video it even showed them hanging a big old frying pan to him... Though the bottom portion was cut off from view...

I don't know.. I smell a fish

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
He's leaning back, and he's obese . I can do the same thing , now if he was leaning all the was forward and the objects stuck to him , then it would be more convincing .

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There was a guy on Stan lee s super humans too. I think it was his skin when they had scientists check it out. It was in fact super human but something other than Magnetics. Maybe he has fly hair.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Movescamp

I caught that episode as well, and they determined it was that his skin was incredibly smooth, it had a suction power more so than a magnetic power

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It could be legit... or he just swallowed a magnet.
But if random people can stick random stuff on him, and it works, theres gotta be something up.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I caught that episode of stan lee's superhuman as well. The guy claims he uses psychokinesis to get things to stick. Miroslaw Magola link to video: www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I can't believe this is actually getting so much attention in the media. I saw a video where the dad is placing all kinds of objects on the kid and it's ridiculous: the kid leans back so gravity and probably a little moisture cause the objects to stick to his huge gut. If he leaned forward even slightly, the objects would come spilling off. The dad even had to readjust where he placed the objects a few times because they weren't staying. Let's see him stick these things to his back and calves.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There's been several cases similar to this throughout the years of people claiming to have 'magnetic' properties, but I'm sure the majority were tested and found to have overly 'sticky' sweat. And if they also have smooth skin it has a suction effect on any objects placed on the skin giving the illusion of being magnetic.

I think that's why they can stick any ol' objects to them and not specifically metal items!

Peace out.

This was one of the guys that claims to have magnetic properties - although kudos to him for using talc and/or gloves to try and prove it isn't due to sweat/skin moisture Magnetic Man Miroslaw
edit on 25-2-2011 by Jimbowsk because: Edit to add linky

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Discovery.com thoroughly debunks "magnetic people" by explaining exactly what allows the objects to stick. Here is a couple of snippets, but the explanation is more in depth if you follow the link. Seems like common sense to me.

The key to understanding this phenomenon lies not in magnetism nor in any sort of mystical ability but instead in the physics of friction. Skin is very elastic (that’s why they call it “plastic surgery”) and tends to conform to objects it comes in contact with. This is especially noticeable on hot days when bare skin attaches itself to leather or plastic seats. Skin can also be somewhat adhesive for the same reason.

Second, magnetic people seen in photographs and videos with objects on their body tend to lean back slightly, or stand more or less perpendicular to the ground. If there really was some sort of unknown or magnetic force holding the objects to the body, the person should be able to lean over. It’s also true that Bogdan is a bit chubby, and thus some of the weight of the spoons and other objects on his chest is actually resting on the upper part of his protruding stomach.

news.discovery.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I agree with most of the above posts.
For a person to be magnetic, the molecules should be arranged in a totally different manner than found in the human body.This will obviously affect the body metabolism.
Bottom line - another Hoax

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

thts a great and humarous reply ...!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here is the link,its not fake... I saw that live, this kid has magnetic powers, believe it or not!

www.youtube.com...

and another one link:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-3-2011 by op0sum because: wrong link

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by op0sum
Here is the link,its not fake... I saw that live, this kid has magnetic powers, believe it or not!

www.youtube.com...

and another one link:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-3-2011 by op0sum because: wrong link

Define "magnetism," please.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by op0sum

It can't be magnetism is non-metal objects are sticking to him too. It must be something else.

Whether it's a hoax or genuine I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JakeLeMaster

Hm, no.. google it and find definition..

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Yes, i called it magnetism but he can attract ceramic materials too... I was wrong, call it whatever you want... Too bad that Serbian scientists show no interest about this

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: predator0187

The sceptics show in the media that they can adhere various objects to their torso. They try to duplicate the magnetic effect by bendings lightly backwards and attaching objects onto slightly damp skin to imitate the Human Magnet.

In contrast to the sceptics, magnetic people show in the media that with mind power they are capable of lifting objects of different materials off the floor without aid. This can be done with the head or palms of the hands to hold objects vertically, horizontally or in circular movements. Some magnetic people are even capable of lifting objects from the floor with the palm of a gloved hand or even with talcum powder on the skin.

You don’t have be a scientist to see the difference in the demonstrations between magnetic people and sceptics The sceptics demonstrations have nothing in common with the phenomenon of magnetic people as they do not break the laws of gravity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join