It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Ask E.T.?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What would happen if we found out that we are not alone in the universe? Or, on the flip side, what would happen if we decided that we really were alone? Experts provided updated answers to those age-old questions, from a scientific as well as a religious angle, during a Sunday session at the American Association for the Advancement of Science's annual meeting. But one of the most intriguing questions had more of a personal spin: What would you ask E.T. if you had the chance?

First, here's some background:
Questions surrounding the possibility of life beyond Earth might get more serious sometime in the next quarter-century or so. Wesley Traub, chief scientist for NASA's Exoplanet Exploration Program, predicted that by 2030, five Earth-scale planets would be identified among the 100 closest star systems as worthy of being studied for signs of life. He based that prediction on the most recent lineup of candidates from NASA's planet-hunting Kepler probe.

Looking for alien life
What would scientists look for when it comes to life detection? Traub speculated that future spacecraft could analyze the atmospheres of alien worlds for signs of high oxygen levels and water vapor.

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

What would happen if we found Alien life, good question, not talking about microbes or bacteria, but human like life. It would throw our paradigm into utter chaos, religious institutions would have the hardest time with it, especially if they found out we may have been created by another species from another planet, universe or dimension.

If they have found off planet life I highly doubt they would tell us, it's my opinion that they are already here and science and governments know, it may the biggest secret, lie of our time. There seems to be at the very least anecdotal evidence that, that is the case.

If I had the opportunity to ask E.T. a question it would be, where did we come from who created us? I think that is the big question that would be on most peoples mind.

How Would Alien Life Change Your Life?

What To Do If We Find Alien Life

Calculate The Odds of Finding E.T.

Hawking : Aliens May Pose A Risk To Earth
edit on 24-2-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I already met an alien, actually. Wasn't anything like you'd expect. It was way better than I had imagined, though.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I wouldn't personally assume that the alien would know anything more about where we came from then us, although they might have some refreshing angles on the philosophy of it.

It's really hard to think of a question without knowing anything more about them then the fact they are an alien. How about, "what do you think is the most important thing I should know?" I guess that about covers all eventualities

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I would ask E.T. what their music is like, or what "sounds" they listen to for entertainment.

I can imagine E.T. drinking whiskey with me listening to the Doors

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueShiroux
I already met an alien, actually. Wasn't anything like you'd expect. It was way better than I had imagined, though.

If that is the case we would like details, inquiring minds want to know. What did he/she look like? What information did you get from your encounter? What proof do you have?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
this topic was covered last week

link   
Hi there, good question ! but I feel for many that it´s already been answered. It doesn´t take much to realize that the universe is teaming with life. We´re all connected in one way or another, I guess it´s just a case of trying not to think as a conditioned human and more of a free spirit.

ET´s have been depicted since the dawn of man in various ways (cave art, land art, carvings) and I believe that if you really dig deep and ask yourself a the question, the answer is already within you.

If I had to ask ET one question ! it would be when will humans learn to live in peace.

link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
I would ask E.T. what their music is like, or what "sounds" they listen to for entertainment.

I can imagine E.T. drinking whiskey with me listening to the Doors

If they listen to The Doors, then we should get along just fine.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by audio assasin
this topic was covered last week

That thread was about abduction, not the same in my opinion, this is about scientists, governments etc. finding E.T. and if that were the case what questions would you ask if given the opportunity.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
If I had to ask ET one question ! it would be when will humans learn to live in peace.

Excellent and I think the most important question of all, if we don't find the answer that question and change our ways we won't be here much longer.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueShiroux

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3221d87a653.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'd ask them to describe their concepts in science, philosophy, medicine & spirituality.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I would ask them where were they created from and if they have any knowledge of their ancient past....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I would ask them if they need to phone home.

Then I would offer them some Reeces Pieces.

Or I might ask to take me home with them.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I would ask them why all the Chemtrail threads on ATS are getting moved to the Skunk Works forum.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
I'd ask them to describe their concepts in science, philosophy, medicine & spirituality.

Those are good questions, what are your thoughts on those questions, I would imagine that it would be very different then ours, since at this time our scientific method is finite and limited, sure they could teach us a great deal more then we know at present.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I would ask (more like beg on my knees) for them to take me away from this place.

I doubt we would both be able to understand each other though.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I would ask them why all the Chemtrail threads on ATS are getting moved to the Skunk Works forum.

Have to tell you jjkenobi that is one of the best posts I have read in a long, long time. Maybe ATS Admin knows the answer to that question.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6301224703ae.jpg[/atsimg]

WASHINGTON — An orbiting NASA telescope is finding whole new worlds of possibilities in the search for alien life, spotting more than 50 potential planets that appear to be in the habitable zone.

In just a year of peering out at a small slice of the galaxy, the Kepler telescope has discovered 1,235 possible planets outside our solar system. Amazingly, 54 of them are seemingly in the zone that could be hospitable to life — that is, not too hot or too cold, Kepler chief scientist William Borucki said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

With these amazing orbiting telescopes and technology that we have at present it will be just a matter of time before we find not only planes but life on them. They may very well be different then us and how they live, it would be an exciting time in our history.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'd ask what their weed is like....

and if they had any to share

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join