It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instability in the middle east in countries with nuclear reactors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I believe both Egypt and Libya have nuclear reactors. Just wondering what security measures are being taken to prevent terrorists from stealing the material for at least a dirty bomb or even to sell to the Iranians. Any thoughts on this topic?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I think that would be the least of the worries. I think preventing a Nuclear meltdown or something would be the greatest threat during this kind of stuff. Even though the western media would make one think its just as simple putting the nuke waste into a suitcase and running with it while no one is looking. I seriously doubt its that easy.

As far as Iran trying to get a nuke from random "terrorists". I'd say thats just more western/israeli propaganda with no basis whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i would assume that the average terrorist would be unable to procure anything radioactive, even if it was only hidden behind an half open door.

interesting question though. i would have to assume there would be security, as long as the entire region wasn't frigged up like a mad max movie

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yeah the issue may also stretch into Whacky Khaddaffi having WMDs and using them? A good point about the meltdown scenario too!

new topics

top topics

join