It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Saudi student arrested in plot to bomb Bush home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

BREAKING: Saudi student arrested in plot to bomb Bush home

www.msnbc.msn.com

U.S. authorities have arrested a 20-year-old Saudi national on charges he tried to use a weapon of mass destruction and potentially targeted former President George W. Bush, the Justice Department said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

FBI agents arrested Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari, who was admitted into the United States in 2008 on a student visa, in Texas on Wednesday. The Justice Department accuses him of purchasing chemicals and equipment to make an improvised explosive device.

Aldawsari, a student at South Plains College near Lubbock, allegedly referred to Bush's Dallas home as "tyrant's house" and possibly contemplated using dolls to conceal the explosives, the statement said.

Not much more available yet.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
An improvised explosive device is not a weapon of mass destruction...while I certainly do not condone the motivation and efforts to harm another individual, I certainly am not okay with the use of Bush era terminology in this case as it is entirely inaccurate...

Shame on the reporters...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Let me guess. He was under FBI survellance for a few months while they befriended him. They then got him all the material he would need to carry this out then they arrrest him for the plot. You know, kinda like the Christmas tree would be bomber.

Just my guess.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Existing thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Heres another case of tptb plotting to have us percieve that there was another plot against one of their own, or "national interest"? This smells funny (IMO)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.
Heres another case of tptb plotting to have us percieve that there was another plot against one of their own, or "national interest"? This smells funny (IMO)

Hmmm.

I always wonder why "tptb" always chooses muslim extremists to do their dirty work. Why not choose blond protestant swedish female volleyball players every once in awhile just to keep it interesting and keep us common folks guessing?

Nah, much more likely that these terror plots and actions ARE actually perpetrated by muslim (not all) extremists, and really nobody else.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

How do you know it was not a WMD.

Weapon of mass destruction.

Not for nothing a propane tank can be a WMD.

Mass destruction means mass deaths.

Hell ricin can be a WMD if consumed by a million people.

Just my 2 pennies.

Weapon

Mass

Destruction.

Not nuclear, biological and chemical.

there is a difference.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The first thought I had was I wonder if this was the "WME" that the security officer was talking about when he said they are on US soil but didn't come through his port. It was an article from last week I think.

Assistant Director of the Port of San Diego admitted to a KGTV reporter that officials have found, in the past, weapons of “mass effect.” A public affairs official interrupted the officer during the interview saying they would provide more information later. The Department of Homeland Security, responding 23 days later, said the officer was “confused” and “nervous”.

Source: www.foxnewsinsider.com...

Perhaps this is the "more information later" bit.
edit on 24-2-2011 by lpowell0627 because: HTML coding

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Hopefully they get them all as I'm sure it was not just one and there may be more throughout the country setting up attacks.

i'm surprised we have not really had an attack.

I think what may happen is alot of these people come here and see it is not as bad as they thought it was. And try to hide in with the civilial population.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

First of all,
anyone can copy and paste. Or for that matter I can just go read the story from the front page of any msm site.
What makes ATS so important and the reason I come here is to hear YOUR opinion on these matters.
Do you have one? any thought? any ideas? ANYTHING at all other that just......"here ya go"????

I for one read the article and laughed at how quick these A-HOLES are to pat themselves on the back. What a bunch of self congratulating morons.
This is ONLY an attempt to justify the "If you see something......Say something" campaign!!!!!
This poor bastard was probably popping off at the mouth on some forum like ATS about Jihad and took it a little too far.
He probably had some bleach, vinegar,baking soda, and bottled water under his kitchen sink.

The Feds march in, confiscate all of his belongings, arrest him, and tell the story the way they want to...What choice do we have but to believe THEIR side?????
They certainly aren't going to give us access to his side now are they????
Think about that for a minute.
WE NEVER have access to BOTH sides of these stories.
What does that mean???
That means that IF IF IF IF
you are arrested tomorrow for planning to blow up the White House then that is the end of the story!!! PERIOD!!!!
You may be completely innocent in every way but it won't matter!

Why would they do this you say??

Therre is fast approaching a time where ANYONE who doesn't FULLY support our Government wil be viewed as a "Domestic Extremist". They are going to systematically get rid of "Domestic Extremeists" in precisely this way.
One day your neighbor is out washing his car, BBQing, enjoying a beer on his patio,....the next day you see a SWAT team kick in his door and arrest him. You'll read on msm website the next day that he was Actually a "Domestic Anti Government Extremist". You know better because you have known him for years and you wonder why no one gets to hear HIS side of the story!!

Because NO ONE CARES!!!!
If the Feds say someone tried to Blow up the White House then By God They did it, and you should be thankful we caught him!!!!!!

I call B.S.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

If someone called you and offered you support to take out your enemy when you had every intention of carring out the attacks.

yes you would.

Now you or eye would have been like this guy is a freak and forward the e-mail to the FBI/CIA.

At least that is what I would do.

These people were programed to hate in the madrassa's when they were very impressionable. When I was working in the early 80's I worked with a kid for Ecudor. he was telling me some crazy # like the us wants to kill all muslims and take their land. That is why they created the aids virus.

I fired back ell if they were targeting muslims do you think they would be targeting them for their promiscuity.

If they were going after muslims they would infect one person on a plane going to the pilgrimage to mecca. So highly infectious fast reacting virus. Then they would take out millions.

This kid was talking about Rah the sun god and all this other stuff.

now I do think the US came up with the aids virus no doubt in my mind. I think it was more of a weapon and the testing phase back fired because they were never really to sure how people be infected.

I could go on and on how this kid was talking but I will be attacked for anti muslim. which was not my intent.

I was trying to point out that this kid would have stepped of the bus in on coming traffic if you told him allah told him too.

i was afaraid for him. Not pysically but by his beliefs and how strongly he felt about them.

His mom was in charge of QC department and I was talking to her about his beliefs. She said when she came to the us he stayed behind and there were always these extremist muslim groups setting up madrassa' looking to get young kids to come to the school.

She told him that all the stuff he herd was lies and the purpose was to convince him that the us was evil and that all muslims should die or convert.

Hector if your out there tell your mom Jenny I said hi. She was a great and remarkable woman who always spoke her mind weather you liked it or not.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
When I first saw this I thought... "Dang... I don't like Bush... but no matter how messed up I believe an Americans politics to be, they don't deserve a bomb"

Let's not forget where the 9/11 hijackers came from.. Saudi Arabia...

Now that their neighbors are quickly falling into chaos with a sight at democracy, this may become a higher priority for Saudis with an Anti American bent

top topics

join