It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: First public protests against the Kims’ regime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

North Korea: First public protests against the Kims’ regime

source

Seoul – The wave of protests that began in the Mideast appears to have reached even North Korea. For the first time in the history of the Stalinist regime, groups of ordinary citizens have protested in three cities demanding food and electricity, sources say. The event is exceptional and confirms the economic difficulties, especially concerning food supplies, people have to face under the Communist government.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-2-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

According to South Korea’s Chosun Ilbo newspaper, citing a North Korean source, demonstrations broke out on 14 February, two days before Kim Jong-il’s birthday, in the cities of Jongju, Yongchon and Sonchon, not far from the border of China.

“When such an incident took place in the past, people used to report their neighbours to the security forces, but now they're covering for each other," the source said.

It's like playing a domino game at the moment. The rebellion is growing stronger and stronger and this is only the beginning. Although I hope that some peoples manage to liberate themselves from tyranny, I am afraid of what the future holds. It all started with a financial crisis (read depression), has now turned into violent revolutions, what is next?

source
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-2-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Cool. Although I wish they'd wait a few days, Libya isn't resolved yet. It's getting hard to keep up!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Interesting, I didn't see that happening, being that people have to have permission to breathe in that country. I hope the protestors don't get gunned down, good for them but that's a scary country to protest in. Add it to the list of protesting countries.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I wonder what the puppet masters of our world are thinking, with all these people in different countries standing up to fight for freedom. Hopefully their thinking run for the hills.

edit on 24-2-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

this one I don't see ending well for the protesters...
NK will not hesitate to shoot any descender they have done so in the past and will continue to do so as this unfolds

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yea me too, it's not like Kim to put up with even a small bit of protesting.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thread started yesterday here... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search is your friend..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Hey I thought recent posts was my friend, thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Holy jesus! The massacres shall continue! Good luck over there anyhow!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

ok, things are really starting to creep me out now. I posted a comment on a thread about libya here earlier today. Just my personal theory but it seems like i may not be as crazy as i thought. So here is the short version: there are only 5 countries left without a rothschilds central reserve banking system. Cuba, sudan, iran, north korea and libya. Alot of the msm (before the uprisings) were focused on war between north and south korea, then the u.s flexing its muscles in support of the south. Then we also had the iran nuclear program under fire taking the spotlight also. I had a feeling that the elete would have had their think tanks working hard. To be in a war with iran or nk when iraq and afganistan are in the state that they are wouldnt be wise. But along came tunisia and egypt and the middle eastern revolution has gone nuts, so isnt just like the elete to never let an opportunity go to waste? If libyans succeed, which i think they will we can guarantee democracy will have its reserve bank in the not too distant future. There was alot of talk in the news that this might spread to north korea and i thought wouldnt that be convenient. So then iran, cuba and sudan are the only places left against the nwo. I dont condone war at all and the despicable dictators deserve the fury of the people but i just cant help thinking that a perfect situation has arisen for tptb to get what they want through the protests of democracy there without inciting war. (covert operations within the masses escalating violence in protest?) If you think about it, iran wouldnt be as scary without nk as its ally and who knows, mahmoud mabey ousted soon also. Are these communist countries the last stepping stone before complete global domination? Are these people fighting only to end up under a global authoritarian dictatorship. Yes the leaders there are monsters, but western governments also have very bloody hands. So am i nuts? Or legitimate cause for concerns? Thoughts please.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antinwochick

Interseting, I didn't know that, if that's true about the banks then you definately have something there.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

I doubt it. Why would these families care about Sudan, Cuba and North Korea. These are insignificant economies with little potential.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i got a feeling that this global revoloution type scenario is pretty bad, maybe a way to make earth seem united into a new world order whether thats bad or good i dont no but pretty sure something bad will come out of it

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

well imo its not really about money and economy at this point, its more about power and global governance. To have globalisation it would have to be every country other wise its new world order minus a couple of countries. But hey lets hope that im wayyy off.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
I wonder what the puppet masters of our world are thinking, with all these people in different countries standing up to fight for freedom. Hopefully their thinking run for the hills.

that's assuming this wasn't their plan all along...

controlling a whole country in this century isn't as simple as it was in the last millenium, evil dictators attact too much attention and can be easily removed if enough people get pissed...

what you need to do is give people the illusion of democracy, have them elect their own representatives and then work on controlling those, make it look like the people are in power, create a fake reality around them, and pull strings from the shadows, control the individual politicians, figure out who to bribe, who to threaten, who to mind-control, and don't attract any public attention to yourself...

a parliamentary society will always be easier to control than dictatorship, provided you have the necessary resources

edit on 24-2-2011 by Naphariel because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by Naphariel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
reply to post by mileslong54

I doubt it. Why would these families care about Sudan, Cuba and North Korea. These are insignificant economies with little potential.

The only thing I can think of is this as far as Cuba
pacificfreepress.com...

Where ever there is oil, there is money, and they control our money

new topics

top topics

join