It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Speech I want Bush to give.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am not a fan of our current president. I got this email recently and after reading it realized that the only way Bush would get my vote was if he were to give this speech. Not a chance in Hell I know, but here's to wishful thinking...

Wouldn�t it be great to turn on the T.V. and hear George W. Bush give the following speech?

My Fellow Americans,

As you all know, the defeat of Iraq regime has been completed. Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete. This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries, which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, and Poland are some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the world�s nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hellholes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption. Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.

In the future, together with congress, I will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home. On that note, a word to terrorist organizations: Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth. Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.

To Israel and the Palestinian Authority: Yo, boys. Work out a peace deal now. Just note that Camp David is closed. Maybe all of you can go to Russia for negotiations. They have some great palaces there. Big tables, too. I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from Nato as well. Bon chance, mes amis. I have instructed the May of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, crushed, and shredded. I don�t care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers, and Limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.

A special note to our neighbors: Canada is not on List 1 or List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to watch your step. Mexico is on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple of extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put �em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil. Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treat � starting now.

We are tired of the one-way highway. It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them I�ll be saying, �darn tootin.� Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America. It is time to eliminate homelessness in America. It is time to eliminate World Cup Soccer from America.

To the nations on List 1: A final thought, Thanks guys, we owe you and we won�t forget. To the nations on List 2, a final thought, Drop Dead.

God Bless America.
Thank you and good night.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
why is this war so divisive? so other countries didnt want to go to war with us, has that become the sole measuring stick with which to judge our alliances and relationships with them?

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
well that is harsh just because they didn't help america doesn't mean that they are not allies, it just means that they didn't think this particular war was right. Or the haven't the money to pay for such a cause.

and the U.S is in Iraq now and they cannot withdraw now if they do it will be like another afghanistan and people will get mad because they lost all infastructure and then start up a retaliation against america and call it
al-quedia. as much as i apposed iraq, we are in it now and we cannot withdraw.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
In a way that appeals to me too on a base level, for awhile it would seem to offer fewer headaches and more visible results - as a teenager I have to say that was the basis of my political belief.

Then I made the mistake of getting into history and it destroyed my naivety for all time.

Each and everytime a country has isolated itself it was soon attacked of worse ceased to be within a generation or two. It does'nt matter if its ancient history or mordern history such as we've seen in the past 100 years.

We cannot afford to Isolate, its sure death for a country.

Now I'm a pragmatic middle aged person whose opinion is jaded by time. *sighs*

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It sickens me that all of these countries are screaming HELP ME HELP ME the majority of the time and what does the United States do? It helps. It helps other countries when it needs to be focused on it's own.

And then in the time of need of this country they abandon us. They turn their backs.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
And then in the time of need of this country they abandon us. They turn their backs.

Oh I no doubt agree with that they are mostly fair weather friends and look out for their own interests in the main - even what we consider our closest allies.

Imagine the world if we had not helped for instance Japan and Germany after WW II, not provided billions to the UN, not provided billions for Iraq.

Who would they have turned to for help? Who would derive power from "giving"(sic) that help.

What would the outcome of the cold have been?, would anybody be helping at all on the terrorism now?

All of those outcomes would have been bad politically as well as economically.
At best we would be a third world nation in living standard at worst we would have been invaded long ago or destroyed in a nuclear holocaust.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If your neighbor's house is on fire, you don't argue over the cost of your garden hose.

America may be helping the other countries one-sided, but I think that it's our responsibility to set the example; to rise above the norm and to show the world that we are indeed great ... not because of our military prowess, but because we'll help those in need even if they don't return the favor.

We do this because one day, in the future, the tables will be reversed and some people will come to their senses.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If your neighbour's house is on fire, and the only reason it is on fire is because your neihbours started the fire do you still help?(actually you probably do so bad example).

but this is not like, france has just been invaded so let us help them. this was a war created by america to get oil and to strengthen their position in israel.

and lets not forget why america went in to WWII it was for american interests not to help out europe.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
the countries which are receiving the most criticism for not helpin us in iraq are helping us in other aspects of the war on terror (eg, in afghanistan, intelligence sharing, and police advisors from those countries with histories of terror). as for iraq, they told us going there was a mistake. it's not like they said they would help and then didnt. they were upfront from the start about it and we went in anyway. it seems childish to go blaming them for not helping us after we did what they advised us not to.

also, the countries which we give foreign aid to unilaterally (ie, without getting much in return) are not the same countries that could help us out in iraq. countries like france and germany are heavily invested in the US, creating jobs here.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
One thing that everyone should remember - all countries, and I do mean ALL countries - act according to their interests, not philanthropy. France does so, Russia does so, Britain does so... and the United States does so.

More and more, I feel that international relations is not about camaraderie. It's about opportunity.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The mock speech given above is narrow minded, elitist, xenophobic, and totally devoid of any worthy human emotion.

In my opinion a mock speech worthy of a vote is the following:

The Speech Bush Should Have Given
by Juan Cole Released: 3 May 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the anniversary of his famous "Mission Accomplished" speech from the deck of the USS Lincoln (May 1, 2003), President George W. Bush missed a major opportunity to put the country back on the right track. Instead, he defensively asserted that all he had meant to suggest was that by that point Saddam Hussein had been removed from power. Anyone who remembers his flight suit swagger and his confident grin knows that this revisionism is simply incorrect.

This is the speech that Bush should have made on that anniversary:

My fellow Americans: I come before you today, my heart weighed down with grief for the American lives lost and maimed in Iraq. Our victory over the Saddam Hussein regime will shine forever in the annals of American military glory. But as president, I must take responsibility for much that has gone horribly wrong in the past year.

I was misled by Vice President Dick Cheney into thinking that Saddam Hussein had an active nuclear weapons program that was only three to five years from producing a bomb. This information was no more than a fantasy. Much of this false intelligence came from a crooked expatriate politician, Ahmad Chalabi, who my administration has been paying four million dollars a year.

The faulty intelligence on supposed Iraqi weapons of mass destruction was cherry-picked and amplified by a rogue Office of Special Operations in the Pentagon, established by Undersecretary of Defense for Planning, Douglas Feith. The OSP fed unreliable intelligence reports to the Vice President, who passed them on to me.

Having been misled into thinking the U.S. had to go to war against Baghdad, I found myself frustrated in not getting the cooperation of the United Nations Security Council. I tossed the charter of the United Nations and the moral authority of the Security Council in the trash bin. I then vilified our allies who declined to go along.

I was advised by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and his deputy, Paul Wolfowitz, that we should fight the Iraq war with only 105,000 American troops. I listened to them, over-ruling and ignoring the joint chiefs of staff of the uniformed military. As a result, the United States lacked the manpower to establish security in Iraq after the war. Worse, they advised me to dissolve the Iraqi army, in part so they could install Chalabi in Baghdad as a sort of soft dictator, making a mockery of the democratic ideals I had preached for the region.

I put no safeguards in place against the abuse of prisoners at Abu Ghuraib and other facilities where POWs were being held. As a result of loose oversight, combined with the over-zealousness of our military intelligence, some prison guards engaged in horrible abuses. These abuses have now surfaced through photographs in the world press, dealing a deadly blow to our credibility as champions of human rights, decency and democracy.

After four private commandos were killed and their bodies desecrated in Fallujah in March, I ordered that "heads roll" in that city. At my command, the Marines encircled, besieged and bombed that city, which was full of innocent civilians in harm's way. The public reaction in Iraq against this operation was so negative that our administration of the country almost collapsed. Hardline Shiites and Sunnis who despised each other even began making common cause against us.

At exactly the same time, I ordered the arrest of radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr. I did not expect the ensuing urban uprisings by his followers all over the south. We lost control of most of Baghdad, as well as, for a time, Kufa, Najaf, Nasiriyah, Kut and some other areas. Our communications to the south were cut. We have now regained minimal control of at least the bases in this area.

I have now decided to back off both al-Sadr and Fallujah. I know this withdrawal makes us look weak and indecisive, but the alternative was to risk blowing up the country altogether. I've now decided to bring back the Baathists and Saddam's generals to help run the country. This reversal also looks wishy-washy, and undermines my argument that we fought the Iraq war to rid the country of the Baath, but frankly I'm at the end of my rope.

As I go into the election campaign this summer, I have decided that the gang of four who got me into this fix have to go. They haven't served me or the country well with their shenanigans. My running mate this fall will be Christie Todd Whitman, not Dick Cheney. I'm asking John McCain to take over the Department of Defense and to find able successors to Wolfowitz and Feith. As for Iraq, I'm turning it over jointly to NATO and the United Nations, if they'll have it. If they won't, I'm afraid we're stuck there for a couple decades. Sorry about that.

Juan Cole (www.juancole.com) is Professor of Modern Middle East History at the University of Michigan and author most recently of Sacred Space and Holy War (I.B. Tauris, 2002).

Copyright � 2004 Juan Cole

Source

EDIT: Quote and link

[edit on 7/16/2004 by Gools]

[edit on 7/16/2004 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Boy, the first speech would be disaster for us, and I'm glad Bush didn't make it.

The speech Gools linked to is more my liking. However, it would never be made because Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney go way back because the worked with Dubya's daddy. They are the puppetmasters of this Administration, make no mistake. They would never let Dubya make those decisions.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I definitely think that the second "proposed speech" is a far more worthy contender than the first. [Not that I could imagine it happening!]

And I cannot see how Bush supporters could object to it - but I'm not an American and therefore have no idea of the Republican mindset. Surely it is easier to admire a President who could admit his mistakes rather than one who persists in obduracy.

He certainly would go up in my estimation, and I think I'd be far from the only one with the same opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The only speech I really want Bush to give is a resignation speech.

So France, Germany, China and Russia didn't go into an unjust war because the US told them to, good on em.

What the hell was up with that spot about Canada?!? Haha yea America real big to threaten you best friend like that.

With the power and wealth comes the responsibility America, sorry but so goes morality. I would think that you should be happy to live in a country that does so much good for so many people even if the people are less than amicable back, it's a mark of a great and benevolent nation. Although I wouldn't say that France or Germany really filpped you the bird in all of this, they were trying to tell you that the war was a bad idea. If you really want to have friends you need to listen to them and respect them as well instead of throwing temper tantrums when you disagree with them. Time to let it go America, seriously it's making you look bad.

Blessed Be.
~Astral

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.

Really?
The foreign aid bill for 2005 is only 19.4 billion and over $2 billion of that is going to Israel.
How is that going to pay for the Iraq war?

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hellholes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption. Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.

France and other countries do contribute a lot to foreign aid.
As a percentage of GDP, the US gives less than all other OECD countries.
link

In the future, together with congress, I will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home.

I have no problem with that at all. Less than 20 billion won't go that far though. Just the Interest on the National Debt is over $300 billion per year. link

To Israel and the Palestinian Authority: Yo, boys. Work out a peace deal now. Just note that Camp David is closed.
I have no problem with that also but I doubt that will happen.
The US will probably never stop supporting Israel.

I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades.

They have been there to help you before, they just didn't support the war in Iraq.

We are retiring from Nato as well. Bon chance, mes amis.

Sure, why not?
Who needs a military alliance anyway?

A special note to our neighbors: Canada is not on List 1 or List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to watch your step.

A threat to one of your closest neighbors?
How nice.

Mexico is on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple of extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put �em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.
Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treat � starting now.

A lot of people in Mexico opposed NAFTA.
I'm not sure who proposed it in the first place.
I won't be sad to see it go. I hope they get rid of the FTAA also. Many of the countries who are being asked to sign that, like the Bahamas, are against it.

We are tired of the one-way highway. It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them I�ll be saying, �darn tootin.� Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America. It is time to eliminate homelessness in America. It is time to eliminate World Cup Soccer from America.

whatever.

[edit on 18-7-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I will add this, France is the one who put forth the M�decins sans fronti�res (Doctors without frontiers) program.

join