It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK judge rules Wikileaks founder Julian Assange can be extradited to Sweden to be questioned in sexu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
was just checking cnn online on found this on the breaking news

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Yeah the headline just went up.

I don't see a full article for it yet. Let's give them 5minutes.

Once it's there let's get a link up.

Found it.
CNN

edit on 24-2-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

A judge in Britain is expected to rule Thursday on whether WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange should be extradited to Sweden. Assange has not been charged with a crime, but Swedish prosecutors want to question him in connection with sexual misconduct allegations related to separate incidents in August.

Very interesting way of putting it.

edit on 24-2-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

thanks your quicker than me eheheh

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
reply to post by muzzleflash

thanks your quicker than me eheheh

Thanks. I actually checked the new threads here at ATS to find this topic as I saw the breaking news banner update.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This is really sad, has i remember a while back when asange was in sweden, that the lawer that was representing the 2 girls, said that in no way was there going to be acusation towards mr assange, he was able to leave the country, and this was on the cbc, just your normal canadian television, and now this lol, its really fixed, well i think.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Mr Assange will appeal against the High Court ruling, delivered at Belmarsh Magistrates' Court, south London, following a hearing two weeks ago. The 39-year-old denies three allegations of sexual assault and one of rape last August in Stockholm. Mr Assange says the claims are politically motivated because of the work of his whistle-blowing website.

full report

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Unfortunately the clock is ticking for Assange.

He could face a legal system which tends to carry out these cases behind closed doors meaning imprisonment for a number of years.

Should he somehow get past that, he still faces extradition to the US where he could face the death penalty for Wikileaks - a complete farce.

If he is truly is guilty of the Swedish assaults then yes, justice needs to be served, but I'm unconvinced and think all this is a way to silence him and destroy Wikileaks.

new topics

top topics

join