It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Vote? There all hand picked before hand.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Here is my point.

The major ticket's democrats/republicans
All hand picked there candidates behind closed door's.
You had no say as THE PEOPLE who was gonna run for you party.
They gave you 4 or 5 choice's..and said pick one.
How is that even close to you picking your candidate?

They have so many rules law's and political bs now adays..a normal man can not get on every ballot in the united states.
Name the last Person to say "I am a democrat and running without my party's backing"
It doesnt happen.

So why vote for the same people THEY keep picking for us to choose from?
Look what there pick's have done to America in the last 10 year's.
America is a shell of what it use to be.
Yet you keep voting.

Then on top of that let's say a normal average guy who has what it takes to run this country better than let's say obama.
You would vote for obama because he had more commercials and media hype.

The power's that be made it over the last 20 year's a billion dollar racket just to run for president or even senate.
Sponsor's..donation..oil companies ...and in turn made sure there could be no TRUE american could run for president.
Because a true american wouldn't take money from the oil companies Enron bp ect..
Or any company cause contrary to beliefs average americans know Money for free doesn't exist.
those people want kick backs jobs list goes on and on.

But every president they have picked does just that take's these contributions lol

By as i asked in the first of the post.
Why vote for someone you never picked to start with?
That right there should tip you off to something isnt right.

If i gave you 5 turd's and said you have to pick one of them..do you pick the shiniest the lumpiest or the hardest?
It doesn't matter cause there all turds right?
So why vote?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You're right, but there IS a way to get OUT OF THE BOX.

1) Vote for a candidate who is either independent or a 3rd party

2) If there is no indy or 3rd party candidate, WRITE IN someone.

We have to get people away from this, "lesser of two evils" thing. The lesser of 2 evils is STILL EVIL!

Stop being cowards, Americans! Take stand against the popular duopoly who has done nothing but screw us for 5 decades!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
All I have ever seen is the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. I never thought votes mattered either. It's all about power, money, and greed.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Simply do not vote, or plead with any candidate to add the option "None of the Candidates" to the ballot as one of their campaign promises. Remember, not only are candidates and winners of elections typically pre-selected, or at the very least the odds unfairly slanted in one or the others favor, but it is the Electoral College that selects your president, not you. True, the Electoral College is made up of the Reps and Sens that are supposed to represent the popular choice of their district, but as we know very clearly from their decisions on legislation, that is not always the case.
edit on 24-2-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Yeah you don;t have to play that game of the lesser of two evils. Its what some faced with Mccain and Obama they were both bad and thats why some people didn;t vote. Thats all.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
There is a point to voting so long as its not a Republican or Democrat, the exception being Ron Paul.

Ron Paul ran as a Libertarian. He said that the 2 party system has made it very difficult for a 3rd party candidate to get on the Presidential ballot in all 50 states.

edit on 24-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Let me play skeptic here and take up the stance that you have no conclusive proof that the presidents are all "puppets". Are they? I don't know

You can't come out swinging by stating that they are, for a fact, hand picked puppets.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Complete and total bull [Snip]

Sorry but this is a lie, you should really look into how your state puts candidates on the ballot. Instead of this complete lie that only perpetuates the myth that people are powerless.

All this does is strengthens the divide between people. Making people think that they can't get themselves elected. This sort of thing needs to stop and people need to know that they can be empowered and can make a difference.

Instead of lying why don't you try and empower people to know that they have the option of running themselves, running for local office, running for state office, running for national office.

In each election there are many many candidates on the ballot, and people often have a lot of real choices and they can if they choose research all the different candidates and elect the ones that are right for them.

But instead the OP is perpetuating a myth, and a lie that people don't have the choice.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
you always have a choice, I vote Libertarian

but the illusion of choice is always present...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Because it gives the slaves.. Oops.. Erm.. People the impression that they have a say in how things are ran..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Because it gives the slaves.. Oops.. Erm.. People the impression that they have a say in how things are ran..

The people DO have a say in how things are run. What is happening in Wisconsin right now is an example of this, another example is the TEA Party movement in the last election. We DO have a say in how things are run. Another example of this is Lisa Murkowski.

The OP is just trying to tell you that you don't matter when the facts say otherwise, the OP is trying to push his propaganda, his own conditioning on you and his basis for YOU not to vote is based on lies.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I am a foreigner so I don`t want to take sides either way on this. But I do have a question:

Why is it that when the American people decide that (for instance they have had enough of the Party in power, kick them out and replace them with the Opposition, the Opposition then continues with the policies and practices of the Party that was kicked out?

This happens in the UK too. We got rid of the Poisonous Blair/Brown bunch. But the new Conservative lot are continueing with much of what the last lot were doing, which is why we kicked them out in the first place.

Unless, of course, they are two sides of the same coin?

Could this be why Elections in the US are nowadays such close-run things? And I do hear tales of Big-business donating large sums to BOTH Parties in the run-up to the Election so that, in effect, they have bought both Parties whoever gets elected.

Also, there have been many instances when people who have been invited to Bilderberg meetings have, within a couple of years, been elected as President/Prime Minister. Coincidence? Don`t think so.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Complete and total bull [Snip]

Sorry but this is a lie, you should really look into how your state puts candidates on the ballot. Instead of this complete lie that only perpetuates the myth that people are powerless.

All this does is strengthens the divide between people. Making people think that they can't get themselves elected. This sort of thing needs to stop and people need to know that they can be empowered and can make a difference.

Instead of lying why don't you try and empower people to know that they have the option of running themselves, running for local office, running for state office, running for national office.

In each election there are many many candidates on the ballot, and people often have a lot of real choices and they can if they choose research all the different candidates and elect the ones that are right for them.

But instead the OP is perpetuating a myth, and a lie that people don't have the choice.

But your a disinfo agent. Your supposed to say that.

Thats what they pay you good FIAT money for. Swaying public opinion.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I vote every election. None of the candidates I have ever voted for have gotten more than 1 or 2 percent of the vote. Locally I do a little better with 3 or 4 percent

It sucks being locked to the rule of the idiot mass. I wish I could just opt out since it's painfully apparent there wont be any change in my lifetime.

This is where those lunatic extremists are born.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

But your a disinfo agent. Your supposed to say that.

Thats what they pay you good FIAT money for. Swaying public opinion.

That's the best you can come up with?

Really?

Each state has different laws regarding how a person is put on the ballot, here in Michigan you have to collect a number of signatures, then, you pay a small fee and bam, you are on the ballot. You don't have to be part of the two party system, you can run as an independent.

Now the two large national parties run smaller primaries which they have members of their party vote for what candidate the party will put on the ballot.

I would suggest that instead of helping disenfranchise people, by trying to convince them that they don't matter, instead, try and empower people and help people realize that they do matter and their vote matters and they CAN run in and win an election, thereby letting each and every person know that they can make a difference to try and make this country better.

But no, just fall on the proverbial sword, be a whinny little martyr, try and convince people to give up and not try. Thereby giving more power to the two party system and the corporate interests that control them.

edit on 2/24/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join