It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This For Real? Facebook shutting down March 15th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Source: weirdplanet.net...

Is my dream finally coming true?

PALO ALTO, CA –Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook will be shut down in March. Managing the site has become too stressful.

“Facebook has gotten out of control,” said Zuckerberg in a press conference outside his Palo Alto office, “and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness.”

Zuckerberg went on to explain that starting March 15th, users will no longer be able to access their Facebook accounts.

“After March 15th the whole website shuts down,” said Avrat Humarthi, Vice President of Technical Affairs at Facebook. “So if you ever want to see your pictures again, I recommend you take them off the internet. You won’t be able to get them back once Facebook goes out of business.”

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
not true theres a FAQ on facebook about it being a hoax

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bjt1ngle

D*mn it!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have heard the March 15th date for a few too many things... I have also heard the shutting down facebook rumor for the past 2 years. But for hard evidence that this is the faux news "World weekly news" exclusive: Facebook shutdown hoax spreads like wildfire

So just to confirm, this is a fake story by a faux news site, similar to that of The Onion and Chive. As a reminder, always fact check before passing on stories, or else what happened today will keep happening over and over (like this trend will ever stop anyway)… oh yea, use some common sense. Also, with a company estimated at being worth over $50 billion, why would anyone even think of suddenly shutting it down. As a friend said, it would obviously make sense to sell it off rather than just kill it all together.

edit on 23-2-2011 by ALLisMIND because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind facebook being shut down, every time I get on there it's the same stuff. Girls bitching about how terrible their lives are because of some insignificant little event, people complaining about how much they hate their job or school, stupid lingo, outrageous rumors, pointless conversations, albums with picture after picture of people posing in front of mirrors or driving around, it's all just so lame and unoriginal.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I have been bullied onto Facebook, but even there I go by a handle rather than my real name.

If only this hoax were not a hoax. I would love to see Facebook go bye bye.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I have been bullied onto Facebook, but even there I go by a handle rather than my real name.

If only this hoax were not a hoax. I would love to see Facebook go bye bye.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Of course they wont shut it down, too many people will have time to think about real problems then instead of typing and watching a monitor.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Facebook is the beginning of The Matrix or at least the first step towards it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
A lot of hackers are now targeting facebook accounts and stealing information if not true now they better fix the problem

top topics

join