It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start of a revolution in INDIA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well this might just be the beginning.

50,000 trade unionists protest high food prices

Tens of thousands of trade unionists, including those from a group linked to India's ruling party, marched through the streets of the capital on Wednesday to protest food prices, piling pressure on a government already under fire over graft.

The demonstration in New Delhi was the latest in a wave of protests sweeping across the world, including West Asia and Africa, ignited by a worldwide spike in food prices.

In one of the largest anti-government protests in New Delhi in recent years, at least 50,000 people representing trade unions from the country's political parties, marched through the centre of the capital towards the parliament building.

In a sea of red flags and hats bearing their union name, protesters chanted slogans and carried banners calling on the government to provide food security.

"Prices will now kill the common man", read one banner.

All thanks to BERNANKE and his economic policies of exporting hyperinflation abroad.

If India falls into chaos comparable to Libya, China and Pakistan might take advantage of the situation...

Protesters arrived by bus and train from all over the country and the numbers were expected to rise.

PJ Raju, secretary of the Congress' trade union, told Reuters around 100,000 people from his party alone would be joining the protest.

The presence of trade union members from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's ruling Congress party -- a rare instance of a protest against their own government -- is a telling sign of the concerns within the party about government policies that have been unable to tame inflation.

Of course the Indian government can't do much, it's because of Bernanke all this is happening.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This would be absolutely no good for U.S foreign affairs....
I hope these peaceful protests end soon and don't lead to anymore revolting.... the civil unrest is becoming an unhealthy habit in these countries abroad.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Holy s"it I pray India will make it without a scratch because without her then like the above poster said China and the Pakis will takeover

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There is a HUGE gap between those with money and those without in India.
What we see happen in India could be construed as a possible prequel to what could happen in America.

The class divide is fueling these fires across the globe.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

China and Pakistan wouldn't likely ``take over``... but China and Pakistan might use the opportunity to seize the land contested, the Kashmir region and the Arunachal Pradesh state of India, which China says is theirs.

If there's a revolution in India, I hope it's fast and clean.

I bet the Maoists in eastern India would use that to cause even more trouble than they are causing right now.

There is a HUGE gap between those with money and those without in India.

Indeed. From the Indians I talked to, the new generation doesn't accept the caste system. They want a more ``capitalist`` thinking... like you work hard and you become what you deserves.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I can only waywayway admire people who are fighting tanks, jet-fighters and whatmores with rocks and stones to obtain freedom. I will not worry about my supposed safety that could likely be hurt if these people succeed in gaining their goal. It is the least I can do.

I will not fear their freedom, I wish them to enjoy it.

Oppressive regimes are falling...

yeah baby!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoincidenceX
This would be absolutely no good for U.S foreign affairs....
I hope these peaceful protests end soon and don't lead to anymore revolting.... the civil unrest is becoming an unhealthy habit in these countries abroad.

HOW HYPOCRITE CAN YOU GET?!
I mean , do you have ANY ideea of how some indians live?
You probably sitt your arrs in some nice and comfy house , but still have the nerve to say "civil unrest = unhealthy habit in these countries abroad" ...
Don't you have any shame ?
These guys from "those countries with unhealthy habits" WORK FOR YOU , give you goods at a good price you hypocrite!

The whole world should REVOLTE TODAY!
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
yay revolution!

only good can come from this, some say our race is on the brink, i say, we're just getting started.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I've said it before and I will continue to say it until I can no longer say it.

IT IS COMING HERE!!!!!
Do what you feel is necessary to protect your family.
Take necessary precautions.
This is not a drill!
I just don't want anyone to be able to say they didn't see it coming.
"No one warned me.
This is America, this can't happen here"!

It IS coming!!!!!
edit on 24-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by Screwed

I agree.

I think it may get here by April.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

My friend, this can actually be the chance where you try to make it as fair as you can.

I know that some have families and not enough income to buy an extreme surplus of bulk foods on the side. But for what you do have, wouldn't you like to share with someone else as well?

We are all one, and you build your own castle.

It's a beautiful and sacred game.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Who are we now to call about tech support, or to find out if we can't turn our miles in to money? It all comes down to food, if you got it your happy. If you don't, how far would you be willing to go to feed yourself, or worse your family

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Screwed

I agree.

I think it may get here by April.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

That would be about accurate. Around the time Americans start revolting after going over a month without food stamps or Unemployment benefits when the government shuts down on March 4.

Just to let you in on the actual number of Americans on food stamps alone, it is around 43.4 million. Yeah let over 40 million Americans go a month without food assistance and see what happens.
edit on 2/24/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I've said it before and I will continue to say it until I can no longer say it.

IT IS COMING HERE!!!!!
Do what you feel is necessary to protect your family.
Take necessary precautions.
This is not a drill!
I just don't want anyone to be able to say they didn't see it coming.
"No one warned me.
This is America, this can't happen here"!

It IS coming!!!!!
edit on 24-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Can you elaborate a little for me and tell me exactly what "IS" coming? Is it rising food prices that is the major concern or lack of available food? I'm trying to really understand what it is exactly I need to prepare the most for. I have been storing up food as much as I can within my budget and my sixteen year old, who follows current events, is wanting to go today to stock up on food stuff. There is a part of me that wants to dig in my heels and tell him hey kid, you're sixteen, you shouldn't be worrying about this stuff! You should be having fun and going out with your friends, you know? I would really like to know what my game plan should be. In my mind I'm thinking about having fun this summer up at the lake and going on vacation and saving money for that. Maybe I should focus on saving up food and cash? Then there's a part of me that says "Oh, it can never happen here" but I never thought I'd see protestors in Wisconsin, either. I think it's the not knowing that is driving me crazy.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

What IS coming is Mass Civil Unrest/Uprising/Protests.
This will be a scary time in America because we are not used to such things.
We are used to a very dull drab plain boring existance. Where things like mass protests are the exception and not the rule.
Rising food and gas prices are just the start.
People are going to be protesting for various reasons.
Force WILL be used to quell the dissent.
These people will be either outright called, or at least compared to......."Anti Government Domestic Extremists"!

All of us WILL fall on one side or the other.
You will either be a compliant citizen in good standing or you will be an Anti Government Domestic Extremist! Period.
There will be neighbors pitting against neighbor
Kids calling the police on their parents
Random people at Wal mart calling the Police because they "SAW" something so they feel the need to "SAY" something.

People are going to be hungry and they will do whatever needs to be done to get food for their children including killing yours.
Look at Wisconsin right now. They are calling in the National Gaurd on the protesters.
OPEN YOUR EYES while there is still time.

"None are so blind as those who WILL NOT see"

If you are planning on going on vacation fine!
I assume you can afford the $5 a gallon gas prices.
Everyone prepares in their own way. It is not my job to tell people to stock up in Food,Guns, and Ammo!

Just prepare to deal with the possibility of no electricity, no phone, no money, no food, no healthcare, etc.

I am not trying to fear monger. I am just pointing out the obvious here.
People are waking up en masse and it is a snowball that can't be stopped.
Nor should we want it to. It will ultimately mean greater freedoms for all. But, first it will be chaos run amuk for a time.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thank you for your reply. I can deal with it. I really can, but do I want to? No. I want the same 'ole same 'ole. It's not every day you come to the conclusion that life as you know it is gonna change. I can be ready for it, I really can. The hardest part though is trying to talk to friends and family because they don't want to hear what we're saying and that saddens me. My mom, who is 74 and has lived through her share of tough times does get it but my siblings and even my husband don't want to hear it. My siblings live life day-to-day and think I've done something wrong in parenting my kids cuz they "question the status quo." I mean my 16 year old son gets it. That kills me cuz it is not the world I wanted to bring him into. He is so smart, on the A honor roll, Honor Society and I want him to be a kid and have fun and go to the prom and be a teenager. Are there just some people that "get" it, that know that times are changing? Why? I feel so alone sometimes and frustrated because I see what's going down but there's not alot of support out there and like minded people close to me. And I have to ask myself, is my perspective a result of being a "newshound", watching news 24/7, being on ATS alot; if I I didn't do these things could I be more carefree? Is ignorance really bliss, and do I want bliss? The waiting is what is hard. I want to know, now. Does this make sense to you, all these questions? Sometimes I could scream. To be honest, I am almost heartbroken cuz this is not the world I wanted for my kids.
edit on 24-2-2011 by queenofsheba because: Added sentence

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think we are all missing the big picture here . I don't feel that all of these uprisings and revolts are just coincidence .

I'm thinking that every bit of this is being choreographed from behind the scenes , by the hidden hand .

Chew on this ...

Several months ago , Julian Assange stated that he intended to release some leaks that would be "history-making" . So far , we haven't seen anything from Wikileaks that would equate to something of that magnitude .

But then , Assange gets detained and arrested on some charges that may or may not be true . He promised that if he were extradited , some devastating leaks would be released . He also is reported to have said that he fears for his life if and when he is extradited to the U.S.

Could all of these uprisings tie into this somehow ? I don't know yet .

It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a diversion was created to shift the focus of attention away from what is really in play .

Could all of these protests and revolts actually be a desperate attempt to shift the attention of the world away from those "history-making" leaks that are sure to be released within the next few weeks or months ?

There's more to all of this than meets the eye .

I firmly believe these current events are a diversion .

What's behind the curtain , that we aren't looking at ?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Queen, at the risk of sounding nuts don't worry about your children. If they are smart enough to get it then most likely they are smart enough to survive without the modern conveniences. My suggestion is to learn how to hunt with bows and arrows. Be subtle with your neighbors or friends and try to establish a network that is prepared. Psychology is a friend and you will be able to get them to prepare without them even knowing it. Tell them that you read or heard from a politician that FOOD, GAS and TAXES are going to sky rocket. Or tell them that a HUGE STORM is coming that might last for a week or something. Just got to work it out so you don't seem like you're crying wolf.

But seriously this world is messed up right now and there really is a very HIGH probability that unrest and famine etc is coming to America. The world has lived under this illusion of money that cannot be sustained any longer. ALmost every country on this planet has debt that could NEVER be paid off because the interest is too unbearable.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

Thank you Hellstorm,
It's an awful lot to swallow to know that your kids see what most adults don't. I am truthful with them, in particular my sixteen year old. I was raised with a whole set of different ideologies, however. You know, we're Americans, we're the best, the strongest, the Super Power of the World, the Star Spangled Banner, America the Beautiful, etc. A big day out is shopping for food to stock up on, really? Cuz that is what is important to him. I feel grateful that I raised such an intelligent young man but feel as though I failed cuz he should be having fun. Sometimes I think I should take away the internet so he can't go on Survivalblog and National Debt, etc. And the worst part is that no one else in my life gets it, they would think I'm crazy.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
47 trains canceled in S Indian state to foil million-man march

The railway authorities in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh Thursday canceled 47 trains coming to Hyderabad from various parts of the southern region, to foil a million-man march asking for creation of a separate Telangana state.

The Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) on Thursday held the march to press the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government for a bill in Parliament in this regard.

And so the government is starting to act like Mubarak...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join